List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Without competition the restaurants on the same soi as Tiger Muay Thai has the best food on the island, almost thai prices and big plates, Just feel ripped off when eating elsewhere like Patong or Kata. There is one good place to eat in Patong, Restaurant nr 5 on the food court behind Tiger. Don't forget Phattys and Anchor Inn in Chalong!!!

Anchor inn is terrible

I think they have the best "Wiener Schnitzel" in the south of Phuket Island.

what the heck has happened to banana corner? was in there very late last night (a bit after 10 p.m.), and what a sh*t show! our appetizer wasn't cooked all of the way through, and the thai dishes we ordered were salty & disgusting. we waited ten minutes for the waitress to bring our rice, and when she did, it appeared (and smelled) to be day old rice. my friend and i decided we weren't going to eat the food we ordered due to the low quality, so we asked 3 waitresses to bring us our check. 15 minutes later, when the check arrived, i gave the exact money to the waitress, and she asked me, "no tip?"

i have not been in banana corner in quite some time, but after last night's sh*t show i don't think i will ever go in there again...anyone else living in nai harn/rawai had a similar experience there recently? i usually don't have such negative things to say, but i was really surprised at how shockingly disappointing the place has become.

Was there last Friday. Food was ok, both Thai and steak, but nothing special. Mediocre I would rate both the pad Krapao and steaks we had. With many better places in the area won't return there.

tried another new place in nai harn/rawai last night...the short cut from sai yuan to viset road (same road rawai muay thai is on) has a new restaurant called "hang around" or "hang out"...something like that. the place is pretty trendy; decorated really ecletically, really nice music on the stereo, cute little sweets bakery and the waiters wear little sarongs as their uniform. for the ambience, it's quite nice. the food menu is decent...mixture of western and thai food...but it's expensive. i went with a friend and we both ordered fancy, foo foo cocktails plus spring rolls and a greek salad. greek salad and spring rolls both contained shrimp (i'm allergic to shellfish), so i ordered wontons instead. my friend said the food shrimp-filled food was lush. my wontons were nice and so was my cocktail. upon leaving, was given two 100 THB vouchers to use before 15-feb-12. i'll go back. cute place, but wondering how long it will actually last as it seems that nothing too innovative lasts in the nai harn neighborhood for long...anyone else been there and have any comments?

Went there, Hanging Around, last night.

Nice menu, international, Italian and Thai, no beef though on the international part of the menu. All in all we tried 2 different salads, both good, 1 chicken steak, 1 pork steak and 1 spaghetti dish, all very good. Also the housewine was good.

Reasonably priced, was also given two 100 Baht each vouchers, to be used before 15 June with quite a few restrictions. Only negative would be the relatively small portions. Since we were the only guests all evening no surprise the service was good.

Will go again.

Italian

M&Ms, Da Renata, the Italian restaurant behind Patak Villas (can't remember name)

French

Le Celtique

Thai/European

Kallots (good value)

Thai

Natural

Jai Fa

Dairy Hut

Je t'aime (viet also)

Indian

Live India - acceptable for Phuket, but I wasn't blown away.

Japanese

Fuji (Central Festival) for Thailand is good

BBQ Chicken

Somtamlanna

Upmarket and nice evening meal

Serenity

Boat House (kata)

MomTri Viila

Rotis

Ali's who is outside Rawai 7-11 in the evening

Thai

Natural

Je t'aime (viet also)

We took my wife's work colleague and her visiting young sister to Natural (Thammachat) restaurant for lunch yesterday, and as ever the food was excellent, and in spite of the challenges of the stairs to the staff, service good also. Some photos of what turned into a pleasant seafood feast (try the marinated mussels kebab style).......

