New 90 Online Reporting System In Suan Plu

1. We are talking about 90 day address reporting for those on one year extensions of stay from Immigration - not for 90 day visa entry (no reports required for those).

2. You can do your 90 day address report by mail to Bangkok if you live outside the city. You can also do them in person at the new airport hotel office or the one stop service center in Rasa Tower II next to Central Plaza, Latphao. Most local offices also seem to accept them these days.

It seems the rule of thumb for all types of visas is you need to present yourself at an official location at least once every three months. I am going out on a limb here, but I always assumed the puprose of this was to make it easy and relatively quick to catch wanted people. Why else would they give out visas valid for one or even five years yet you still have to produce yourself somewhere every 3 months? If my thinking is right, which it might not be, then online reporting would be just a pipe dream.
I believe the reason for the "InPerson" reporting is they have a requirement to report to your Embassy that you are still alive and well and living in Thailand. That is the reason for identifying you with your Passport. So you also have an option to report with the properly filled out form to a local police station. By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Bob

Bob 90 Day report does NOT cost 1000 Baht it is free!!

[quote name='cali' By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Bob

If 1000 baht for something free is not a problem for some, I wonder why the "nice lady" does not ask for more ?

How much is "Bob", and those alike, ready to pay for something free ?

[quote name='cali' By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Bob

If 1000 baht for something free is not a problem for some, I wonder why the "nice lady" does not ask for more ?

How much is "Bob", and those alike, ready to pay for something free ?

I smell a brige dweller

Just in case anybody reads down this far.

There is a walk-up window as Soi Suuanplu where you can pick up your 90 day reporting slip after reporting your address online. (I think the problem with going completely electronic, at least for now, is that they have to give you that receipt, and the government isn't going to pay the postage for it.)

90 Day address reporting entirely by mail is common. They don't need to see you. A notable exception is the Nong Khai office, which will only accept 90 day address notification if the visa holder comes in personally. The solution for Nong Khai area residents is to mail their reports to Bangkok.

It seems the rule of thumb for all types of visas is you need to present yourself at an official location at least once every three months. I am going out on a limb here, but I always assumed the puprose of this was to make it easy and relatively quick to catch wanted people. Why else would they give out visas valid for one or even five years yet you still have to produce yourself somewhere every 3 months? If my thinking is right, which it might not be, then online reporting would be just a pipe dream.
I believe the reason for the "InPerson" reporting is they have a requirement to report to your Embassy that you are still alive and well and living in Thailand. That is the reason for identifying you with your Passport. So you also have an option to report with the properly filled out form to a local police station. By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Bob

why pay ? this 90 day report is free.

[quote

By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Yes she must be a nice lady if you are slipping her a 1000 baht note for every 90 day report!!!

I think the thing that is exciting is that once the whole 90 day process is being done electronically, it is only a small step to when we can all go online and make our 90 reports! I know we all want this.

The man doing the computer input said that it was their intention, once the bugs have been worked out, for the system to be put online for us to input the data.

BB

[quote

By the way, I live in Surin, so I just drive 90 Km to Kop Choeng and give the nice lady my thousand baht and my passport...she stamps the Passport and gives me another appointment slip for 90 days later.

No Problem

Yes she must be a nice lady if you are slipping her a 1000 baht note for every 90 day report!!!

Hi

I too live in Surin and use the same method, but only give "the nice lady" a polite smile and respect. :D

Doing the above, only makes life even more difficult for your fellow Expats and perpetuates the corrupt attitudes amongst Thai Immigration & Police officers. :D:D:D:o

:D

Dave

Dumb system.

A waste of time and resources.

People on a year VISA, reporting every 90 days, that our status has not changed.

I've been there dozens of time telling them the exact same info EVERY TIME.

Wouldn't it be logical to report, only if my status changed?

Just in case anybody reads down this far.

There is a walk-up window as Soi Suuanplu where you can pick up your 90 day reporting slip after reporting your address online. (I think the problem with going completely electronic, at least for now, is that they have to give you that receipt, and the government isn't going to pay the postage for it.)

Can you give the web URL etc. for this? I didn't have any luck looking around on the immigration bureau website. I'm almost due for my first report (previously, I always ended up traveling before 90 days elapsed).

Alternatively does anybody know what specifically is needed for someone else (my wife) to do the report or pick up the receipt for me, since she will be in the vicinity of Suan Phlu and I won't? I don't see any details on the website or on TM47 as far as what supporting documents are required if I do not attend in person. I assume the pre-filled TM47 and my passport with entry card, but anything else? It ceases to be convenient if she gets turned away for insufficient documentation (a favorite Suan Phlu pastime it would seem).

Have her write a short not that you have directed her to act and sign it. I don't believe it will be asked for (there are agents presenting handfuls) but should cover a bad day.

The is an email system in place for re-entry permits - have not heard of it being used for 90 day reports (which only take a few seconds to process).

So I will STILL have to leave to leave the country every 90 days then since I’m only on a Non B visa. :o

Thanks for the clarification anyway.

If you are working in Thailand on a Non Immigrant "B" visa, why would you need to leave the country every 90 days?

If you work for a school, usually the school or agency arranges reporting details.

If not, go to Suan Phlu or nearest office and report as others do.

No pompem :D

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but I would be greatfull for some advice. Im on a retirement visa, I left Thailand and returned on May 08 prior to leaving Thailand I had a slip to say that I must do my 90 day report on May 23, do I report this day or do I report 90 days after my re entry date. Thanks.

Here's the online form for 90-day reporting from Pattaya Immigrations: http://www.pattaya-immigration.org/dform/form_tm47.php

Anybody want to be the guinea pig? I travel frequently enough that I have only had to do one 90-day report since I got my extension in Oct 2006.

The only (and very serious) part about this, is that I don't see where you get a receipt. Last week I was in BKK to report at Suan Plu. (I normally report in Nong Khai or Korat). The first thing they wanted to see was a receipt from the last notification. I didn't have it with me. They barked: "OK, 5,000 baht fine!" I went back to Korat and they also immediately asked for a receipt. Unless you have some kind of paperwork showing that you made your report the previous 90 days, you face a 5,000 fine.

Slightly off topic but I would be greatfull for some advice. Im on a retirement visa, I left Thailand and returned on May 08 prior to leaving Thailand I had a slip to say that I must do my 90 day report on May 23, do I report this day or do I report 90 days after my re entry date. Thanks.

Thanks Lopburi, once again your advice is very much appreciated.

The bottom of the TM47 form you fill out is a receipt labeled "For Official Use Only." They are supposed to complete this part of the form and tear it off and give it to you as proof you reported. If you go in person to report make sure you get your receipt. If you report by mail you are at the mercy of the gods if you get it or not. I have attached an example.

Here's the online form for 90-day reporting from Pattaya Immigrations: http://www.pattaya-immigration.org/dform/form_tm47.php

Anybody want to be the guinea pig? I travel frequently enough that I have only had to do one 90-day report since I got my extension in Oct 2006.

The only (and very serious) part about this, is that I don't see where you get a receipt. Last week I was in BKK to report at Suan Plu. (I normally report in Nong Khai or Korat). The first thing they wanted to see was a receipt from the last notification. I didn't have it with me. They barked: "OK, 5,000 baht fine!" I went back to Korat and they also immediately asked for a receipt. Unless you have some kind of paperwork showing that you made your report the previous 90 days, you face a 5,000 fine.

90_day_report_receipt.pdf