Flash Flood Hits N. Thailand: Road Cut, Village Blackout

george

Flash flood hits N. Thailand: road cut, village blackout

KAMPHAENG PHET: -- Relief officials travelling in flat-bottomed boats distributed emergency supplies to villagers in this lower northern Thai province after a heavy rains began early Saturday night and were continuing Sunday, officials said.

Heavy rain was reported at a national park, causing flooding in a village and cut off a temporary road used for constructing a bridge across a canal.

Two electric power poles were knocked down by the strong current, causing a blackout in a village, officials said.

Many farmlands are under the floodwaters, but neither casualties nor damages were reported.

--TNA 2008-05-11

This is wishing the best for everyone in the area and hoping that property damage is at a minimum. Good thing there weren't any injuries.

Thanks, its been raining hard all last night until midday today, drizzling ever since, more rain to come.

according to the better half, Thai TV says it was south of Kamphaeng Phet, near our town Khlong Khlung, damage to isolated village, damage was caused by rising waters.

Edited by victor15

I live 6 km outside Klong Lan and most times it rains we have a power outage and have done in the 4 years I have lived here. On Saturday it went down for 3 hours in the daytine and 16 hours overnight. :D

I stood on my balcony and I could see the lights of Klong Lan glowing nicely. :D

As you come into Klong Lan from Mae Wong national park on the route 1117 towards Khampaeng Phet the road was flooded to about 30cm just as it was in the heavy storms last October/ November time.

Strangely enough we never had this problem before they "fixed" the drainage system.

During SongKran last month we gad no water in the moo baan for 3 weeks. Now we have too much and strangely enough the water was off again this morning.

Still I am really glad I live here as I live on the slopes of the hill with the national park 400 metres away at the end of the land.

Wouldn't want to live elsewhere in Thailand and when I was working here in 1994 to 1997 I spent weekdays in Issan and the weekends in Bangkok.

:D :D :o:D

Edited by billd766