We popped into Je T'aime for a quick lunch last Friday, and for the first time I tried one of their none Viet/Thai dishes. A spaghetti carbonara which turned out to be very good, with the pasta being al dente and the sauce suitably creamy. If you like Je T'aime, you'll like their sister restaurant, Mamtrio in Kathu (see previous post I made). Virtually an identical menu, though Mamtrio offers quite an extensive Western menu, and their presentation of the food and decor is of a higher standard. This accounts for Mamtrio being slightly more expensive than Je T'aime, though if you get one of their member cards, this gives you a discount of 10% which balances the respective costs pretty evenly. Unusually for discount cards, theirs also includes alcohol.

post-62520-0-98742500-1336354550_thumb.j

post-62520-0-37542900-1336354747_thumb.j

post-62520-0-25971000-1336354985_thumb.j

post-62520-0-10807700-1336355420_thumb.j

post-62520-0-66421100-1336355686_thumb.j

post-62520-0-31448500-1336355907_thumb.j

post-62520-0-01605100-1336356089_thumb.j

post-62520-0-49674000-1336356299_thumb.j

post-62520-0-44007900-1336356487_thumb.j

post-62520-0-39842500-1336356812_thumb.j

post-62520-0-89478300-1336357093_thumb.j

post-62520-0-64062900-1336357598_thumb.j

post-62520-0-33453000-1336357911_thumb.j

post-62520-0-38062800-1336358163_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

Fuji is OK if you really have the urge to eat Japanese in Phuket, but to be honest it's inferior compared to what you get elsewhere...Japan, HK, Singapore, England etc.I have never tried the one next door so thanks for recommendation !

FARANG restaurant has opened a new branch in nai harn on soi saiyuan. stopped there late last night on the way home from work. consistent as all of the branches are, with an extensive menu and prices almost all under 100THB. stop by.

i checked out the TWO CHEFS saturday brunch last weekend in karon. this was only the second time in 5 years of living here that i've been to TWO CHEFS, but the brunch buffet was impressive. lots of scandanavian seafood treats, homemade breads, tasty salads for starters...the mains consisted of many different types of potatoes, fish dishes, smoked pork loin infused with pesto, swedish meatballs with choice of gravy and sausages. the desserts were pancakes, tarts, crepes, etc...the brunch with free flow drinks (not alcohol) was 395THB. it was well worth it, nice to get away from the usual restaurants i go to in nai harn. definitely recommend it. smile.png

Do they have a car park as street parking there is always full.

FARANG restaurant has opened a new branch in nai harn on soi saiyuan. stopped there late last night on the way home from work. consistent as all of the branches are, with an extensive menu and prices almost all under 100THB. stop by.

went last night .... small pizza same as a frozen one,,,, gross , fish and chips over cooked in fryer almost unable to eat , still have the taste of oil today ,,first and last time for me, cheap food with cheap ingredients IMO

i checked out the TWO CHEFS saturday brunch last weekend in karon. this was only the second time in 5 years of living here that i've been to TWO CHEFS, but the brunch buffet was impressive. lots of scandanavian seafood treats, homemade breads, tasty salads for starters...the mains consisted of many different types of potatoes, fish dishes, smoked pork loin infused with pesto, swedish meatballs with choice of gravy and sausages. the desserts were pancakes, tarts, crepes, etc...the brunch with free flow drinks (not alcohol) was 395THB. it was well worth it, nice to get away from the usual restaurants i go to in nai harn. definitely recommend it. smile.png

we parked behind and to the right of two chefs ... there's a small road with hotel access, and we just parked there.

went last night .... small pizza same as a frozen one,,,, gross , fish and chips over cooked in fryer almost unable to eat , still have the taste of oil today ,,first and last time for me, cheap food with cheap ingredients IMO

quite surprised to hear that you had a bad experience, to be honest. i've eaten at all branches of farang restaurant over the years of living here, and it's always been consistent. the prices may be cheap, but i never found the food or its ingredient to be cheap.

Seen in the paper " Into the Sea" in Rawai is supposed to be one of the best in Phuket. I live in Rawai and have no clue as to where it is, anyone ?

it's in the evason ...

quite surprised to hear that you had a bad experience, to be honest. i've eaten at all branches of farang restaurant over the years of living here, and it's always been consistent. the prices may be cheap, but i never found the food or its ingredient to be cheap.

yes i was surprised too ..can only tell u my experience, perhaps teething problems as its just opened ..but bad enough to stay away for quite awhile ....

Got a google maps location? I can never find them.

