O-a Visa Renewal - Extension

Hi

:o

Ii am currently retired in Thaland on an O-A visa that expired on October 23rd 2007

Royal Thai Consulate General, Houston Texas

It was a multiple entry visa.

By leaving the country on several occasions and a visit to Laos just before the expiration date I was given and extension

14 September 2008

I will apply for an extension to the visa when I return to Thailand from the states in early September

So here is the question...

So far I have not had to meet with anyone regarding the 800000 THB requirement.

I have an account with some money ... It has to be funded to the appriate amount

When do I have to have the funding complete. (3 months before the renewal date???)

How and when do I schedule an appointment with Thai immigration so I dont get into trouble here??

Thanks in advance for your assistance,.

Walt

The money has to be in a Thai bank 3 months before you apply.

Just turn up at any Immigration office as soon as you get back. No need for an appointment.

You will need a passport size photo and 1,900 Baht for the fee. Plus a letter from the bank stating the balance together with the bank book up to date and stating the same.

Edited by Lite Beer

Just turn up at any Immigration office as soon as you get back. No need for an appointment.

You will need a passport size photo and 1,900 Baht for the fee.

So then the money needs to be in the bank by June 14th -- Three months from my expiration date

Everyone agree with this based on the information

1. The money must be at or above 800k three months before application for extension of stay. Application should be made with 2-3 week remaining on your permitted to stay stamp.

2. You must obtain and use a re-entry permit to maintain your current permitted to stay until date.

You didn't say whether you have any pension income. If you do and can provide an embassy letter, the money in the Thai bank just needs to bring your total to 800K if your pension is under 800K, and can be put in the account the day before.

You will need a passport size photo and 1,900 Baht for the fee.

So then the money needs to be in the bank by June 14th -- Three months from my expiration date

Everyone agree with this based on the information

3 Months before you apply, which should be at least a week before your Visa runs out in case of any problems. Then you have a few days to sort it out.