List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Search Phuket Island View for their Bistro Window on Karon 

Search Karon on the hill.

"Window on Karon" bistro bakery & coffee shop +66 94 801 4564 https://maps.app.goo.gl/N7TLJGGkiVXLrSb28

Karon Hillside Hotel +66 76 398 421 https://maps.app.goo.gl/z7RYWohDyR8wnikQ9

Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by Espanol
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Phuket Town it is busy at the weekend especially around what we call Walking street (Talang road) 

Still night Sunday Market there?

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If you like Thai food I always recommend "Raya"

Yes, I love Thai food and l have that typical restaurant in my list.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Still night Sunday Market there?

Yes, I love Thai food and l have that typical restaurant in my list.

Yes it's still there

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, Espanol said:

FISH BAR AND RESTAURANT RAWAI 089 873 9967 https://maps.app.goo.gl/19bdS8SHxHqZoqSp6

Seafood restaurant at the seaside. 

Beautiful views.

Fish and seafood at really good prices and high quality. 

Most guests are Thai. 

Really good atmosphere, food and service. 

I forget about that place but I have been in there good location and view years ago was owned by some Swedish guy 

• 3 weeks later...

Lack of dining out for quite a few months, so a good time to revisit Rustic and Blue - By The Sea (don't like the name) yesterday.   We were quite early for lunch, before 12, which was just as well as by 1 p.m. it was full, which again was good to see.    The quality of the food was excellent, and service good given their current lack of staff.   We had a couple of starters, Squid and vegetable tempura, and Smoked Mackeral pate on toast with scrambled egg, beetroot and rocket.   Mains were pan fried sea bass with roasted vegetables, and pan fried salmon with tagliatelle coated in a pesto sauce with parmesan shavings.    Finished by sharing a chocolate cheesecake.  Decent wine selection, though only a few by the glass.

20211017_120154.jpg

20211017_120200.jpg

20211017_123248.jpg

20211017_123603.jpg

20211017_123615.jpg

20211017_130418.jpg

20211017_130439.jpg

20211017_115705.jpg

20211017_125803.jpg

• Like 1

The chocolate cheesecake doesn't look very appetizing. Would rather buy a slice of cheesecake at 711 which is delicious.

Tan's kitchen, the cheap burger place up a small soi near to Hayek has permanently closed and has moved to Karon. Sorry, don't know exactly where.

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The chocolate cheesecake doesn't look very appetizing. Would rather buy a slice of cheesecake at 711 which is delicious.

Tan's kitchen, the cheap burger place up a small soi near to Hayek has permanently closed and has moved to Karon. Sorry, don't know exactly where.

Difficult to make any cheesecake look appetizing, however, in this case the taste delivered.   Re Tan, she opened the burger place in her home when forced to close her Karon restaurant last year.   I can only assume she's getting ready to re-open her original place (which was a full blown restaurant, rather than the limited burger menu she could produce at home).

5 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Difficult to make any cheesecake look appetizing, however, in this case the taste delivered.   Re Tan, she opened the burger place in her home when forced to close her Karon restaurant last year.   I can only assume she's getting ready to re-open her original place (which was a full blown restaurant, rather than the limited burger menu she could produce at home).

Try a cheesecake slice from the 711 at the PTT station on Chao Fah West. They look delicious and they taste delicious, 35Bt.

Edited by KarenBravo

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Try a cheesecake slice from the 711 at the PTT station on Chao Fah West. They look delicious and the taste delicious, 35Bt.

Take your word for it KB, however I prefer the hedonistic sea view and a glass of Shiraz at my elbow, sadly lacking on a bench outside that particular 7/11.   The Amazon cafe there does a good coffee though, and Black Crab just up the rode is one of my favourite off licences.

4 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Take your word for it KB, however I prefer the hedonistic sea view and a glass of Shiraz at my elbow, sadly lacking on a bench outside that particular 7/11.   The Amazon cafe there does a good coffee though, and Black Crab just up the rode is one of my favourite off licences.

Just take it home with you. That's what I do and then eat it as a dessert after a meal.

You don't know what you're missing. Best thing 711 has ever stocked (surgical gloves excepted).

• Like 1

When I arrived for the Sandbox, the first thing I did when I got the "not detected" result from my arrival test was to dive in to JungCeylon (right next door to my hotel) to sort out a SIM and then have a wander around Big C - as I had not eaten a substantial meal for two days I was tempted by that eatery next to the bakery section and ordered a spaghetti carbonara.  Obviously not the most inviting surroundings but I was not out to impress anyone and simply wanted a safe no-nonsense meal. Many will scoff, but that was the best carbonara i have ever tasted. It's not the most complex of dishes, but the bacon bits were as savoury as you could wish for, the pasta was cooked to perfection, and the creamy sauce was delicious.