Got a google maps location? I can never find them.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Two+Chefs+Karon+Mueang+Phuket+Phuket+Thailand&hl=en&ll=7.833793,98.295622&spn=0.030611,0.034933&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.71116,71.542969&oq=Two+Chefs+Karon&hq=Two+Chefs&hnear=Karon,+Mueang+Phuket,+Phuket,+Thailand&t=m&z=15

yes i was surprised too ..can only tell u my experience, perhaps teething problems as its just opened ..but bad enough to stay away for quite awhile ....

that is really too bad...you should actually mention something to the family running the joint, as i think they would be open to the feedback and strive to make it better.

have you tried the 2 items he is talking about? (i have not)

Farang restaurant is good at cooking 'higher grade' food fast, maybe they're simply bad at cheap peasant food. I know their burger is not that good but all the pasta dishes are great for a 3mins wait time. (blue cheese pasta hmmmhmm so good)

Or the guy who posted earlier has been refused a date with one of the waitress

Thanks Amy, for the maps.

On Farang restaurant, last time I ate at the one by Index, was maybe 3 years ago. I loved their grape sauce on the chicken. But after the owner was shot dead at the same place, I would be worried about complaining about their food "too mutt".

Thanks Amy, for the maps.

On Farang restaurant, last time I ate at the one by Index, was maybe 3 years ago. I loved their grape sauce on the chicken. But after the owner was shot dead at the same place, I would be worried about complaining about their food "too mutt".

ok good comments ..i will go back ( with my gf) and try something else perhaps pasta worth a second chance ..will report back ....

Farang restaurant is good at cooking 'higher grade' food fast, maybe they're simply bad at cheap peasant food. I know their burger is not that good but all the pasta dishes are great for a 3mins wait time. (blue cheese pasta hmmmhmm so good)

3 mins wait for a good pasta dishes??? Really do you think that pre cooked pasta is good??????whistling.gif

3 mins wait for a good pasta dishes??? Really do you think that pre cooked pasta is good??????whistling.gif

Don't know that it's only 3 minutes, but it arrive quite quickly and it does taste very good at the place opposite Index.

home made pasta do not need to be cooked that long as they arent dried. 3mins might be an exageration but ive rarely waiting more than 5-6 mins there even with many other customers.

only negative is the portion are small even for infants

Edited by Hostile17

ok to give a comparison...last night i went to ellis in rawai ...had a mixed salad and freshly made tuna and tomato pasta only drank water..total 290 baht and i was full and the food was excellent ....( i am not talking service , atmosphere etc etc just food and cost) i spent the same 290 baht at Farang as per my last posts , not only was i still hungry the food was less than average .... Ellis is good now its low season not busy ....

Was working in Patong yesterday & went to Big Bill's Deli for a late lunch. Had the chicken shawarma which came with steak (large homemade) fries at Baht 150. Very tasty & filling. Good to have a chat with Big Bill as had not seen him in at least 10 years. Check their opening times. I was lucky yesterday as they would normally close for a while in the afternoon but they still served me as both Bill & his wife were there. It is a New York style deli & they have things you can takeaway like frozen meals, pickled onions & dill pickles.

• Like 1

ok to give a comparison...last night i went to ellis in rawai ...had a mixed salad and freshly made tuna and tomato pasta only drank water..total 290 baht and i was full and the food was excellent ....( i am not talking service , atmosphere etc etc just food and cost) i spent the same 290 baht at Farang as per my last posts , not only was i still hungry the food was less than average .... Ellis is good now its low season not busy ....

Does that seem spendy to anyone else? 290 for a salad, pasta and water?

We had a table of 9 last night at Salaloy, on the water at Rawai, we covered the table in dishes, way more than enough for two plates each and rang up 300thb each. Food was o.k. too, great ambiance and typically our table was the loudest for blocks around.

Does that seem spendy to anyone else? 290 for a salad, pasta and water?

We had a table of 9 last night at Salaloy, on the water at Rawai, we covered the table in dishes, way more than enough for two plates each and rang up 300thb each. Food was o.k. too, great ambiance and typically our table was the loudest for blocks around.

good point salaloy is also a regular spot for me and correct around 300 baht and your full , nice setting and reasonable tucker ...but its also thai food which is usually cheaper than decent farang food ... i guess go to farang and see what i mean