Tiger's Wedding

penelope

so Tiger got married. a multi million dollar affair in the Bahamas. Given that half his family are thai(Punsawad family), were there any charter flights of thai people to the Bahamas recently ? or have they all emigrated to Thai Town Los Angeles by now :o

so Tiger got married. a multi million dollar affair in the Bahamas. Given that half his family are thai(Punsawad family), were there any charter flights of thai people to the Bahamas recently ? or have they all emigrated to Thai Town Los Angeles by now :o

Many years ago Charles Barkley convinced Tiger that the only ethnicity he should identify with is being a Black American. Tiger has long given up any sense of Thai identity it would seem to me.

so Tiger got married. a multi million dollar affair in the Bahamas. Given that half his family are thai(Punsawad family), were there any charter flights of thai people to the Bahamas recently ? or have they all emigrated to Thai Town Los Angeles by now :D

Many years ago Charles Barkley convinced Tiger that the only ethnicity he should identify with is being a Black American. Tiger has long given up any sense of Thai identity it would seem to me.

Must be sad to live with a mum who is Thai but he has to ignore all her root and culture. :o

Are you sure that's true? When he's asked about (admittedly on camera), he claims to be cablasian (or something), which is an amalgamation of his diverse roots. To be honest though, to me, he's just American - you can see it in him and I'm sure that's how he really just sees himself.

Oh and that's rubbish siamruby, no offence intended. You don't HAVE to ignore your roots at all, you only choose to. But perhaps you meant it was sad for his mother rather than him.

Tiger Woods was asked on Thai TV if he felt Thai or American.

His response, was that he was American and did not not feel Thai as his mother had been denied her birth rights of landownership and the vote for having married his father (that being the law then).

The interview was aired live, but that bit was removed during the later news broadcasts.

Many years ago Charles Barkley convinced Tiger that the only ethnicity he should identify with is being a Black American.

I don't think that is true, though I could be wrong. Can't imagine a level headed guy like him would listen to a head-case like CB.

At any rate, the tale of the tape doesn't lie. His Mom is full Thai and his Dad is hald Native American and half African American.

If algebra serves me right, that would make "Tigger" 1/2 Thai-descent, 1/4 American Indian-descent and 1/4 African-descent.

Pretty sure even he knows that.

Ethnicitys,hearsay and retoric aside, half his FAMILY are from this MOTHERS side. I would presume that at least the close realtives (aunts, uncles, cousins), would have received an invite, and knowing Tiger's wealth, possibly a charter flight ??

Tiger has abandoned his Thai Heritage I read a news article after going to Thailand to play Golf The Thai's treated him like a King and all he could say for an answer to a question what was bangkok like He said "very Dirty"

I use to do security where he lives and one day he came in and I said "Sawadee" to him All he said was "Hi"

don't think that is true, though I could be wrong. Can't imagine a level headed guy like him would listen to a head-case like CB.

At any rate, the tale of the tape doesn't lie. His Mom is full Thai and his Dad is hald Native American and half African American.

If algebra serves me right, that would make "Tigger" 1/2 Thai-descent, 1/4 American Indian-descent and 1/4 African-descent.

I remember seeing that there were eighths in it.

Maybe Mum only half Thai.

No that ain't right.

Must be his old man, not exactly 1/2 and 1/2.

Actually, maybe his Mum is 3/4 Thai and 1/4 Eskimo or something.

don't think that is true, though I could be wrong. Can't imagine a level headed guy like him would listen to a head-case like CB.

I remember seeing that there were eighths in it.

Maybe Mum only half Thai.

No that ain't right.

Must be his old man, not exactly 1/2 and 1/2.

Actually, maybe his Mum is 3/4 Thai and 1/4 Eskimo or something.

:D I work it out to be.

