Tourist Visa

I would like to visit my Thai wife soon i am 38 and from the UK.

I would like some advice on the best Visa options for my visit.

As i am now married to a Thai, which Visa am i entitled to : Non imm marraige Visa or Tourist Visa Triple Entry?

(can i change status from Tourist Visa to an Non Imm Marraige Visa in Thailand)

Also when the Tourist Visa Triple Entry has been used up from border runs am i right in saying i cannot return to Thailand until 3 months is up.

Thank-you in advance for any input best regards Pomchob.

As i am now married to a Thai, which Visa am i entitled to : Non imm marraige Visa or Tourist Visa Triple Entry?

You are entitled to a non-immigrant visa classification “O”, purpose of visit: “visit family”

--

Maestro

The limits on being in Thailand are only for visa exempt entries. It is 90 days in a 6 month period. If you have a consulate/embassy issued visa it does not count towards this limit. Even if you reach you 90 day limit in your visa exempt entries, you can always come back into Thailand using a consulate/embassy issued visa.

You are entitled to a non-immigrant visa classification “O”, purpose of visit: “visit family”

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro ,Would the non-immigrant visa O be subject to my funds and work status etc?

Thanks for your advice :o

No. The triple-entry tourist visa is usually valid for 6 months from the date of issue. I believe the suggestion was that you should apply at an honorary Thai consulate for a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa type O. This will be valid for one year for an unlimited number of journeys to Thailand and on each arrival you will receive permission to stay for 90 days.

--

Maestro

The limits on being in Thailand are only for visa exempt entries. It is 90 days in a 6 month period. If you have a consulate/embassy issued visa it does not count towards this limit. Even if you reach you 90 day limit in your visa exempt entries, you can always come back into Thailand using a consulate/embassy issued visa.

jstumbo, thanks for your help, :o

No. The triple-entry tourist visa is usually valid for 6 months from the date of issue. I believe the suggestion was that you should apply at an honorary Thai consulate for a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa type O. This will be valid for one year for an unlimited number of journeys to Thailand and on each arrival you will receive permission to stay for 90 days.

--

Maestro

Hello Maestro, cheers for your help,The multiple-entry non-immigrant visa type O seems a very good

option for me thanks for taking time to give me the choices, all the best of luck from Pomchob :o

Yes you can get a single entry , good for 3 months or a multi entry , good for over a year.

Apply at the Hull Consulate by post.

Look here.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

Thanks lite beer so the triple entry Tourist visa can be used for one year i didn't realise that .

cheers :D

also thank-you for the Link :o

Yes the Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry will get you up to 15 months in total if you do a border run a day or two before it expires.

Yes the Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry will get you up to 15 months in total if you do a border run a day or two before it expires.

Just note that the date on the visa that says "enter before" is the date that you need to enter before, not enter on. So if it says enter before June 5th, you need to enter on June 4th or earlier, because they will not allow you to enter on June 5th.

Just note that the date on the visa that says "enter before" is the date that you need to enter before, not enter on. So if it says enter before June 5th, you need to enter on June 4th or earlier, because they will not allow you to enter on June 5th.

Thank-you all very much for the very good and detailed responses pointing me in the right directions on Types of Visa Options . :o Pomchob