Non "0" Visa Multiple

I need to do a non-o visa (marriage) in the near future - have the money in the bank etc.

As I understand, Singapore will issue this certainly. Got my last one from there.

However, I would rather go to KL as I have never been there.

Will they issue the visa as certainly as Singapore, if its not certain I better bite the bullet and head for SIN.

Thanks for any information.

kl and singapore arnt the most welcome of consulte/embassys ive used, and a "certainly" doesnt seem to exit, but a flight is for peanuts, should they mess you around!

Depart

Wed 07 May 2008 - Kuala Lumpur LCCT (KUL) to Singapore (SIN) Flight Departs Arrives Passenger Fare Class

AK 123 0950 (KUL) 1050 (SIN)

Adult

29.99 MYR Economy Promo

AK 127 1950 (KUL) 2050 (SIN)

Adult

9.99 MYR Economy Promo

* Fares exclude taxes and fees

http://booking.airasia.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

chris

Singapore has been a sure bet if you have bank account with 400k and current statement, marriage certificate and copy of spouse ID card/home register. KL has not had any financial requirement but not everyone has received multi entry visas from them.

Thanks.

Is it worth it to email/contact the KL embassy beforehand.........am I likely to get a definite answer from them ?

I suppose if they don't give me the multiple I can always head down to Singapore, no big shakes.

Are there instances of people geing refused multiple O in KL recently ?

Edited by Kicker

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.

Is it worth it to email/contact the KL embassy beforehand.........am I likely to get a definite answer from them ?

I suppose if they don't give me the multiple I can always head down to Singapore, no big shakes.

Are there instances of people geing refused multiple O in KL recently ?

Next week I will be applying for a non-imm O in KL without the financial minimum; I am married to Thai wife with 2 kids with Thai passports and have previously received a 1 year non-imm multiple O then a 3 month single entry non-O. I have run out of tourist visa time.

Any experience that anybody has with any tips (what documents were required, how long does it take to get it, hotel recommendation near the Thai embassy, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Suspect you have run out of visa exempt entry as there is no limit on tourist visa entry. For non immigrant O visa have marriage certificate, birth certificates, signed/dated copies of spouse ID card and home register. A letter requesting that you be issued a multi entry visa signed by spouse might be helpful for some. There is really no financial requirement normally but some Consulates may look more favorably if something is presented.

I was in the Thai Embassy 2 hours ago in KL. Got refused a 1yr multi non immigrant B Visa as I didn't have a signiture from the labor dept, at the bottom of the last work permit stamp. Neither my lawyer or I new of this requirement. Got a 1 entry 90 day B Visa instead. Going back to Oz next time as no hassles there.

I would ring and get the requirements.

By the way they are native Malay's working in the office!

Singapore has been a sure bet if you have bank account with 400k and current statement, marriage certificate and copy of spouse ID card/home register. KL has not had any financial requirement but not everyone has received multi entry visas from them.
Suspect you have run out of visa exempt entry as there is no limit on tourist visa entry. For non immigrant O visa have marriage certificate, birth certificates, signed/dated copies of spouse ID card and home register. A letter requesting that you be issued a multi entry visa signed by spouse might be helpful for some. There is really no financial requirement normally but some Consulates may look more favorably if something is presented.

Lopburi3, would you please clarify for me for just my own curiosity:

In your first statement regarding Singapore you mentioned the requirements for a Non-O-Visa when married to a Thai. This does make sense to me.

In your second statement you repeated those requirements, but supplemented them with birth certificates. Here I do not understand whose birth certificates are you talking about and if Singapore

especially requires them. Thanks.

I am responding to the posters who ask the questions - the first poster my first answer fit - the other poster mentioned two kids so the birth certificates would be part of his package. They may not be required but if he mentions children they will almost surly be asked for so best to 'be prepared'.

Thanks a lot. I'll let the forum know how it turns out.