Ayutthaya Immigration Office

I'm looking for very specific driving directions to the immigration office in Ayutthaya. I will be coming in on the main highway from Lopburi.

After searching the forum I did find these directions from "Oswolf":

"If you're heading out from the centre of Ayutthaya towards Bangkok, turn right at the big chedi (towards Tesco Lotus by the back road), then take the first left. Look for some impressive gates just past the stadium and turn right. Follow the (private) road until you see a yellow building - about 300 metres - and you're there."

I think I can find the chedi (if it is the one I am thinking of), but would this mean I would need to do a u-turn and then turn left (since turning right on the main highway is not usually possible)??

Any clarification or further details would be greatly appreciated!

And does anyone have a phone number for the Ayutthaya office? Can't seem to find anything about this particular branch.

yeah...and has anyone applied for a non - imm 'O' visa extention (marriage) at this office with anything significant to report, ie. are they helpful, obstructive, etc...?

(niranut: I don't mean to hijack, just maybe get the complete lowdown in one go... :o )

Hi Niranut,

When you approach Ayutthaya from Lopburi there are two ways in which you could come in so it depends where you come into Ayutthaya,having driven that many times I am assuming you will come in past Rojana,anyway where you end up will be the same..

The main points to look for so you know you are on the right road is first a hospital on the left Rajthani Hospital and almost directly opposite is the new Ampo mall on the other side..once oyu are here then go straight on through the first set of traffice lights,once past these get into the inner lane as far left as you can go.You will then come to another set of traffic lights at which you turn left, you will then drive approximately 100 yards and the stadium Oswolf mentioned is on you left.there will be one left turn,small soi and then you enter into the stadium...

Hope this helps with geting there...

As to your visa questions.Ayutthaya Immigration are very pleasant if you compare them to Bangkok..I have found them to always be helpful,however they post everything to Bangkok so you will have to wait for it to return from Bangkok anyway..

I have recently dome my O visa and had no problems..if I can help anymore please PM me..

Nick

Many thanks for the clarification with the directions. We just returned from the Ayutthaya office, and were able to find it with relatively little confusion.

A few notes to add for anyone else who is heading that way:

The office is inside the actual stadium grounds (which wasn't clear to me before we left, but upon re-reading the instructions it is there...).

So just enter the stadium and head straight on back. The immigration office is in the Shooting Range Building (Akhan Sanam Ying Peun)-- sign for the building is in Thai. There is also a small yellow "Immigration" sign on the building as well, but not as easy to see.

I was doing a 1-year extension on my marriage visa. Staff was pleasant and helpful. We were the only ones in the office the entire time, arrived at about 1:00 p.m. and left about 45 minutes later.

Only missing documentation is that I need to get a copy of my file from Bangkok (since I extended in BKK last year), so have to wait for that. But no problems other than needing to get them that file within 30 days. Also was given the option to mail the file to the Ayutthaya office rather than making a special trip just to drop off documents. The Ayutthaya office will call me when they receive the documents and let me know when I can come in to finish the process. Appreciated this option, since it's about a 3-hour round trip to the Ayutthaya office. And also not necessary to go to BKK-- I can send someone else to pick up my file there. The Ayutthaya office gave me an official letter which I present at BKK immigration so they will release a copy of my file. Anyone with that letter can pick it up in BKK. Was not aware of this requirement, since this is the first time I've extended outside of BKK. So an FYI for those of you who extend at different offices from year to year. If you extend at a different location, you will need to get a copy of your file from wherever you extended the previous year.

So all in all, a good experience. No wait, and nice new air conditioners!

• 2 weeks later...

Niranut,

Glad you found it! I am sorry i did not explain more about where it was as there used to be a big sign as you entered the stadium,but I noticed yesterday that it was no longer there! had I known this I would have given more info..

Nick

• 9 months later...
you will then drive approximately 100 yards and the stadium Oswolf mentioned is on you left.there will be one left turn,small soi and then you enter into the stadium...

Sorry, my english is bad!

Thanks for the explanation how to get to the Immigration of Ayutthaya.

Now my question: Is the immigration in the building that we can see on the Google Map inscription Sports Stadium ?

