Standard Of Servants Getting Worse

Sir Burr

I had to fire my gardener today. This is the fourth man I've had in less than a year. He gets half an hour for lunch, yet, he usually takes 45 minutes to an hour. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. An hour and a half lunch break is just not on.

Does anybody know of any good gardeners?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to fire my gardener today. This is the fourth man I've had in less than a year. He gets half an hour for lunch, yet, he usually takes 45 minutes to an hour. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. An hour and a half lunch break is just not on.

Do it lazy blotty self.

PS:

Reckon these posts are tongue in the cheek.

I think this guy is having great laffs at our expense.

Stirring, and loving it, clever guy.......LOL

Bet he sits back chortling over his CHANG............

Calls us simpletons, no doubt.

No, I'm serious. I need a gardener.

I would like nothing better than to do it myself zpete, but, my health and more specifically, my artheritis won't allow me to and my wife is far to busy working at an internationally recognised company, here in Phuket.

The point is how does your garden look?

Do you really time his lunch? What a bean counter you are.

True you are just bored and stirring.

LiveSteam

The garden looks lovely after all this rain, but, this is the time you really need to give attention to it.

With regard to the gardener that I have just fired, when I hired him, I specified how many hours he would work each day. It was his choice to take a short lunch break because this would mean he could leave earlier.

In my book, a deal is a deal. If you can't keep your word, then I have no further use for you.

He used to over prune my roses, anyway, so, no loss. Though I do need a replacement.

Yes I know some very good gardeners

I think you should change the Title not to include SERVENT..... this is not the 1960's

Also how big is you garden to have a full time gardener? ...... TIT, you should understand lunch breaks sometimes do go over, especially for manual workers!

but if you are having promblems, hire a contractor gardener who will come for 2 - 3 hours a day

I think you should change the Title not to include SERVENT..... this is not the 1960's

Also how big is you garden to have a full time gardener? ...... TIT, you should understand lunch breaks sometimes do go over, especially for manual workers!

but if you are having promblems, hire a contractor gardener who will come for 2 - 3 hours a day

I've got a great gardener. I've had him for over two years and he works hard.  If I didn't have him full time I'd loan him to ya SB.

Section 27. On a day on which work is performed, the boss shall arrange for the employee to have a rest period of not less than one hour per day during the work after the employee has been working for not more than five consecutive hours. The boss and the employee may agree in advance that a rest period shall be less than one hour but, when combined together, there must not be less than one hour of rest in each work day.

LABOUR PROTECTION ACT OF 1998

I believe that the standard of servants depends on the standard of masters.

post-59607-1209806402.gif To expensive you say? I thought you was the the one with all the money?.

Thai workers get an average pay of between 7 to 10 K per month. In English terms £100 to £150. So in your case servants is not the correct term, I think you mean a slave?

Ted.

Frankly, I'm disappointed by the response. I was hoping someone would have supplied a contact number by now.

I will have to ask the maid if she knows a good gardener, though, I'll have to wait until the wife gets home because the maid's English is deplorable and I don't speak the lingo.

Frankly, I'm disappointed by the response. I was hoping someone would have supplied a contact number by now.

I will have to ask the maid if she knows a good gardener, though, I'll have to wait until the wife gets home because the maid's English is deplorable and I don't speak the lingo.

The wife is away.

Your maid is there.

Ya fired the gardener.

All explained now.......

:o ............. :D ............. :D

The wife is away.

Your maid is there.

Ya fired the gardener.

All explained now.......

The gardener is the maids husband.

post-59607-1209807415_thumb.jpg

How would you know?

Actually, he isn't. The maid is in her early thirties and the ex-gardener was in his mid-sixties.

The maid's husband picks her up after work every day on his motorbike, so, I know what he looks like.

The gardening companies are far too expensive. Hiring a gardener is far cheaper.

[We should] discourage long stayers with very little means.

Sir Blurr in How To Attract The Right Type Of Tourist / Resident, and discourage balloon chasers (2008-05-02)

How would you know?

Actually, he isn't. The maid is in her early thirties and the ex-gardener was in his mid-sixties.

The maid's husband picks her up after work every day on his motorbike, so, I know what he looks like.

I am getting addicted, just sitting here watching Super 14, and pzzzn meself laffin' reading these two threads.

SB, you would be a great straight man, in a comedy show.

Keep it up, SB, ya doing swell feeding us with lines like that......... PMPL

:o .......... :D .......... :D .......... :D ....... :D

kofffff.....choke I am left breathless...... pant.......priceless comedy.

Edited by Zpete

You meant your Thai is deporable. :o

The wife is away.

Your maid is there.

Ya fired the gardener.

All explained now.......

I hope your not suggesting what I think you're suggesting. That's very rude.

Is this guy for real ?

Put out few balloons and throw a few nasty mystery bags on the barbie and the riff raff will come a running ! Then tell em there is a carton of Singha in the long grass and you'll have the place tidied up in no time. And when it is all done just let out the dobermans for a little sport. That'll move the rotters on !

Love ya work, Burr old bean.

The wife is away.

Your maid is there.

Ya fired the gardener.

All explained now.......

The gardener is the maids husband.

How would you know?

Yeah, he's not real ! Just here to stir ! :D

The wife is away.

Your maid is there.

Ya fired the gardener.

All explained now.......

I hope your not suggesting what I think you're suggesting. That's very rude.

Is this guy for real ?

Reckon he could write his own salary cheque at BBC as script writer for comedy shows.

Edited by Zpete

Let me put it another way.

The price the gardening companies charge is outrageous, mainly because the company takes the lion's share of the money.

If I hire an individual, not only is it a lot cheaper for me, but, the gardener gets the whole lot, which is a lot more than the poor gardener that works for the company.

But, and this is a big but; I'm only willing to hire a gardener that is hard working and knows his business. My hibiscuses and roses are my pride and joy and I wouldn't let just anybody with a pair of secateurs loose on them.

Mr. Sir Buur

i have a very good gardner, he can come when he wants to i dont care as long my garden looks nice, but i would never let you get him, dont think you are a nice person.

That's very mean spirited of you.

Didn't you say you have tattoos.......?

The point is how does your garden look?

Do you really time his lunch? What a bean counter you are.

True you are just bored and stirring.

LiveSteam

The garden looks lovely after all this rain, but, this is the time you really need to give attention to it.

With regard to the gardener that I have just fired, when I hired him, I specified how many hours he would work each day. It was his choice to take a short lunch break because this would mean he could leave earlier.

In my book, a deal is a deal. If you can't keep your word, then I have no further use for you.

He used to over prune my roses, anyway, so, no loss. Though I do need a replacement.

You're in Thailand. Your gonna make alot of enemies.

Why am I replying to this jerk?...I'm an idiot.