Beer Poll

Eric1949

Beer  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beer lao - however notice singha is missing as well . Pretty Shi*te poll. :D

Ok guys, sorry. It's the first time I've done a poll.

I plum forgot Singha, can it be added? :o

Me vote below:-

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Kan Win :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Miguel light or beer Loa for me, however I would love to get my hands on some good Aussie beer!

Craig :o:D

That is one of the biggest contradiction in terms I've ever seen. I've lost count of the number of arguments I've had with Ozzie's who think they make "beer". They don't. One chap even told me couldn't ever live abroad as nowhere serves VB. That's VB!

That's an over-generalizing and assumes that Fosters and VB represent the best of Aussie Beer. Of the Aussie beers available in Thailand, you might want to try Coopers. They have several different types of beers and while none of them are superlative they are at least credible attempts. Their stout is probably the best of their offerings. Of course there are better beers available in Austraila than Coopers but they tend to come from small breweries that don't have the resources to export to other parts of Austrailia let alone to other countries.

Pffffffff... You call that stuff beer?

A good beer is a cold Colorado microbrew. I am absolutely positive that Colorado has better beers in a 100 mile radius than there are in the rest of the world!

Try a 'Fat Tire' some day and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

beer_label_ft.png

Yeah my friend in the states rubs my nose in it all the time when we talk on skype. There are many microbrews in the States that are excellent beers. The last time i was there i had a shopping cart full of different micrbrews 1 bottle of each to try them all out..

I lived in eastern Pennsylvania for 5 years and gained 15 kilos on account of this.

this poll should be easy to setup. it should only include readily available beer at 7/11s, supermarkets, big box stores and mom and pop stores throughout the country. this immediately eliminates ALL imports including beer lao. no way beer lao should be in any beer poll related to thailand because you cant buy it a retail anywhere in bangkok and perhaps the country. so what does this leave?

1. heineken

2. sing

3. chang

4. tiger

5. leo

6, archa (puke)

7. thai beer

8. san migs reg and light

9. cheers

I may have missed one of the supercheap pos's like that red horse or whatever puke piss that is

aint much of a choice now is it? I get rot gut and headaches just thinking about it but there is a #1 choice hands down

that choice by far is the only drinkable beer in the country readily available and reasonably priced

HEINEKEN

this poll should be easy to setup. it should only include readily available beer at 7/11s, supermarkets, big box stores and mom and pop stores throughout the country. this immediately eliminates ALL imports including beer lao. no way beer lao should be in any beer poll related to thailand because you cant buy it a retail anywhere in bangkok and perhaps the country. so what does this leave?

1. heineken

2. sing

3. chang

4. tiger

5. leo

6, archa (puke)

7. thai beer

8. san migs reg and light

9. cheers

A few missing from that list:

Asahi, Tsingtao, Phuket Beer, Federbrau, Kloster (unless it's now been discontinued as another poster suggested, must admit I've not seen it for a while), Singha Light, Chang Light, Chang Draught, Corona, Guinness.

Quite like Phuket Beer, but my current favourite is Federbrau from the "available in 7-11s and supermarkets" list.

• 4 weeks later...

Guinness, John Smiths, Caffreys or Stella. Although the cost limits my taking pleasure of these delicious beverages. I am also quie partial to grolsch which I have only stumbled across once in Thailand.

Archa, IMO, is the king of the tramp juices and far exceeds other tramp juices such as Chang and Leo.

If somebody could tell me where to buy Beer Laos in Bangkok then they would be my new bestest buddy.

If somebody could tell me where to buy Beer Laos in Bangkok then they would be my new bestest buddy.

Gullivers on Sukhumvit Soi 5, many other bars around that area too such as Soi 7 and Soi 7/1, Shadow bar in Soi Cowboy, many bars in Nana and Soi Cowboy.

But, if you mean a shop selling Beer Lao, well I've yet to find one also...

• 4 weeks later...
Beer lao - however notice singha is missing as well . Pretty Shi*te poll. :D

Ok guys, sorry. It's the first time I've done a poll.

I plum forgot Singha, can it be added?

Also, I wanted the choice of beer and whether draught or bottle/can to be separate.

Beer Singha added but splitting the others to either draught or bottled is more difficult. Also because beers such as Chang can be either draught or non draught and both bottled. Not that it matters because Chang either tastes bloody horrible :o

CB

• 2 weeks later...