Favourite Restaurants

The Vulcan

Thank you, i will try Best Bean Coffe if around there.

Sad to see how restaurants here they open and close so easily...

we felt in love two years ago with Grandma's Papaya Salad for the good food well priced... but they already closed... after a few month they open in the same place a new restaurant, we tryed but nothing special. Already closed again... :rolleyes:

Time ago we was used to go to Choom Talay... but also there last year we get very bad food...

We still like to go in You Yen, food is ok and they also start to offert a small selection of farang food from the next door cafè (owned by a very simpatic western guy).

Some time in Let's Sea (not too bad, very nice location if dont rain).

Never tryed Terrace 90 also if more than one told me they have very good desserts...

Passed in front of Mini Farm yesterday, looks nice and lot of positive reviews make me curious...

We like to cook ourself a lot so that sometimes we felt little disease spending a minimum of 1000 thb in two for to have a "ordinary" food... but for sure am me who am too much pretender ;)

:jap:

Edited by Ciocco

• 2 weeks later...

Good reasonably priced Thai (and some international) food:

Minifarm Kitchen on Soi 88 beside 7/11 just across the railroad tracks and turn right.

cut...

Went there yesterday,

good food, friendly service, well priced.

The menu is really huge,

Kao Pad Kung was good, same as Pla Nung Buoi and Tom Jeeb.

Most of plates are priced around 90-100 thb, 200 for soft crab portion.

We will return for sure,

ciocco

Hm, I'll give this 'coffee shop' a go.

I've been to only a few places in Khao Takiab....tried the Lost Cafe, the first time the food was great (green curry), but the second time I had only a coffee..the trouble was they'd given me the artificial stuff which tastes foul, so I put in some more real sugar but it was way too sweet by that point and undrinkable. I think the lesson is to look at what you're putting in your coffee before you do LOL.

Anyway there's another nice place in Takiab, not sure of the name in Thai but it's opposite Cicada market, and is a small Thai place. The steak there is not bad, 180 baht including French fries. But the spicy beef salad was amazing the first time I had it there.

Agree with the comments about Grandma's papaya salad restaurant, used to go there all the time, then it changed to Cool Kitchen, then closed down.

TNT bar just started doing roast dinners again - very nice indeed!

• 2 months later...

The one place that sticks out in my mind is the Isaan place on Phetkasem ~100 yards before Market Village on the left (if you approach from the South).

Great place called something like Sam Tam Yok Croc, really great selection of food! Try the Larb cakes!

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the thread is old, most of the restaurants mentioned (because they are good) are still in operation. The Fish and Chip shop that I mentioned on an earlier page is gone and I don't believe Kiss Tro is still running in Takiab. A couple of the Swedish restaurants I used to go to have closed. Other than that, most of the places I eat are already mentioned on the thread.

I know a lot of new places have opened, especially in Takiab and on Nebkahardt road. It would be nice to hear if there's any new ones that are good.

My favorites are (still) from south to north:

- Usa Mas (small Thai place in south Takiab)

- Supatra (Royal Thai on the beach in Takiab, expensive but worth it for special occasions)

- Best Beans Coffee (drinks, salads, sandwiches/burgers near Cicada market in Takiab)

- Tamarind (Thai garden restaurant under the flyover between the canal and the RR tracks)

- North Sea (Thai and Vietnamese on Phetkasem road, east side a bit before the flyover)

- Sakura (Sushi and other Japanese food on soi 94)

- The Indian restaurant near the beginning of Soi 94 (can't remember the name)

- Oy's on Soi 94 (Thai and western, but I only go there for the pork fillet in pepper sauce)

- The Italian place next door to Sakura on Soi 94 (again, can't remember the name at the moment)

- Terrace 90 on Soi 90 (Everything, including American, Mexican, Italian and other European as well as Thai food)

- Fuji Japanese in the mall

- Mini Farm on Soi 88 (mostly Thai food)

- Nata's on Soi 88 (Thai and Western)

- The Palm Bistro (Just off Soi 88 associated with a development (mostly English food, but some other)

- Naab Thong on Soi 88, out near the end of the road (Thai and some western food)

- Seb Neur along the railroad tracks south of the station (Issan style Thai food)

- Sirin Hotel Restaurant across the parking lot from McDonalds downtown

- Delize Italian on Sa Song road

- Cool Relax on Sa Song road (Thai and western)

- Mr Burger on the canal road (Thai and western)

- Kor Sor (resort up near the end of Soi 6 (Royal Thai and some western)

That's the list of the ones we currently frequent that I can think of, but I'm always interested to hear about new ones.

