So How Is That Tot Connection Coming Along?

mouse

Go ahead and rub it in!

Last Result:

Download Speed: 182 kbps (22.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 39 kbps (4.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

This is the first time I tested with Mandriva and Firefox using AIS GPRS. It's acceptable MOST of the time.

Edited by Gary A

Mouse, which package is this ....?

Commercial package for the company rated to be 2MB down and 1 MB up. I hope that other continue to quit in droves. Every time they do my speed increases!! I have had days when I get 5MB down.

It's amazing how my TOT ADSL connection speed deteriorates as the day goes on. At 7:30 AM this morning, I got the following:

Download Speed: 1771 kbps Bangkok

Upload Speed: 373 kbps

Download Speed: 1671 kbps San Francisco

Upload Speed: 362 kbps

As you can see, my international connection speed pretty much matched my domestic connection speed. Now, look at my connection speed at 10:30 AM, only 3 hours later:

Download Speed: 1560 kbps Bangkok

Upload Speed: 292 kbps

Download Speed: 114 kbps San Franscisco

Upload Speed: 34 kbps

As you can see, my international connection speed was almost non-existent. The international bandwidth already oversaturated and consumed. Even though I had good international bandwidth connection earlier this morning, I still couldn't view any Youtube videos on my computer although I was able to download some Youtube videos.

• 2 weeks later...
They told me in the TOT-Office Rayong the international connection is only supported with the 1 MB line, it would not help (don't get faster) if I upgrade to 1,5 or 2 MB line. Is this true?

Eugengeri Hi, I am in Rayong too. How is the speed of your 1 MB line? Is it fast and consistent?

They told me in the TOT-Office Rayong the international connection is only supported with the 1 MB line, it would not help (don't get faster) if I upgrade to 1,5 or 2 MB line. Is this true?

Eugengeri Hi, I am in Rayong too. How is the speed of your 1 MB line? Is it fast and consistent?

so here are my results, just changed apartments and actually i cant believe the speed i am getting - it must be a fluke.

269584183.png[/url][/img]

during nfl/cfl season i can never get over 300kbps. so will see how long this lasts

i just spoke to tot and they say they have business service available with or without fixed IP's

rates are: 1 mb 2700/month, 1.5 mb 3500/mnth, 2 mb 4500/mnth, and on up

has anyone used this service? does it actually give you faster speed outside the kingdom?

Just getting this back on the front page.

Is there no one that uses the TOT business service?? I guess that means either it is really good (no one knows about it) or it really sucks for the $$$

so here are my results, just changed apartments and actually i cant believe the speed i am getting - it must be a fluke.

269584183.png[/url][/img]

during nfl/cfl season i can never get over 300kbps. so will see how long this lasts

i just spoke to tot and they say they have business service available with or without fixed IP's

rates are: 1 mb 2700/month, 1.5 mb 3500/mnth, 2 mb 4500/mnth, and on up

has anyone used this service? does it actually give you faster speed outside the kingdom?

On that test I got 1781 kb/s download and 414 kb/s upload. Location: Bangkok. The ping was 135 ms. Distance<50mi.

I pay 400 baht a months for my connection. It is a shared connection in the building. I always get around those figures. Is it a good deal or do I pay to much?

269598484.png

This is the office computer though (and it's half term so nobody is around).

I have no problems with the speed but how about reliability. My TOT goldyber connection in Chiang mai is a disgrace.

Unable to run any application which provides constant data streaming like stock trading applications for any period of time without interuption.

I am going to switch ISP but to who?

Any suggestions for Chiangmai?

=======================================================================

On that test I got 1781 kb/s download and 414 kb/s upload. Location: Bangkok. The ping was 135 ms. Distance<50mi.

I pay 400 baht a months for my connection. It is a shared connection in the building. I always get around those figures. Is it a good deal or do I pay to much?

=======================================================================

Almost everybody get that ..... these figures are irrelevant .... test the servers outside thailand ..... Like LA or London.

A - Why do you even bother posting speeds to Bangkok? Are there any servers inside Thailand I should know about? Please post international speeds if at all. Thanks.

B - I tried TOT business for a month, it was not faster or slower than my previous consumer package but cost 2500 instead of 1000. What was worse it went out every half an hour (also like my consumer connection) and the "service" team was the exact same two old telecoms guys who clearly have no clue what to do. They come, shrug, leave. They don't even know how to access my router and check the noise ratio (I am not exaggerating - they just don't know). I don't blame them, really - they were supposed to lay cables for phone lines. I blame TOT for not hiring someone who maybe knows a thing or two about DSL...