Scampy's Diary

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam Mai C, it is hard to find a job if you're not willing to teach English. The best corporate expatriate jobs are usually obtained outside Thailand where a company

employee is sent to work at a branch office in Thailand ect. Some people get lucky at the right time, place and meet the right people and some aren't so lucky. I know people who worked as English teachers for many years and slowly made the right connections and found a niche somewhere in a company. Qualifications also play an important role. Scamp as he has said has little if any business experience. I have given him my advice as others here have and he has done what he wants to do. He has resorted to possibly one of the lowliest forms of 'employment,' the time share man.

Its a means to an end i suppose.

Bloody difficult job as well, soul destroying.

Timeshare itself is a great idea, its just theres too many sharks in the game so actually buying something without getting ripped off completely is the challenge.

Its not a job i would consider, personally, but if it buys you time enough to find that "real" job then more power to you

Its a means to an end i suppose.

Bloody difficult job as well, soul destroying.

Timeshare itself is a great idea, its just theres too many sharks in the game so actually buying something without getting ripped off completely is the challenge.

Its not a job i would consider, personally, but if it buys you time enough to find that "real" job then more power to you

I disagree. Buy a seal club and bash an old lady for her handbag, you'll gain more respect in this way than you would selling timeshare.

What about becoming a Go Go boy? Gotta be better than selling timeshare.

There's a pub in Aylesbury that does a lovely steak and ale pie. Tempted Scamp? Come home!

What about becoming a Go Go boy? Gotta be better than selling timeshare.

There's a pub in Aylesbury that does a lovely steak and ale pie. Tempted Scamp? Come home!

0407arta2.jpg

Iam Mai C, it is hard to find a job if you're not willing to teach English. The best corporate expatriate jobs are usually obtained outside Thailand where a company

employee is sent to work at a branch office in Thailand ect. Some people get lucky at the right time, place and meet the right people and some aren't so lucky. I know people who worked as English teachers for many years and slowly made the right connections and found a niche somewhere in a company. Qualifications also play an important role. Scamp as he has said has little if any business experience. I have given him my advice as others here have and he has done what he wants to do. He has resorted to possibly one of the lowliest forms of 'employment,' the time share man.

Is Time Share a Bad Job?? :o

Please excuse my not knowing, But is it hard for a Farang to find a Job in Thailand??? Or is Scamp looking for a very high-paying one?? :o

It's very hard IamMaiC,

Mainly because of the cultural differences. The "Save Face" and "Client-Patron" culture leaves not many options open for a critical educated Farang.

Most Thai bosses just don't want to see you coming as not only your education mostly makes them lose face, then surely the first meeting in the company will do it :D

Only by strong adaptation to the thai culture of not critisizing and accepting none the less, you're maybe able to secure a job with a thai employer.

I've talked to some people already that worked for a thai boss and they all say it's nerv-wreckingly difficult.

For the multinationals they don't care that they pay 300.000 bath plus to import an expat from the western world, but if you're available with equal knowledge locally for 60.000 they will not hire you.

Thai HR managers in the mean time at a big company seam to play a game called "How can i quickly delete a farangs resume". I think they just don't want any more farang in the company.

So your changes are limited:

English teaching: as this seams to be the only job thais don't think they can do better :D

Starting your own company

living of income from outside thailand

working off shore for a few months , then thailand etc..

Most small farang companies all have the same problems. Bad thai management staff , loosy quality control, ect. But for them to hire a farang is just a to painstakingly process of WP's and visa's. Don't forget that legally you have to make more then half more as a thai to get a workpermit.

If you tend to be down in the drips as scampy almost sounds like , not so many way's out.

Timeshare- high pressure tactics. To be honest with you Scampy doesnt have that in him for such a thing. Basically you have to lie and do anything you can for a SALE. I run into those sorts all of the time, however normally its pretty gals that try and draw you in for the initial sell.

Think Scampy should come home to mother england, regroup and do this properly. Having no dosh in Thailand is torture at best, especially when you can see how cheap things are and can't manage to even afford that.

I just spoke to him on the phone last night. He's doing all right. And has been reading all your comments. He told me he's lost interest in posting. Which I support him 100% and tell him to get on with his life. He's still looking for a better job - even if it will take him back to Bangkok.

I just spoke to him on the phone last night. He's doing all right. And has been reading all your comments. He told me he's lost interest in posting. Which I support him 100% and tell him to get on with his life. He's still looking for a better job - even if it will take him back to Bangkok.

Is he not posting because of some of the thing's certian members have said?? :o