Replacement Remote Control

Billfo

Hi,

My girlfriend 'misplaced' my DVD player remote control while I was back home and now I can only watch VCDs or DVDs that only require me to press play as I can't navigate menus without the remote! We've asked at different places but nobody seems to know where we can buy a replacement remote. It's an LG DVD player if thats of any difference.

Any help would be appreciated, I want to watch DVDs again!!

Cheers!

make sure you remember exactly how your remote control looks like. also most probably you would head out to the Amorn chain. When you do find something thats exactly your remote or close to it, make sure you tell them that you are not sure and they would issue you a receipt that explains its being "borrowed for 3 days". tell them you would bring it back if it does not work with your electrical unit.

i made a mistake of buying a remote from Amorn and thought it should work. it didn't work and they did not allow me to exchange it for anything else. forget about getting a refund at Amorn.

make sure you remember exactly how your remote control looks like. also most probably you would head out to the Amorn chain. When you do find something thats exactly your remote or close to it, make sure you tell them that you are not sure and they would issue you a receipt that explains its being "borrowed for 3 days". tell them you would bring it back if it does not work with your electrical unit.

i made a mistake of buying a remote from Amorn and thought it should work. it didn't work and they did not allow me to exchange it for anything else. forget about getting a refund at Amorn.

Tut tut - you mean you did not take the unit in to see if they had a matching remote?

Here's a roundabout way if you cannot find separate remotes for sale:

Buy a universal remote. Then borrow a remote that comes with the unit itself from a shop that still sells your player, against suitable deposit, then use that to program the universal remote with.

I didn't think anyone over the age of 12 knew how to program a universal remote!! :D

PLEASE....... tells us how to do it!!! I'd love to turn all four remotes into one single unit! :o

Have you looked down the back of the sofa? If its not there you should find that any LG DVD remote will work with your DVD player. This is the case with many companys. If you can borrow one from a friend check it out.

I use to have a digital remote watch that had the different codes for all the top brands. I could turn off or over any TV, DVD player or stereo that I was near. Use to annoy the hel_l out of people.

Buy a universal remote. Then borrow a remote that comes with the unit itself from a shop that still sells your player, against suitable deposit, then use that to program the universal remote with.

I didn't think anyone over the age of 12 knew how to program a universal remote!! :D

PLEASE....... tells us how to do it!!! I'd love to turn all four remotes into one single unit! :o

Google is your friend as it will direct you to step by step tutorials for most major brands of universal remote controls available in the global marketplace, and by following these 'tutorials', you will experience that your father's brother's name shall suddenly be Robert albeit in a more abbreviated form. :D

By the way, whatever gave you the impression I am over 12? :D

Tut tut - you mean you did not take the unit in to see if they had a matching remote?

yeah dumbass me ! .. :D its ok. 100 baht tip to Amorn... they seem to have better customer service when i go back there after the incident :o

I asked my wife to pick up a UBC Remote control and she found a place with a variety of remotes at the Warrarot Market area. Believe somewhere inside the main building, sorry no better directions then that. They told her if it didn't work she could return it.

PLEASE....... tells us how to do it!!! I'd love to turn all four remotes into one single unit! :D

Google is your friend as it will direct you to step by step tutorials for most major brands of universal remote controls available in the global marketplace, and by following these 'tutorials', you will experience that your father's brother's name shall suddenly be Robert albeit in a more abbreviated form. :D

By the way, whatever gave you the impression I am over 12? :D

I never would have thought of that.

The internet is just like our minds... the information is there if we only remember to use it. Thanks for the brain tweak.

As for guessing your age, you were able to write two sentences without saying 'yeah.... like, whatever...' even once! :o

Have you looked down the back of the sofa? If its not there you should find that any LG DVD remote will work with your DVD player. This is the case with many companys. If you can borrow one from a friend check it out.

I use to have a digital remote watch that had the different codes for all the top brands. I could turn off or over any TV, DVD player or stereo that I was near. Use to annoy the hel_l out of people.

:o

I asked my wife to pick up a UBC Remote control and she found a place with a variety of remotes at the Warrarot Market area. Believe somewhere inside the main building, sorry no better directions then that. They told her if it didn't work she could return it.

i did go to warorot today looking for remotes but to no luck. wish you could be a bit more specific as to where in the market. i would love to find an alternative to AMORN for remotes. 3 small kids at home with remote controls as their favorite toy.

i did go to warorot today looking for remotes but to no luck. wish you could be a bit more specific as to where in the market. i would love to find an alternative to AMORN for remotes. 3 small kids at home with remote controls as their favorite toy.

Just asked the wife for more specific details. She says it is right on the road to Warrot Market on the left side right across from a 7-11 just before the big market area. Also she says it opens from 8:00PM to 12:00PM after the flower markets pack up.

Just asked the wife for more specific details. She says it is right on the road to Warrot Market on the left side right across from a 7-11 just before the big market area. Also she says it opens from 8:00PM to 12:00PM after the flower markets pack up.

ok i think i know where it is. thanks tywais!

On a related subject... i had the remote for my Mitsubishi air conditioner go astray a while ago. Just your average 13,000 BTU Heavy Duty machine that you see everywhere. Anyway, having tried several different universal remotes with no success, i enquired what the cost would be to order one from Mitsu and was shocked to learn they are between 3 and 4 thousand baht. Stupid money.

The problem is these days a lot of electronic devices rely on you having the remote, which leaves you out to sea when they go missing.

On a related subject... i had the remote for my Mitsubishi air conditioner go astray a while ago. Just your average 13,000 BTU Heavy Duty machine that you see everywhere. Anyway, having tried several different universal remotes with no success, i enquired what the cost would be to order one from Mitsu and was shocked to learn they are between 3 and 4 thousand baht. Stupid money.

The problem is these days a lot of electronic devices rely on you having the remote, which leaves you out to sea when they go missing.

you would definitely find it at AMORN, Carrefour or Icon branch. make sure you tell them that you are not sure and to issue a receipt that says "its being borrowed" in case you didn't get the right one. otherwise its 100 or 150 baht for every remote control you get wrong.

Hi,

My girlfriend 'misplaced' my DVD player remote control while I was back home and now I can only watch VCDs or DVDs that only require me to press play as I can't navigate menus without the remote! We've asked at different places but nobody seems to know where we can buy a replacement remote. It's an LG DVD player if thats of any difference.

Any help would be appreciated, I want to watch DVDs again!!

Cheers!

Forget the remote! Get a new girlfriend! Then you won't need to watch TV or movies!