• Thanks 1

Few More

Cool Breeze is a new Tapas restaurant just before Brasseire de Paris, lovely food and good value - bagutues are great.

Swiss restaurant just beside Col Breeze, great quality food, not cheap though.

Robertos on the corner of the Hilton road does great Pizza.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Following some good advice from previous posts the wife and I had Sunday lunch at the Palm Bistro yesterday. Not the easiest place to find and more signs needed on Soi 88 but the effort was certainly worth it. Rare roast beef and succulent pork with crispy crackling was the choice for main course and both were cooked to perfection by a professional chef that obviously knew what he was doing, the sides included crispy roast potatoes, mashed potatoes with leek, cauliflower with a cheese sauce, carrots, cabbage and a huge Yorkshire pupping, I believe the chef is from that county. The condiments included homemade apple sauce and what looked like homemade horseradish sauce and a good helping of gravy which for my taste could have been a little thicker. By far the best roast dinner I have eaten in Thailand, with two lunches, two large glasses of red wine, a beer and a water the bill came to B1000 with tip, great value and will definitely be back.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

>- The Indian restaurant near the beginning of Soi 94 (can't remember the name)

S&S [something]

>- The Italian place next door to Sakura on Soi 94 (again, can't remember the name at the moment)

Closed. Space is now a Russian restaurant

Have a Seat is new on Soi 94. About 50 meters past Sakura, same side. Thai and European. Good stuff.

There is no doubt, some restaurants in the Thao Takiab area offer delicious Thai seafood .

If you like German food and beer try the “(2) Rouladen mit Rotkohl und Knoedeln”

= 2 beef-roulades with red cabbage and (German) dumplings - self made!.

Excellent taste; price below 300 THB. Eating there remembered me the old days when ma and grandma cooked it.

Google:

Old Germany Hua Hin

(23 Naresdamri Road Hua Hin)

It’s between Soi 55 and 57 on the beach road

Below „Restaurant“ -> „deutsche Kueche“ you‘ll see a genuine photo.

They speak English, Thai and German.

Edited by puck2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found a great place that had really good food, i have tried there steak and was best steak i had and was only 129 bt for th small one and it was quite small but was so soft and was worth double.....burgers were also good and found out they are home made and were great for just 99bt.

Thai food was also very good so i can highly recommend this place.

It was called Kiss food and was located near my hotel: Grand hotel and restaurant was next to thai boxing staduim and overlooks the grand night market...you can sit outside and relax at there european alfresco style restaurant..i also see can sit in air con inside....it was very busy so guess most Hua Hin people know it is very good already .im on holiday but ate there many times already and havent found better yet

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even though the thread is old, most of the restaurants mentioned (because they are good) are still in operation. The Fish and Chip shop that I mentioned on an earlier page is gone and I don't believe Kiss Tro is still running in Takiab. A couple of the Swedish restaurants I used to go to have closed. Other than that, most of the places I eat are already mentioned on the thread.

I know a lot of new places have opened, especially in Takiab and on Nebkahardt road. It would be nice to hear if there's any new ones that are good.

My favorites are (still) from south to north:

- Usa Mas (small Thai place in south Takiab)

- Supatra (Royal Thai on the beach in Takiab, expensive but worth it for special occasions)

- Best Beans Coffee (drinks, salads, sandwiches/burgers near Cicada market in Takiab)

- Tamarind (Thai garden restaurant under the flyover between the canal and the RR tracks)

- North Sea (Thai and Vietnamese on Phetkasem road, east side a bit before the flyover)

- Sakura (Sushi and other Japanese food on soi 94)

- The Indian restaurant near the beginning of Soi 94 (can't remember the name)

- Oy's on Soi 94 (Thai and western, but I only go there for the pork fillet in pepper sauce)

- The Italian place next door to Sakura on Soi 94 (again, can't remember the name at the moment)

