Where Are Jrd Tornado Bikes Manufactured? Worth?

Mitker

Personally I belief that lots of thinks will be changing now that 250cc is fully in the picture. Again if I was looking for a "serious" cruiser bike, I would hold my buying until the market get more clear.....

Interesting that there are those that claim the CBX 250 could be on the road for 80-90 000 Baht. Especially considering it sells for 44 900 MXN (135 000 Baht) in Mexico or 3 500 GBP (219 000) in merry old England. Considering that Mexico is much closer to Brazil, where IIRC the bikes are manufacture, I would think that the price would be much higher. Probably not as high as in the UK, since I don't know what type of taxes are on imported bikes there.

However, those people could be right.....and if so, BRING IT ON. If Honda could sell the bike at that price point, I would probably be in line to get one (as old as the technology is). Not only that, it would drive down the price of the CBR 150R and raise the bar for the other players.

The current price for the CBF250 would be 115,000 Baht, the price is expected to doing down soon my guess is that it will be around 90,000 Baht. This is all based on the current recommended retail price, you can find the CBF/CBX250 a lot cheaper in Singapore or Malaysia. (prices of around 90,000 Baht are already possible)

Edited by Richard-BKK

• 2 years later...
I bought a JRD 4 years ago, biggest load of rubbish on 2 wheels Ive ever had, spent more in the garage than it did on the road at first. Constant problems, slow, poor to non existant customer service, parts only available from JRD dealers. Its now sitting in a shed at my in laws house cos I couldnt sell it. Stay well clear of them.

The spares are all over thailand.

Just look at the Juk Juks that run around Udon Thai they are all the same parts for the electrics other spares are also easily available if you just let the Thai mechanic get the spares for you.

their is a shop in Pattya that is a JRD shop Garage of 4/2010