How To Scare The Crap Out Of Your Tg

stevehaigh

It turns out that a thai girls mortal enemy is the dreaded bling. bling is a leech, but the pling i am refering to is a bling teelay, better known by farangs as the harmless sea cucumber. thai's apparently think sea cucumbers are giant sea leeches and climb to the top of the nearest mountain to get as far away from them as possible, the reaction is quite amazing!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even gheckos give em a twist, never mind a snake. Watch a bunch of Thai TV and it amazes me how supposed intellegent people are afraid of something so harmless as a ghecko. Oh sure, it can bite but dammm, it's not a crocodile. I get the impression they think it ( the ghecko) will kill them. :o

Can’t say I have ever seen a Thai react that way, but I treasure the memory of a Dinner many years ago in Songkhla.

We were hosting local Thai Dealers to introduce the newly appointed, American, Marketing Manager for Thailand of a major International Consumer Goods Company, the venue was a really good local Chinese restaurant – there were over 100 of our major Southern Distributors present.

Before tasting any dish the new Marketing Manager insisted on asking what it was ……… and unfortunately when the Chinese delicacy “Pling Talay Ob Mor Din” was put on the table he was given the translation “Sea Slug”.

Even after 30 years his reaction is a source of great hilarity when I visit many of these old friends in Southern Thailand.

Even gheckos give em a twist, never mind a snake. Watch a bunch of Thai TV and it amazes me how supposed intellegent people are afraid of something so harmless as a ghecko. Oh sure, it can bite but dammm, it's not a crocodile. I get the impression they think it ( the ghecko) will kill them. :o

My wife is happy enough with the geckos but the next size up (sounds like tuk kay) makes her move faster than anybody I have ever seen.

We just saw one last week and the guy who works for us killed it with a sharp stick and the wife was laughing about it afterwards, untilshe saw another.

You would think that the banks were offering free money the speed she was moving at.

Oddly enough snakes don't bother her so much.

Me and snakes face each other, turn 180 degress and smartly bugger off in the opposite direction fairly quickly. :D

If you really want to scare the crap out of the missus then tell her to look at the 2 pictures and see how many differences she can spot. Be warned you might get a slap. This is from a previous thread on the joke forum. Just click on the link. tell her to look very closely.

http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/zoeken.html

Its worth the slap.To see her face. Honest!

If you really want to scare the crap out of the missus then tell her to look at the 2 pictures and see how many differences she can spot. Be warned you might get a slap. This is from a previous thread on the joke forum. Just click on the link. tell her to look very closely.

I showed that to my sister she's not speaking to me now thanks jockstar :o

All thai girls are scared of pee :D Ghosts, that is ...in thai. :o

My wife whenever she hears a dog barking espacially at night she always says it's a pee She jokes with me all the time "Pee Lok Outside Window" :D don't open window she say then pee come sleep with us. :D

My wife whenever she hears a dog barking espacially at night  she always says it's a pee  ...

Just to clarify, it is not the "pee" that is barking, it is the dogs that are barking AT the "pee".

Not that I believe a word of it :o:D:D

May I hijack the thread? :o

Wonder what most farang guys scare off? Here in Uk I have seen a few big guys who are not so keen on spiders! And my sons and my sweetheart all rely on me to catch them (spiders) whenever they show up in the house :D

It's the bloody cockroaches that get me running!

My wife whenever she hears a dog barking espacially at night   she always says it's a pee   ...

Just to clarify, it is not the "pee" that is barking, it is the dogs that are barking AT the "pee".

Not that I believe a word of it :o:D:D

RDN Your not Scared now right?? :D

Toads.  Thai girls don't like toads.  Put a toad in each of her shoes early in the morning, then watch her put them on.  Fun stuff.

A big frog - maybe a toad (I can't tell the difference) - was living in one of my g/f's shoes when she went to put it on. Never heard such a loud shout from her before. I nearly wet myself. Then I picked up the shoe and shook the frog out over the fence.

Now we keep the shoe rack inside the front door instead of outside. Good idea, huh? :o

Toads.  Thai girls don't like toads.  Put a toad in each of her shoes early in the morning, then watch her put them on.  Fun stuff.

A big frog - maybe a toad (I can't tell the difference) - was living in one of my g/f's shoes when she went to put it on. Never heard such a loud shout from her before. I nearly wet myself. Then I picked up the shoe and shook the frog out over the fence.

Now we keep the shoe rack inside the front door instead of outside. Good idea, huh? :o

Toads have warts while frogs usually have smooth skin. It was likely a toad...I've found a few in my shoes before.

Toads are funny.

Just click on the link. tell her to look very closely.

Great timing on posting this link. I had it bookmarked on my old computer, and had been searching for it the past few days without luck.

Add me to the list of victims of frightened Thai girls, now sporting a very red left ear, and wondering what profane insults she threw my way in some very excited Thai/Lao.

I understood 'aarom sia' (the mood is dead) when I tried to comfort her.

May I hijack the thread? :o

Wonder what most farang guys scare off? Here in Uk I have seen a few big guys who are not so keen on spiders! And my sons and my sweetheart all rely on me to catch them (spiders) whenever they show up in the house :D

That's because women already keep spiders in their knickers. :D

May I hijack the thread? :D

Wonder what most farang guys scare off? Here in Uk I have seen a few big guys who are not so keen on spiders!  And my sons and my sweetheart all rely on me to catch them (spiders) whenever they show up in the house :D

It's the bloody cockroaches that get me running!

... BUT COCKROACHS..... I put my denim jacket on yesterday and a cockroach was in the sleeve... I pushed my hand through the sleeve and it crawled on my hand and dropped on the floor... in about 1/10 th of a second it was a brown MUSH! and I felt sick for an hour...

God know what you think of the traditional Thai chilli dip ( nam prik) that make from some sort of bugs similar to the Cockroachs. I believe they are in the same cockroach family but not so stink! they are called Mang Da the dip is called 'Nam Prik Mang Da'. Yes that is exactly as you described ..put the Mang Da in the mortar then use the paste to mash it up into brown paste...add chillies and a few ingredient...serve with rice :D:D:o