Travel To Yasathon.

aussiecollin

1. Google it. (maps.google.com)

2. Bus to Yasothon from Mo Chit terminal. Or fly to Ubon, then bus or taxi from there.

3. Bus to Ubon (www.nca.co.th), then bus or taxi from there.* **

* Bus may actually pass Yasothon.. ask.

** Or go via Bangkok; fly to Bangkok, fly to Ubon, then bus or taxi)

Edited by Jefferson

Hi...

I have a friend in need of some councelling...in Yasathon.

1. Where the heck is this??

2. best way to get there from BKK?

3. Best way to get there form Chang Mai?

Cheers guys...

Collin

1. It's in deepest, darkest south-east Isaan - don't go alone :o

2. About 500kms / 7 hours in a car

3. Can get a bus to Ubon Ratachani from Arcade which I'm pretty sure would go thru Yasathon. Takes about 16 hours though :D

If your mate can wait a bit, tie your visit in with the Ban Fai rocket festival (next month???) and both get completely sideways on lao kao then start councelling - job done.

Cheers,

Pikey.

I'm not going out on a limb here; Yasathorn is part of the problem.

Get your friend to come here for counseling! They should have a night bus. If you really are going to go and not by night bus then fly to Bangkok and then bus or fly to Udorn with Nok air and head south via bus.

I've done it once ... njever again. They have violent monket packs out there too.

travel to Yasothorn is easy enough....just go to Mo Chit bus station and get on the bus..I usually use the 999 bus company..ticket is under 600baht first class and air conditioned...999 leaves at 9pm daily..usally arrive 4.30--5am next day....

have a good trip....

Froggs

Yasathon is in Isan, Norteast Thailand, great little town, some good little guest houses. If you are driving best just buy a Thailand road map(english) about Bt150 read it and hit the road, if flying you would fly in to Ubon which is about 102km northeast of Yasathon. Hope this helps a little. Hope you have a great time, I know the wife and I did when we visited some of her long lost cousins near Yasathon, I felt right at home the place had a 7/11, YEAH. :D:D:o:D

2. About 500kms / 7 hours in a car

Ehm, I wasn't kidding when I said 'Google it'.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...amp;t=h&z=7

It's 827 km. If you average 80 km/h, which you can't, it's still more than 10 hours.

OK, maybe I wasn't clear - 500km/7 hours is from BKK. From CNX I've done the trip a couple of times and best time was 13 hours straight through with just a couple of food/petrol stops.

Yasathon is well known for it's "Ban Fai" or rocket festival and agree, it's more nuts than Songkran, especially when there is the very real risk of one of the 20 foot homed-maderockets not taking off vertically but falling over and whizzing horizontally (I kid you not - they place bets on this!)

Cheers,

Pikey.

post-12876-1207731499_thumb.jpg

post-12876-1207731547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pikey