List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Been there many times. The cooks have been with him and his wife for years. Free pickled cucumbers and roasted peanuts while you wait. Their shawarma is very good, usually.

Cooscoos (sp) is also nice and fresh.

Other stuff I have not tried there. One nice touch is that he plays videos of concerts on the tvs.

It's not bad for euros but if you are used to similar food from North american you will be disapointed. For me its all bland and dry.

Nonsense, how can hummus be dry. Also, their spicy red sauce is quite good, you must not use it if you say things are bland.

I love the place, last time the owner gave me for dessert homemade baklava that was outstanding, no charge.

i meant the meats

tried a few times, always disapointed, same same for other people that come from north america

it's not bad, its just not very tasty. WE are used to extremely seasoned food just like thai food is.

basha.jpg

This is what we think of when we talk about Lebanese food and shawarma. usualy with yellow rice and tasty potatoes

Edited by bearpolar

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows if los amigos makes the food spicy on request? I went there the other day and the food was pretty good for a normal person but i enjoy spicy tex mex. I wish there had been jalapenos in the food. They don't have a facebook page and i would love to go back if i knew they make it spicy on request.

Anyone knows if los amigos makes the food spicy on request? I went there the other day and the food was pretty good for a normal person but i enjoy spicy tex mex. I wish there had been jalapenos in the food. They don't have a facebook page and i would love to go back if i knew they make it spicy on request.

I ask them for fresh chopped up Thai chilis on the side and then I add as needed.

Many times jalapenos here, they pickle the heat right out of them so they are worthless.

I like Coffee Tribe, superb food & now situated on the Nai Harn to Rawai road, but yesterday was deplorable. Packed & only 2 staff. Salad girl looked like she was freaking out & server was just standing at the bar waiting for an order instead of clearing tables. We decided not to stay. As in their previous establishment they have not allowed for car parking.

Hi! No, not at Chalong Pier road...you have to take the small road/soi more or less opposite the Siam Commercial bank.Actually quite easy to find..just ask or look out for Soi Sukee...Everybody knows...Owner is German as well...having great Pizza too! Please let me/us know how u liked it. And no, not my place... Just tried it and was fantastic!

The owner is just back from Germany.... I know both restaurants, the restaurant next door as well snd i also know the italian owners...Few italian people told me that the Pizza at the 2000 place is great but they just didnt know before...I had restaurants too before (Pizza+German food) and Im quite sure that can taste the difference if food good or not! There are customers now and its picking up more and more as I can see daily..Italian place was not really that busy too in the last weeks/months and the high season is very low too! But better keep these comments for you and try check it out first and then judge! And again its not my place but I just liked it very much, thats all!

I have not only eaten at both restaurants, I drive by most days and have done for years. Pizza 2000 only gets good business when Agli Amici is closed.

As for where the Italians eat, its at Cosa Nostra on the Patak Estate, not far from Hayaek on the way to Kata. Full every night come rain, or shine.

• Like 1

Try it out...The new chef just started now and of course people need to know it.... besides that I know all restaurants there, cosa nostra, agli, 2000, m&m, da sandro ....etc etc ... and pizza at Pizza 2000 is absolutely not bad at all compared to all the other places! And I know what I'm talking about as I had few restaurants as well plus I'm chef also.. but lets see and let the others judge about the German food... Up to u if want try or not...

Yeah pizza/italian food and besides few german dishes..very, very common...as the chef was working/cooking at a Pizza place plus before German restaurant, so absolutely great/delicious! And im pimping NOTHING! Just was trying it out, food was great plus place quite busy as well, not empty at all! This is just my personal opinion...Just try it out or leave it! That easy!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone tried the little Mexican place just near the north end of the lake at Nai Harn?

Also some other little places near it that looked quite busy on sunday arvo.

Can't beat Blue Fin for the tacos and the fresh salsa.

Wheres Blue Fin?
Thaina road, kata center (road at traffic lights at PTT station).

About half way along Thaina Rd, right side (from light), not far past Dr Cusak's surgery.

Is Blue Fin mex still going?

Good question BB. That road in Kata has really died out. Anyone walking around that area for food I think are all down there by Pizza Company-Coffee Club-etc.

85% of Taina now looks derelict.

Incredible to think that where Dukes Sports Pub used to be the landlord had the nerve to raise the owner's rent. Ludicrous. Now dilapidated shack....

Good question BB. That road in Kata has really died out. Anyone walking around that area for food I think are all down there by Pizza Company-Coffee Club-etc.

85% of Taina now looks derelict.

Incredible to think that where Dukes Sports Pub used to be the landlord had the nerve to raise the owner's rent. Ludicrous. Now dilapidated shack....

Yes, that Taina Road did really die. The Blue Fin open days were quite erratic early last year, the lady owner manager had a real attitude and I stopped going after 19 years as a patron. So I can't say if it's still open.

We went to Moo's Tex Mex in Rawai last night. It was pretty good. My wife got the beef burrito and gave it a "B" grade. I got the chicken enchilada and give it an "A". We thought the service was very good and prices reasonable. 460 THB for two main dishes, big plate of nachos and salsa, and big bottle of beer. The beer was served with pre-chilled glasses. Interestingly, the nachos cost more than the main dishes. But hey, you only live once.

They had Tabasco and other hot sauces in case you like the salsa hotter. (My crazy wife brought her own bottle of Sriracha but we didn't need it.) We will go back again.

This place is on Sai Yuan Rd. where there is that sharp bend, on your left if you are going east, heading from Rawai out to Viset Rd. Here's the pin on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Srr9Lq7rDkJ2

• Like 1

Just back from Nakita's Rawai with some take-away fish & chips, for the second time in 2 weeks the chips are beyond disgusting, hollow and hard bulk bought crap from SC or the likes.

Been getting F&C take-away's from there for years and telling people it's a good place to eat...will now be doing the opposite, it's well and truly of the list of good restaurants IMO.

post-113775-0-81705400-1452343826_thumb.

Just back from Nakita's Rawai with some take-away fish & chips, for the second time in 2 weeks the chips are beyond disgusting, hollow and hard bulk bought crap from SC or the likes.

Been getting F&C take-away's from there for years and telling people it's a good place to eat...will now be doing the opposite, it's well and truly of the list of good restaurants IMO.

Have you tried the fish n chips or wedges (just like big chips) at Cookies in Farang Paradise. I cannot find any better than them at present. Actually his whole range is quite good.

I second fish n wedges at Cookies, Farang Paradise. Excellent...