By contrast, last night I had the same dish at Napoli in Soi Post Office and was underwhelmed and disappointed from the first mouthful - it was bland by comparison. Admittedly, Napoli is a really inviting premises with good service and a pleasant ambiance, but I really was expecting more. Also, B380 for the main dish was fair enough I guess, but I did baulk a little at B80 for a can of Coke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 3:29 AM, phills2k1 said:

Anything in particular in Nai Harn that's worth seeking out?  Have done my research for Rawai but not sure on Nai Harn

Thanks!

Unni's restaurant breakfast the best in NaiHarn IMO. Steer well clear of Shakers.

Edited by beechbum

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

Unni's restaurant breakfast the best in NaiHarn IMO. Steer well clear of Shakers.

Can remember back in the good o' days when Shakers Patong had the best steak 'n frites in town!

Edited by LosLobo

38 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Can remember back in the good o' days when Shakers Patong had the best steak 'n frites in town!

Yeah I remember when they were over there as well, went to the "new" one a few months ago for dinner and was terrible, food texture and taste was like it had been deep frozen for months.

The wife was in the kitchen cooking me bacon and eggs when I suddenly heard a loud thud. Running in I found her collapsed on the floor not breathing. I was in a blind frenzy, I had no idea what to do...
Then I remembered, the Islander in Rawai do an alll day breakfast for just 150 baht! 

257343548_4558243374264787_993096949285063943_n.jpg

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, pagallim said:

Before the pandemic arrived, we'd given up going to KanEng@Pier as they were focusing more on large tour groups, with the resultant drop in quality and service standards.   Anyway, they have just re-opened, and we had lunch there yesterday.   They've revised their menu, now doing only Thai dishes, and primarily seafood.   We tried a few different ones, and all good.   There is now a sub restaurant next door (KEP) which is more laid back and garden focused, with a smaller but more international menu which I'm sure we'll try in the near future.   Some photos of yesterdays food (we were celebrating an anniversary so pushed the boat out a bit).

Always preferred eating at Kan Eang 2. The food was always better there.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:35 PM, KarenBravo said:

Always preferred eating at Kan Eang 2. The food was always better there.

Sorry KB, have to disagree.   Sure, more local style dishes but better, no.   Service was always poorer also, which wasn't surprising given the distance between tables and the bar/kitchen.   Cheaper than KE@B, but there was/is a reason behind that.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Paid a visit to Sriwara Bisro and Cafe on Sunday, this after what was not a good visit nearly a year ago, not long after it opened.   That particular occasion the organisation was poor, and waited nearly an hour for my starter before we decided to call it quits and left.   This time, much much better.   It's located on Chaofa West near the junction with Kwang Road, and sandwiched between We Cafe and the next Wine store.

My wife had some large prawns with noodles, then a deep fried fish that had been carved, with a side dish of Thai salad stuff.   I opted for a starter Hokkaido scallops with pork, quail eggs, and Thai salad, then a main course of rack of lamb with a pesto crust, which was served with a selection of vegetables.   The good lady had a dessert whilst I opted for a double espresso and a brandy.

Very large range of food, so you can have a reasonably priced snack or go for something more substantial.    Good drinks selection, including several draught beers, extensive wine list with a few by the glass.    Mont Clair will not be found here.  Not expensive but not cheap either, a classic of you get what you pay for.

20220828_121410.jpg

20220828_121953.jpg

20220828_121627.jpg

20220828_120618.jpg

20220828_123210.jpg

20220828_123229.jpg

20220828_123342.jpg

20220828_131735.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I went into Napoli which is just a few steps into Soi Post Office, across the road from Patong beach. The pizza I ordered was certainly the best tasting pizza that I have ever eaten in Thailand. I have had some good pizzas in Phuket and elsewhere in Thailand, but this was the best. The friendliness of the staff is also remarkable.

Napoli has a large menu of Italian food choices which I need to try next time I get back to Patong from my place in Rawai.

Soon.

pizza.jpg.c41fb09a03f2f0edf08e6d1ad8ed7465.jpg

They also have a very nice smoking lounge upstairs that you may want to check out from which you can order your Napoli food and they will bring the food up to the smoking lounge. A very pleasant experience for smokers of the evil weed. My recommendation is to go upstairs and pay a visit to the smoking lounge before ordering your food. Once you have developed a serious case of the munchies, ask the friendly attendant for a Napoli menu.

Awesome and relatively new experience in Thailand. Surreal even.

lounge1.jpg.96e2a7a12c7e79c2dd30aeb255577cac.jpg 

• Thumbs Up 1