Multiple Entry Tourist Visa

Trouist visas are issued in one to four entry versions - there is only one price so each entry costs the same. There is no single/multi entry as for non immigrant visas with two prices.

So I can request 4 entries but whether I get it or not, I'm assuming, will be up to the caprice of the immigration officer. Or are there other pertinent factors?

Four entry is almost never issued - three entry seldom - two entry many places but often not to those from out of area or with many visas in passport - single entry is normally available until told not to come again.

So I can request 4 entries but whether I get it or not, I'm assuming, will be up to the caprice of the immigration officer. Or are there other pertinent factors?

It is up to the consulate where you apply. Note, however, that a tourist visa valid for 3 or more entries is usually only valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

If your travel itinerary brings you through Thailand for example ten times within six months I think you can even get a tourist visa valid for ten entries, but if you are the national of a country entitled to 30-day visa exempt stay you won’t need any tourist visa for any of the 10 arrivals unless you plan to spend more than 90 visa-exempt days in Thailand within six months.

--

Maestro