- Terrace 90 on Soi 90 (Everything, including American, Mexican, Italian and other European as well as Thai food)

- Fuji Japanese in the mall

- Mini Farm on Soi 88 (mostly Thai food)

- Nata's on Soi 88 (Thai and Western)

- The Palm Bistro (Just off Soi 88 associated with a development (mostly English food, but some other)

- Naab Thong on Soi 88, out near the end of the road (Thai and some western food)

- Seb Neur along the railroad tracks south of the station (Issan style Thai food)

- Sirin Hotel Restaurant across the parking lot from McDonalds downtown

- Delize Italian on Sa Song road

- Cool Relax on Sa Song road (Thai and western)

- Mr Burger on the canal road (Thai and western)

- Kor Sor (resort up near the end of Soi 6 (Royal Thai and some western)

That's the list of the ones we currently frequent that I can think of, but I'm always interested to hear about new ones.

Try "All In Hua Hin", you can google it. Very nice.

Agree with the comments about Grandma's papaya salad restaurant, used to go there all the time, then it changed to Cool Kitchen, then closed down.

The lady who owned and operated Grandma's Papaya Salad (Tik) when it was good has opened a new place (about 3 months ago) on Soi 112. It's on the left side a little over a kilometer up from Petchkasem road and it's called "Tiks". It's an open air Thai style place and she has both Issan food and some western food on the menu, and still some of the best Somtam (papaya salad) around in several varieties. Very cheap and good food.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Tried a new restaurant (to me) a couple of nights ago and was really impressed with the food, ambiance, and value. It is the restaurant located within the Smor Resort and Spa in Takiab.

The restaurant is open air, directly adjacent to the beach with the romantic setting of much more expensive places and within close sight of Takiab mountain and the golden standing Buddha.

As a disclaimer, I'll admit that I don't know Indian food well but I tried a couple of the Indian dishes and they seemed excellent to me as well as the nan bread (I've been to S&S and I think this is better). The price for most Indian dishes was around 150 baht and they also have a separate Thai menu. The friend who took me there says he takes his Thai wife there and she says the Thai dishes are excellent as well (priced between 80 and 120 baht).

It is only open for dinner from 6 p.m. onwards and the Indian food is not available on Sundays (Indian cooks day off) but the Thai food is available seven days a week and the last page of the Thai menu has some western food like salads, sandwiches, and pasta.

I was very impressed at the overall value for the price of this place and recommend you give it a try. Drive into downtown headed south and look for the "Smor" sign on the left on a surfboard planted in the ground. Turn into the driveway after the sign and follow it to the resort where you will make a left and park on the edge of their gravel road. You will see a walkway opening in the wall going directly into the open air restaurant by the sea.

• Thanks 1

The lady who owned and operated Grandma's Papaya Salad (Tik) when it was good has opened a new place (about 3 months ago) on Soi 112. It's on the left side a little over a kilometer up from Petchkasem road and it's called "Tiks". It's an open air Thai style place and she has both Issan food and some western food on the menu, and still some of the best Somtam (papaya salad) around in several varieties. Very cheap and good food.

This is a great news for me who am just come back...!!!

Hope Khun Tik still there, we'll go to try asap!

clap2.gifwai.gif

I tried another new restaurant yesterday and have to highly recommend it based on the service and quality of the food we got for the price. It is called The Dutchman and has been open about a month on the road by the railroad just south of the train station but on the opposite side. They have western and Thai food and both the food and service were excellent.

I had the chicken quatro which was a chicken breast stuffed with spinach and ham and the baked with a breading coat on the outside with a cream sauce that was delicious. It came with good mashed potatoes and a small salad, all for 140 baht. My friend had what was called the pork fillet mignon which was a pork fillet wrapped in bacon exactly like a beef fillet mignon. His was the daily special (they have a different one every day) and came with fries and a small salad for 120 baht. They gave us a free sample of spinach soup and it was also delicious.

If they leave the prices alone and keep up this quality of food and service it will be one of my regular places to eat. The only thing bad I can say about it is that it is next to that busy street and being open air, was very noisy. Other than that one niggle the dining experience was perfect and I highly recommend you give it a try (and highly recommend the chicken quatro). They have a website under the name of the restaurant (do a google search along with "hua hin") that has the entire menu with prices and the daily specials for about a month going forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday evening we step inside Mondo Vino (22/65 Neab Kaehat Road, next to Putcharacsa Resort).

