Weather Warning

OK, I agree that half of Samui's water is gone in one day of Songkran.

And I deny that:

If 20.000 peoples spend one cubicmeter each on Songkran this is not half of the several (5 or 6) millions of cubicmeter of freshwater Samui needs in one year.

OK, I agree that half of Samui's water is gone in one day of Songkran.

And I deny that:

If 20.000 peoples spend one cubicmeter each on Songkran this is not half of the several (5 or 6) millions of cubicmeter of freshwater Samui needs in one year.

ClaudeFeller,

Chill out man,Songkran is nothing on Samui compared to BK.Last year I spent 3 days hidden away as it was crazy over there and this year it was nice to see that during 11am - 5pm it was over and done with.The world has gone green mad over the last few years and anything that involves our natural resources are now being hijacked by the do gooders and being claimed as global warming and therfore no fun shall be had by anyone.

I enjoy Songkran as it is a tradition that belongs to the local people and in general it is treated well by the locals it is the tourists that go crazy with hose pipes and of course loads of booze. It is just a shame that the larger cities can't do Songkran like Samui did.

Shakedave

:o