Stadium in Ayutthaya

Salute Highway311

Edited by Highway311

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the deal is with the phone number there. I've had to call a few times, most recently was around the end of 2008. Someone picked up everytime, except once when it just rang forever. Haven't gotten a fax yet, but who knows...

And thanks for working out the location on the google maps-- it took me a while to get oriented, but what is marked there is definitely correct!

• 3 weeks later...

so is it definite that after 15feb09 with the new rules all the visa files have been transferred to the relevant juristictions e.g. if last extension was done in bkk, but reported address is nonthaburi then if one go to ayuthaya office on monday the file would be there or would it be a waste of time trying to comply with the new rules?

to complicate matters I'll need to 'restore' all my visa details from a stolen passport to a new passport & a pending 90day reporting all in 1 go (hopefully) - any complications to be expected?

Nothing is definite, and you cannot be sure whether your files have been transferred from one immigration office to another.

The office where you have to do your 90-day address report does not depend on where you got your last extension of stay but on where you live on the date you make the address report. The same goes for the transfer of stamps to a new passport.

--

Maestro

ok I did my 90day report (allowed in 'bkk' room, but should have been done at room 507? for metro/central provinces) & transfer of stolen stamps'n'extensions to new passport @ sun plu with few comments, but plenty of wasted time! didn't even bother to wait to restore multiple reentry as it seems I wont be needing it anymore on this extension soon to expire...

so apparently file is still there, but they did confirm I should go to Ayudthaya for next extension.

actually I did the report on the 91th day, but seemed to be fine as it should be as 90th day was a Sunday & offices closed - right?

well also I couldn't do the report until my stolen passport was replaced which was just in time - well could have done by mail if I have had the proper photo copies, but I didn't!

yeah asked for 'residence proof' as well & no questions asked just informed it may take up to 3weeks to arrive although a 50bt 'ems tip' was given.

all other 'services' free - cool!

Edited by worldfun

I took a drive from my home in Nonthaburi to see where the Ayuddhya immigration office is. Using the map provided by the Bangkok office, I had no problems finding it. Travel time about 45 minutes, about the same as going to Suan Plu. The Ayuddhya office has two large bright yellow signs at the entrance (to the sports center) in both English and Thai "Central Region Immigration Office". You take the sports center left hand entrance and go all the way to the back of the complex where there is a single storey building, again with bright yellow signs. I can't tell you the name of the road as I couldn't see any road name sign.

• 2 months later...

Whoever said the service at the Ayutthaya Immigration was good had it slightly wrong. It was great. After a letter from the university where I worked was finalized, walked in at 0915 AM and my new retirement visa was finished at about 0935 AM. Like some of the posts above, fast, clean, efficient, and great. I did have to pay 2K as I had not done my 90 day address thing for over 10 years but small price to pay. I was not sure of their English but they worked very well. Fortunately, I got in just ahead of the AIT rep who had about 10-15 passports. Can't say enough about how good they are.

Whoever said the service at the Ayutthaya Immigration was good had it slightly wrong. It was great. After a letter from the university where I worked was finalized, walked in at 0915 AM and my new retirement visa was finished at about 0935 AM. Like some of the posts above, fast, clean, efficient, and great. I did have to pay 2K as I had not done my 90 day address thing for over 10 years but small price to pay. I was not sure of their English but they worked very well. Fortunately, I got in just ahead of the AIT rep who had about 10-15 passports. Can't say enough about how good they are.

Why did you need a letter from the University where you work? You have a retirement Visa, so theoretically you should not be working in Thailand.

I actually get a letter from my University as proof of salary, for marriage visa.

Then go to the Embassy to get it certified, then use this for immigration.

I should also use Ayutthaya, but I go to the 5th floor at Suan Phlu

Whoever said the service at the Ayutthaya Immigration was good had it slightly wrong. It was great ... I was not sure of their English but they worked very well. Fortunately, I got in just ahead of the AIT rep who had about 10-15 passports. Can't say enough about how good they are.