1/2 Thai

1/4 Native American

1/8 African

1/8 American

Dunno though :o

Why did he marry a lady falang?  Ting tong

You mean why marry a beautiful Swedish model? :D

This should answer the question...

elin_nordegren_1_468.jpg

:D

She is very nice and Tiger also, I use to work Security at where he lives and One night he came in and started talking to me :o I said Wow what's this all about, then she started to chime in We sat there for about 30 mins just talking to each other and it was nice. I also told him I was born in Thailand and part Farang also. He said Jokingly I'm Thai also. :D Oh really!!!! was my response.

I resigned from the job because the director of security decided he liked the job but didn't want to show up for work and I had some problems with another employee. But if these things didn't happen I would still be there.

I don't understand this discussion. American, Thai, Mexican whatever are nationalities not birth defects. To me, when someone says they are Mexican/American, Thai/American whatever I assume they have dual citizenship.

My children were born in Mexico to a Mexican mother and an American Father. They are Mexican/American becasue they have dual citizenship.. If I tell some of my Latino friends in Texas that my children are Mexican they can't understand how I can say that (and they ge3t a little upset at the insinuation)...even though these guys have never been to Mexico and call themselves Mexicans.

I doubt very seriously that Tiger denies his ancestral roots, however, with his mother still very much in his life.

:o Coffee!!! :D

I don't understand this discussion. American, Thai, Mexican whatever are nationalities not birth defects. To me, when someone says they are Mexican/American, Thai/American whatever I assume they have dual citizenship.

My children were born in Mexico to a Mexican mother and an American Father. They are Mexican/American becasue they have dual citizenship.. If I tell some of my Latino friends in Texas that my children are Mexican they can't understand how I can say that (and they ge3t a little upset at the insinuation)...even though these guys have never been to Mexico and call themselves Mexicans.

I doubt very seriously that Tiger denies his ancestral roots, however, with his mother still very much in his life.

Coffee Dude His parents are divorced and When i did security where he lived His mom didn't come in much except if he was playing golf nearby I have no idea how they keep in touch but she seemd very nice to me when she arrived the only time i saw her. Once

In the US people do this African American Asian American Latino American I thought we were Americans not labels.

Obviously, you are using the word "Mexican" to mean "Mexican nationality", while your friends use it to mean "Mexican ethnicity". Two very different things, of course.

While I one day may achieve Thai citizenship, I'd never be silly enough to call myself a Thai-American. I'd be a native-born American holding both US and Thai nationality.

The Thais also difference between "sanchart" (nationality) and "chuachart" (ethnicity). Naturalized citizens still maintain their original ethnicity (i.e., "Chinese", "Indian", etc.). Their subsequent generations (once they are born here), achieve Thai ethnicity in addition to nationality.

I don't understand this discussion.  American, Thai, Mexican whatever are nationalities not birth defects.  To me, when someone says they are Mexican/American, Thai/American whatever I assume they have dual citizenship. 

My children were born in Mexico to a Mexican mother and an American Father.  They are Mexican/American becasue they have dual citizenship.. If I tell some of my Latino friends in Texas that my children are Mexican they can't understand how I can say that (and they ge3t a little upset at the insinuation)...even though these guys have never been to Mexico and call themselves Mexicans.

:D Coffee!!! :D

Obviously, you are using the word "Mexican" to mean "Mexican nationality", while your friends use it to mean "Mexican ethnicity". Two very different things, of course.

While I one day may achieve Thai citizenship, I'd never be silly enough to call myself a Thai-American. I'd be a native-born American holding both US and Thai nationality.

The Thais also difference between "sanchart" (nationality) and "chuachart" (ethnicity). Naturalized citizens still maintain their original ethnicity (i.e., "Chinese", "Indian", etc.). Their subsequent generations (once they are born here), achieve Thai ethnicity in addition to nationality.

You "dickheads" are living too close to the edge with all this ethinic crap, get a life! Who gives a sh1t about all this, I for one sure as he11 get bored to read all this grade-school BS, crap about who is what and where they were born and what the % of who they are, and by the way, I don't give a sh1t who anyone guarded. :D If this is all you have to discuss please stand down as far as this member is concerned. :o