List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

worst burger in my opinion was a tie..

Burger joint at Cheers bar in Rawai, tasted like seasoned something with not much meat involved..gross I tossed it

Hey bro, I own that one. You should probably not talk bad about my burgers, Burgers Mafia. There is Meat Involved.

Burger joint at Cheers bar in Rawai, tasted like seasoned something with not much meat involved..gross I tossed it

Hey bro, I own that one. You should probably not talk bad about my burgers, Burgers Mafia. There is Meat Involved.

just my paying customer opinion ,

cheers

just my paying customer opinion ,

cheers

Good on ya Glassdude007, BillR when that place first opened the burgers were good, and then for whatever reason (food costs?), whoa they went way downhill.

One pal of mine who had one about five months ago said there was so much bone fragments in the meat it was like eating a sandburger. Anyway, again, just customer feedback, we used to recommend the place, now I guess everyone is high on Adam Kebobs. Still haven't gotten there yet.................

• 3 weeks later...

Saigon Pho.. Fisherman way Business Garden. More like Asian Fusion Cusiene. Lovely decor all art from Vietnam... Braches in Paris and Phuket with owner Wa, super jing jing.

Asian fusion?????? Average quality, standard Vietnamese dishes which seem to be pre-prepared. Claustrophobic inside, and next to a car park for the few tables outside. For good Vietnamese food, with some good Thai dishes also, Je T'aime in Phuket Town is much better.

A list of buffets would be nice.

I was just at Oishi @ Index Mall and while it isnt great its better than what Ive heard. 450 baht w/ drinks

2 Chefs Mexican buffet on wednedays (karon) and mondays (kata opp boathouse) is pretty good. 500 baht without drinks though.

Moo-kata on Nanai road is also good and in the cheap end at like 130baht iirc.

Other than that I havent tried that many so any recommendations appreciated.

Saigon Pho.. Fisherman way Business Garden. More like Asian Fusion Cusiene. Lovely decor all art from Vietnam... Braches in Paris and Phuket with owner Wa, super jing jing.

Asian fusion?????? Average quality, standard Vietnamese dishes which seem to be pre-prepared. Claustrophobic inside, and next to a car park for the few tables outside. For good Vietnamese food, with some good Thai dishes also, Je T'aime in Phuket Town is much better.

I'm with you on the food word "fusion", usually what you get is confusion.

Also, may I second Je T'aime. Stumbled in there waiting for a friend coming off a bus, had an outstanding lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you on the food word "fusion", usually what you get is confusion.

Also, may I second Je T'aime. Stumbled in there waiting for a friend coming off a bus, had an outstanding lunch.

Sundays are our normal day for a leisurely lunch, and preferably near the sea. Weather so bad at the moment, decided to go to Je T'aime as always pleasant, and guaranteed to stay dry! They also do a very good, reasonably priced house wine by the glass (definitely not Mont Clair!!!). Here are some photos of the interior and the food we had today.....

post-62520-0-08323500-1314523484_thumb.j

post-62520-0-13741000-1314523508_thumb.j

post-62520-0-33621600-1314523525_thumb.j

post-62520-0-95152000-1314523541_thumb.j

post-62520-0-94753700-1314523559_thumb.j

post-62520-0-84790800-1314523578_thumb.j

post-62520-0-77319000-1314523603_thumb.j

post-62520-0-82780000-1314523623_thumb.j

post-62520-0-57584600-1314523642_thumb.j

:) Its got to worth a mention . In Bangtao, near Laguna theres a new place called MAYA opened, not easy to find but wow best food I've tried. exiting to look at and taste + cheap. The menus a fusion of all Asian food and mediterranian !! the restaurant itself is very comfortable and attractive in open thai style hut and gardens.

Not far from Black cat and next to the new 24 hr mini mart.

The new Italian place on the new Fishamansway business garden is excellent, many different pastas, i have tried 3 of them already .......... all good, wood fired pizza oven, bread basket with meal, very nice decor, well worth a visit.

Edited by Andyman

The new Italian place on the new Fishamansway business garden is excellent, many different pastas, i have tried 3 of them already .......... all good, wood fired pizza oven, bread basket with meal, very nice decor, well worth a visit.

they use tap water for cooking though.

they use tap water for cooking though.

Dont tell me you are the Chef?