In the past the office was great, but my experience earlier this month was very different. There was a long, long queue in front of me. I had to wait two hours before I could do my 90 day reporting. There were a couple of reps with enormous stacks of passports completely clogging up the system.

As for English, most of the officers have very limited English, but the boss is OK in this respect.

It's noticeable how the office has grown recently. There's now much more seating (though all the seats were already occupied when I arrived), and they've got a sort of receptionist to give you the right forms and give you a queue number. It's good that they're responding to the pressure of numbers are more people are using the office.

Ayutthaya Immigration Office

post-24697-1237023994_thumb.jpg

Building

Thank you for posting the map. I have now added it to the ThaiVisa map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...f4bfadc2499326d

The funny thing about this office is that it is not even on the list of the Immigration Bureau:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/downloads.ht...load&id=625

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=central

--

Maestro

• 3 weeks later...
Whoever said the service at the Ayutthaya Immigration was good had it slightly wrong. It was great ... I was not sure of their English but they worked very well. Fortunately, I got in just ahead of the AIT rep who had about 10-15 passports. Can't say enough about how good they are.

In the past the office was great, but my experience earlier this month was very different. There was a long, long queue in front of me. I had to wait two hours before I could do my 90 day reporting. There were a couple of reps with enormous stacks of passports completely clogging up the system.

As for English, most of the officers have very limited English, but the boss is OK in this respect.

It's noticeable how the office has grown recently. There's now much more seating (though all the seats were already occupied when I arrived), and they've got a sort of receptionist to give you the right forms and give you a queue number. It's good that they're responding to the pressure of numbers are more people are using the office.

Glad to read that the office seems to be a good one. Unfortunate you caught them when the reps were there swamping the office.

I live in Lopburi and now need to use the Ayutthaya office so I'll be going there soon to get my first one year extension to my retirement visa. This thread has been very helpful because the office is not listed on the official list! I hope that office will allow me to get my extension about 6 weeks before my visa expires (July 31). I will be going to the States for 4-6 weeks on about the 20th of this month (June). Anybody had an "early" extension from that office before? I'll try calling them tomorrow but I don't expect their english would be good enough to understand me.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend asks if it is possible to extend his tourist visa for another 30 days in Ayutthaya at immigration. We checked together on thaivisa and your site says you have to go to Suan Phlu immigration in Bangkok to do this.

Please advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited by ThaiEye

A friend asks if it is possible to extend his tourist visa for another 30 days in Ayutthaya at immigration. We checked together on thaivisa and your site says you have to go to Suan Phlu immigration in Bangkok to do this.

Please advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Depends really where you friend is staying. However, I would go to Suan Phlu and give them the address of a hotel in BKK, or a friends place in BKK

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Ayutthaya immigration this morning, easy to find using the directions in this thread, the stadium is well signposted anyway :)

I was expecting crowds after the 3 day holiday but the office had barely half a dozen customers. TV extension plus re-entry permit in just over an hour. In this instance there were so few people waiting that they weren't bothering with the hand-operated queueing system.

Note that if you want a re-entry permit you will need one photograph along with copies of your passport photo page, visa (or extension) and TM6 departure card. The office have photocopying facilities for a nominal fee (put 'what you like' in a tin).

A very friendly small office, note that the staff don't have strong English although the Boss Man speaks very well.

• 6 months later...

Hello to all, this is my first post :)

I went to the Ayutthaya Immigration office today to extend my non-O visa for 60 days. As described by the posts here I took all the documents and my wife. Few people there, arrived at 10:25 and the procedure was finished with a red stamp in my passport at 10:53. Staff very friendly and helpful. In my case a map showing the location of the house and photos of us outside and inside the house were not required.

Thanks to all the contributors providing driving instructions and explaining the details of the procedure. All went well and I am happy with the outcome and with ThaiVisa.com.

Thank you, hillshaveeyes, for registering as a member of ThaiVisa. Happy to hear that you are staying in Thailand for an extra 60 days. February promises to be an exciting month and you may want to keep abreast of the news by reading the “News clippings” forum on a regular basis if you have access to the Internet.

If you have any future questions about visas and extensions of stay, please do not hesitate to ask them here in the visa forum.

--

Maestro