Our intention it was to eat something drinking a few glasses of wine, or a bottle.

They show advertise for pizza outside, and a small menu of about 20 courses.

Once sitted they bring us the menu and the wine list.

Wine list it's really nice with a lot of wine also by glass.

My wife asked for a pizza, the waitress was sorry, pizza was not available...

She look again the menu, and she ask for a Capri sandwic (with mozzarella and tomatoes)... once again they was sorry... no sandwices available...

I look at her little laughting... asking "so... what do you have of this list?"

They told us they can just offer cold cuts...

I say to my wife we leave, coming back may be on a next time they can serve little more of the list they provide...

The waitress likes to remark to us that theyr customers go there for to drink, not for to eat...

I leave her noting i think it's really silly to write down a lot (?) of voices on a menu if you don't have... and could be more professional to say immediately what is not available...

I'm really always surprised by how they manage the business here...

The place is pretty nice, but working in this way is not too difficult to understand why they are always empty...

There is plenty of italian/european foods you can serve with wines, easy to prepare and to manage... not just salami and cold cuts...

The day they will learn, probably it will be too late...

Avoid this place if you can,

wai.gif

ps

not being addicted into go so far we crossed the street going in Oceanside, as usual a very nice and good place to stay.

For sure not cheap, but managed by professional people.

We tried the new restaurant Dacha on Soi 94 next door to Sakura. Everything was good. Actually that's place with Italian and Russian cuisine. The owner/chef Konstantin and his wife are Russians and this is family-owned place. We spoke with them and they are very positive, hospitable and kindly hosts. He worked in Italian restaurants in Moscow and now cook everything by himself. Russian menu is not big just two pages. Quite good assortment of pizza and pasta. We had a 4 Seasons pizza, salmon salad, papardelle with Italian sausages and risotto with truffle paste and asparagus. All of them was perfect. They open from 3pm till 10 or 11 pm everyday. Before there was Italian place but was sold up 10 months ago. In my humble opinion the food and atmosphere now is much better.

• Thanks 1

We tried the new restaurant Dacha on Soi 94 next door to Sakura. Everything was good. Actually that's place with Italian and Russian cuisine. The owner/chef Konstantin and his wife are Russians and this is family-owned place. We spoke with them and they are very positive, hospitable and kindly hosts. He worked in Italian restaurants in Moscow and now cook everything by himself. Russian menu is not big just two pages. Quite good assortment of pizza and pasta. We had a 4 Seasons pizza, salmon salad, papardelle with Italian sausages and risotto with truffle paste and asparagus. All of them was perfect. They open from 3pm till 10 or 11 pm everyday. Before there was Italian place but was sold up 10 months ago. In my humble opinion the food and atmosphere now is much better.

What was the approximate cost of a meal like that for two people?

What was the approximate cost of a meal like that for two people?

Starters, main course and one litter of house wine was aprox 1800.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another new restaurant on Soi 94 opened Wednesday. We tried the new Hua Hin 94 Restaurant yesterday and in the value for the baht category it is very good. It's open air and has a very large comprehensive menu with about a dozen pages of Thai food followed by about the same number of pages of western food including western breakfasts starting at under 100 baht. We were there for lunch and had a pork fillet and a sausage plate, each included a small salad and side of potatoes both priced at about 100 baht. Each western meat dish comes with a choice of sauces and type of potatoes. Thai beers started at 50b (small) and 75 baht (large). The food was very good at this price point and I can see it being very popular once people discover the value. The western food included breakfasts, a page of appetizers and snacks, a variety of sandwiches and salads, and main dishes including pork, steaks, sausages, as well as a couple of pages of Italian food with both pastas (including several lasagnes) and even a page of pizza in several varieties. It is just west of the railroad tracks on the south side of the road beside the Sakura Japanese restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Seaview Restaurant up on Khao Takiab? I am thinking of trying it out next time my family and I visit Hua Hin. I have read a good report, but I'd appreciate a comment from someone who has visited recently. We tried the beach front restaurant at the furthest point at the end of Hua Hin beach and we were disappointed at the quality of the food, the poor service and hygiene.