Developed palate, i can taste it. Also my toilet's brush was full of it as a proof.

Pasta cooked in thai tap water always give me a VERY peculiar feeling in the stomach. A feeling of non-fullness yet i am not hungry. That is the only way i can describe it.

I felt it once with their pasta and then an other time with their soup. Not going back there again untill they abide by basic hygienic rules, its sad though because the other aspect of the business is great

Developed palate, i can taste it. Also my toilet's brush was full of it as a proof.

Pasta cooked in thai tap water always give me a VERY peculiar feeling in the stomach. A feeling of non-fullness yet i am not hungry. That is the only way i can describe it.

I felt it once with their pasta and then an other time with their soup. Not going back there again untill they abide by basic hygienic rules, its sad though because the other aspect of the business is great

Wow, luckly i have no such problems with my stomach and i actually wrote the report as it was one of the very few resterants in Chalong that i have visited a few times and never had any problems.

Go for the asparagus cream. Buy some toilet paper and make sure your water is working.

Gotta add a restaurant to the list.

Phuket town next to robinson going towards the bus station. On the right theres a 2 shophouse restaurant all open. cant miss it. Looks like regular food but unlike most of these restaurants, the food was really tasty and not made to make a quick buck. English menues and as many thais as tourists. Very very surprised.

Edited by thaiIand

Gotta add a restaurant to the list.

Phuket town next to robinson going towards the bus station. On the right theres a 2 shophouse restaurant all open. cant miss it. Looks like regular food but unlike most of these restaurants, the food was really tasty and not made to make a quick buck. English menues and as many thais as tourists. Very very surprised.

I know the one, it is called "Up town" or something like that, noodles are good, any thing else just ok, dont go at luch time if you are a Ferang and want something different off the menu as you will get served last, but worth a visit any other time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure that it's been mentioned many times before in this thread, but this might be useful to someone who hasn't trawled through all the posts.

We hadn't been to Kan Eang@Pier for more than a year, and I was quite surprised when the wife tells me today that she's taking me there for lunch (and she's paying!). It has the reputation for being good though expensive.

The general ambience of the place is very pleasant, and the staff courteous and attentive. The food was excellent (a large fried rice with crab meat, a whole deep fried grouper with ginger, lemongrass and tamarind sauce, a sour curry with seafood, marinated grilled pork, and grilled squid with garlic. More than enough for the 3 of us, and including drinks came to 2050 baht (so not at all expensive given the quality).

Here's some photos of the general areas and food.......

post-62520-0-99739000-1318149817_thumb.j

post-62520-0-30972900-1318149861_thumb.j

post-62520-0-69578700-1318149902_thumb.j

post-62520-0-03369500-1318149979_thumb.j

post-62520-0-61144100-1318150008_thumb.j

post-62520-0-35906000-1318150067_thumb.j

post-62520-0-29049000-1318150125_thumb.j

post-62520-0-17002800-1318150151_thumb.j

post-62520-0-23283700-1318150202_thumb.j

post-62520-0-72642000-1318150240_thumb.j

post-62520-0-67115000-1318150273_thumb.j

post-62520-0-16942700-1318150322_thumb.j

post-62520-0-40038700-1318150359_thumb.j

post-62520-0-41884400-1318150405_thumb.j

post-62520-0-65715600-1318150469_thumb.j

post-62520-0-33066600-1318150545_thumb.j

post-62520-0-81575200-1318150594_thumb.j

post-62520-0-26735400-1318150624_thumb.j

post-62520-0-20262400-1318150656_thumb.j

post-62520-0-13482500-1318150701_thumb.j

post-62520-0-93253500-1318150735_thumb.j

post-62520-0-97418700-1318150774_thumb.j

post-62520-0-88015500-1318150822_thumb.j

post-62520-0-88340900-1318150871_thumb.j

post-62520-0-81375800-1318150921_thumb.j

post-62520-0-62485500-1318150976_thumb.j

post-62520-0-36631600-1318151029_thumb.j

post-62520-0-34849900-1318151067_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the Cherng Talay area so I can give some personal observations in our area of places I have eaten.

1 - Flame - Very new and simple set up and simple menu. For me the highlight is the whole chickens which really are well seasoned.

