Internet Cafe

Dear All,

I would like to know is it true that Police are asking bribe from internet cafe operators ???

There is a scenerio,

1) A friend Thai friend of mine who owns an internet cafe told me that he always pays the police who goes over to his cafe 5000baht every month...

The reason the police ask him it is because,they said in thai Law any place that have a gathering of 8 or more people at 1 place are considered Illigal gathering,

It is because he's internet cafe are full of student everyday and that he is doing good bussiness but he runs it legally letting student off before 10pm....

But as i know that Internet cafe is a publich place where people can come and go anytime they wants if they are using the Computer...

If its true then other Food and beverage cafe or massage paolour and internet cafe are paying bribe to police in order not to bring the owner to station ???

Ive heard in Television the the Prime Minister Thalsin are trying to Stop Bribery and if any officer are asking bribe the publick should called the minister office as soon as possible....

My concern is that what kind of law is this 8 or more people gathering in a shop using computer consider illigal????Rubbish...!!!!

i know only if there is 8 or more people in a public place doing some illegal things then it should be a problem..But internet cafe is runing legally with an internet Licence...

Please can any1 explain to me why some cafe are paying police bribe...

Regards,

Joe

I have not heard the gathering of 8 rule but I also now you dont argue with the boys in brown..

Could it be that his net cafe has 15 or so copies of windows XP installed without license ?? I know thats an issue for cafe owners using bent SW.. Thats why you will often see the OS license sticker on the front of the machine..

I almost had the same question about this, but adding up the gang/mob/mafia/triates or whatever you want to call them.

I've been told these people ask bribes too.

still not certain this is true or not.

About the police i know they ask bribes, but what rule theu apply i don't know.

The situation you describe does not sound unlikely.

There is no compatibility between the various laws.

I do find the one about 8 people a little far fetched.

How to the department stores manage, or even quite a small restaurant?

Thats what my thai freind told me ...until i ask him agin when was this happen he told me that it was 4 years ago where there are no regualtion on underage can be at cafe..SO there you go he was also running his cafe for 24hours and that to many people gathering at his place....

Well just a quick q...what happens if gansters ask for Protection money from My shop???what should i do ??? or Police man comming up and ask for bribe..can i open my cafe 24 hours ???

You talking internet cafe or restaurant? With restaurants (without music, dancing, live venues) you can be open 24 hours.

The Information and Communication Technology Ministry regulates Internet cafes and online game services. You have to obtain either a public internet service license or a online game services licenses. If its internet, you can be open 24 hours but with a online game service you must close at 10 p.m.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Many business owners simply pay for better service without being asked or hit up for protection money. It's a gratuity, often just a deposit in the favor bank. It's not terribly different from businesses in the west such as donut shops or diners allowing policemen to eat for free.

:o

Well just a quick q...what happens if gansters ask for Protection money from My shop???what should i do ??? or Police man comming up and ask for bribe..can i open my cafe 24 hours ???

For you're last question, see Sunbelts answer.

If you are running 100% legitime, no one can ask "tee money" of you.

Tell them to "bug off" or you will call the m.o.f.a.

In otherwise......find out you'rself.

:o