Need A Quick Pick For Your Choice Of Best Free Online Virus Scan

ozymandious

My wife's computer has AVG on it. All current and Scans allright.

I took her thumb drive to the photo shop to make some prints that she put on there and the photo shop's NOD32 caught some Autorun trojens on it.

What is your choice for best free online virus scan.

Aslo i may throw the trial of Nod322 on it to clean it up or swap out AVG for Avast!

A very similar story happened to me recently.

I have Avast! (free) installed on my laptop. I had some files that a friend wanted so he gave me his 1 GB flashdrive to do the file transfer. For some reason, I decided to do a guick virus scan of his drive. Within 10 seconds, Avast reported the first of three (3) Worm.Win32.Autorun infections on it. I showed him the Avast alerts and to say he was shocked would be an understatement. I asked him what anti-virus that he had installed on his PC and he replied that he uses AVG, keeps it updated, and that it had never alerted to any files on his flashdrive.

Guest Reimar

Online Anti Virus Scan means that your computer needs to run and connected to the Internet on the time of scanning. That also means that Windows is widly open!

I would suggest to use an program which scans your computer without to be online or even run Windows in full mode. I would like to run Windows in safe Mode during scanning.

The only antivirus software I know can do that is CureIt which you can free download from http://www.freedrweb.com and you need at all times you need to use ist again later, download new because you can't update. This program is done exactly for to scan the computer even in Safe Mode.

It has helped me once to clean up an system no one else was able to do and has helped me later on many times to clean up system.

Cheers.

Edited by Reimar
spelling

Please try the new version of AVG 8.0 .

Its runs even smoother on the computer and it stays in the background during the updates.

I have used AVG for 5 years and never had any serious virus problems.

Possibly you get what you pay for ... There again Naka is no expert ... He just

knows that you get nothing for nothing and very little for sixpence. :o

Anyway, all the freebie providers also sell their (better ?) products ... Why would they give out

their quality stuff for free ? A one month 'teaser' perhaps ... But never free.

Naka.

Edited by naka