2 - DeDos - Lots of hype and went there a few months ago after some good reviews on line but was bitterly disappointed. I believe the main reason was it was a Sunday night and none of the expat team was there. I felt it was overpriced for what we received. I will try again when the full team is there but so far not happy.

3 - Sunset Grill - Food has been consistent, large selection and service is okay. We like to do take out from here. Nothing formal but well worth a visit and reasonable prices.

4 - Pesto Restaurant - We have had hit and miss here but some of the cheapest food we have eaten in an expat type restaurant. Almost unbelievable prices for what yu get including the drink menu. The only issue is that it is not consistent! But well worth a try especially due to the great value.

5 - Black Cat - next door to Sunset and again a big menu with a lot of variety and good prices. I have always found the food pretty good and no hesitation in going back.

6 - Slug & Lettuce - Spotted this place about a month ago and did take away from here just once. I have to say the food was good which surprised me as I saw them prep the food and a lot of the heating was done in a microwave. They do a sunday roast which I want to try as well as some more dishes on the menu. Overall well priced, nice set up in the restaurant which you cant tell from street, and nice staff.

7 - Toto - They are renovating the outside area where the pizza oven is right now so I am interested to see what they create. In the restaurant we have had a few good meals and some terrible ones. Service is very average and never seen an owner there or manager. I will wait until I go there again after the renovation outside.

8 - Wine Connection - Closer to bang Tao but kind of cherng talay. My highlight is actually the very affordable and consistent breakfast. Tell them exactly what you want and it is served perfectly. I hope they eventually expand to a descent size with a reall kitchen so they can do the full menu like in Central.

More to come later. Again very brief and of course opinionated. But I ate in them all and my opinion.

More restaurants people? hasn't been many suggestions lately

SACS Bakery next to House & Home on Chao Fa West do a pretty decent burger, have good pies, a very nice apple slice (these are from my own observations) plus I have it on good authority they do a very respectable high tea in the afternoons.

• 2 weeks later...

Without competition the restaurants on the same soi as Tiger Muay Thai has the best food on the island, almost thai prices and big plates, Just feel ripped off when eating elsewhere like Patong or Kata. There is one good place to eat in Patong, Restaurant nr 5 on the food court behind Tiger. Don't forget Phattys and Anchor Inn in Chalong!!!

Without competition the restaurants on the same soi as Tiger Muay Thai has the best food on the island, almost thai prices and big plates, Just feel ripped off when eating elsewhere like Patong or Kata. There is one good place to eat in Patong, Restaurant nr 5 on the food court behind Tiger. Don't forget Phattys and Anchor Inn in Chalong!!!

Anchor inn is terrible

Anchor inn is terrible

I'm with you FaxFlora. This post is laughable...............I like "Without competition the restaurants on the same soi as Tiger Muay Thai has the best food on the island".

That means were there no other restaurants, those restaurants would have the best food.....................but there are others that are much better than those.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure that it's been mentioned many times before in this thread, but this might be useful to someone who hasn't trawled through all the posts.

We hadn't been to Kan Eang@Pier for more than a year, and I was quite surprised when the wife tells me today that she's taking me there for lunch (and she's paying!). It has the reputation for being good though expensive.

The general ambience of the place is very pleasant, and the staff courteous and attentive. The food was excellent (a large fried rice with crab meat, a whole deep fried grouper with ginger, lemongrass and tamarind sauce, a sour curry with seafood, marinated grilled pork, and grilled squid with garlic. More than enough for the 3 of us, and including drinks came to 2050 baht (so not at all expensive given the quality).

Here's some photos of the general areas and food.......

I would agree with this posting :-)

More restaurants people? hasn't been many suggestions lately

SACS Bakery next to House & Home on Chao Fa West do a pretty decent burger, have good pies, a very nice apple slice (these are from my own observations) plus I have it on good authority they do a very respectable high tea in the afternoons.

The breakfast is good - beautiful orange juice

The breakfast is good - beautiful orange juice

Had full London breakfast there a few days ago. It was good but they never offered me an orange juice with my breakfast. May I ask if this was included with your breakfast.

suay is fine but the food is really weak for a supposedly trendy high quality restaurant. The dishes are good but not good enough to be sold at a restaurant id say. Still a lot better than most places in phuket since phuket and quality dont go hand in hand.. only money goes with phuket.

Nice place though.