University Invokes Ban On Student's Short Skirts & Tight Blouses

sriracha john

we looked at this thread at uni today, everyones like ? <deleted> is wit all these farang talking about this and posting pics

What uni are you at? The talking and posting pics is about current events in the news. Nothing serious. Just a bit of humor. It's better than news about people killing each other, isn't it?

Edited by AmeriThai

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you always see the middle aged farang leering at these girls on the subway. they dont even try to use the reflection on the mirror or to glance away and disguise it. they just stand there, poorly dressed and drooling.

speak for yourself !

Less of the poorly dressed thank you.

This whole thread is ridiculous.

University should be about learning to think for yourself, not following stupid rules.

Once again the Thai education system has failed its students. :o

^Why is wearing modest clothes in a university a stupid rule? My experience is that 99% of the students dress appropriately, however, there are a few that will go over the top. These rules keep the parents happy as well as the older people at the top, no harm done as people will carry on dressing how they like anyway.

If you think that people are free in the U.K for example to think for themselves at Uni when it comes to matters like this then you are very much mistaken. Universities in the U.K are so restricted due to political correctness and health and safety that absolutely EVERYTHING comes under a strict set of rules. People certainly are not free to think for themselves.

I worked at a state university in California for more than a decade...before moving here...

At my university campus, like pretty much all other public universities in the U.S., there were NO uniforms and basically NO rules about what attire students could wear to classes -- except for sometimes hard-to-enforce provisions about patently offensive or inciteful messages...

As a result, the female students typically wore jeans and all manner of very casual attire (although the business administration majors attending after work did have a bit more of a tendency toward suit ensembles).

Thus, on a campus of more than 30,000 students, you'd rarely see a female student wearing anything even remotely close as alluring as the photos posted in this thread (or the students that can be seen out on the BKK streets and in the malls any day).

It's when the rules require everyone to look the SAME (i.e. uniforms) that women, being women, are going to start looking to stand out from the crowd... Personally, though, given the choice between the typical U.S. campus attire and that here in Thailand, I'd take Thailand any day!!!!! :o

^ Yes I agree about the uniforms. Although the article is wrong in stating students have to wear uniform as most don't, in both campuses.

When I said the U.K was way over regulated compared to Thailand I wasn't just talking about uniform but everything else as well, most of which Thai unis don't give 2 hoots about.

Waiting for Jai Dee to post some of the collection he posted last time this topic was raised. :o

I don't think he can anymore.... the pages are all stuck together for some reason. :D

Even his web pages are stuck together !!! :D:D:D

QOTD.jpg

Great lot of mates I have... :D

:D

had to change my name, something about forum rules or whatnot, you kno how it is..

Also when i first heard about uniform business at unis here.. i was distressed. After seeing the uniforms, wow its one of the best things/ideas i have ever seen. I dunno how these girls can be so shy yet dress so extreme. Really condradictory

I worked at a state university in California for more than a decade...before moving here...

At my university campus, like pretty much all other public universities in the U.S., there were NO uniforms and basically NO rules about what attire students could wear to classes -- except for sometimes hard-to-enforce provisions about patently offensive or inciteful messages...

As a result, the female students typically wore jeans and all manner of very casual attire (although the business administration majors attending after work did have a bit more of a tendency toward suit ensembles).

Thus, on a campus of more than 30,000 students, you'd rarely see a female student wearing anything even remotely close as alluring as the photos posted in this thread (or the students that can be seen out on the BKK streets and in the malls any day).

It's when the rules require everyone to look the SAME (i.e. uniforms) that women, being women, are going to start looking to stand out from the crowd... Personally, though, given the choice between the typical U.S. campus attire and that here in Thailand, I'd take Thailand any day!!!!! :o

Depends on one's preferences. Umbro shorts and t-shirts + Victoria's secret or LaPerla underneath, cruising around in open Jeeps... Sounds plain, but you get a much better preview of the whole package... and they tend not to freak out and run for cover when it rains or when the sun comes out either.

Like all things, there's an upside and a downside.

Depends on one's preferences. Umbro shorts and t-shirts + Victoria's secret or LaPerla underneath, cruising around in open Jeeps... Sounds plain, but you get a much better preview of the whole package... and they tend not to freak out and run for cover when it rains or when the sun comes out either.

Dammit guys, you just spoiled my image of campus attire in California. I thought it was all like beach volleyball and Baywatch uniforms in class. And the profs were like the Hoff and Pamela Anderson. Jeez, I'm shattered by this let down. :D

:o

Dammit guys, you just spoiled my image of campus attire in California. I thought it was all like beach volleyball and Baywatch uniforms in class. And the profs were like the Hoff and Pamela Anderson. Jeez, I'm shattered by this let down. :D

Well...I can only speak for one campus...a Calif. State Univ. campus in the LA. area... And, we did have some profs who looked like Hoff, and some students who certainly resembled Pamela... including the Daum triplets of Playboy fame...

But even if the ladies were wearing Victoria Secret underneath, they were usually wearing sweat pants and sweat shirts or jeans and t-shirts on top... Still sticking with Thailand any day....

Well...I can only speak for one campus...a Calif. State Univ. campus in the LA. area... And, we did have some profs who looked like Hoff, and some students who certainly resembled Pamela... including the Daum triplets of Playboy fame...

But even if the ladies were wearing Victoria Secret underneath, they were usually wearing sweat pants and sweat shirts or jeans and t-shirts on top... Still sticking with Thailand any day....

Yeah, I was talking about UT-Austin, although like a lot of area diploma mills, we spent plenty of time at nearby SWT, A&M, Southwestern, etc. as well.

Like a lot of folks out there, I prefer BOTH. Not sure what's up with this limiting yourself to one of the other type of thinking.

:o

It's something about a lady in a uniform....what can I say!!!!!!

Same thing about hospital nurses... Every time I go to the hospital..makes me crazy!!!!

:D:D:D

Bumrungrad nurses tend to wear the gold/greenish color...which I don't much care for...

But the regular nurses at BNH wear bright whites...which... with tan skin and dark hair...makes for a very nice combination... Same with the white blouse univ. uniforms, now that I think about it!

I must confess though... don't have that same feeling when I encounter the immigration officer ladies at Suvarabhumi....or the lady BIB that I've met... So...it must be the WHITES!!!!! :o

Remember...the ladies always say the same thing about the U.S. Navy guys in dress whites!!!!

This thread would be more amusing if it wasn't for the fact that 95% of the readers are pathetic old geezers. Tes - that means you.

What is pathetic about being elderly? Show some respect and refer to the seniors as elderly gentlemen. If you can't do that I hope some young, brainless yob kicks your zimmer frame from under you if you reach an advanced age.

It's not pathetic to be old. It's pathetic being old and reading thaivisa all day because of having nothing else in life - and a hooker wife is likely not all that interesting to converse with.

Like I said - it's not pathetic being old. It's pathetic being one of the old guys reading this forum. At least now you have a thread where you can perv on chicks that aren't hookers for a change.

I too am appalled by the current student fashion for wearing provocative uniforms. It is a source of constant irritation and annoyance for me to see these beautiful, elegant, charming young students displaying more flesh than is necessary. It can only lead to heated passions among the male population.

But, I am not merely going to express my disapproval on this site. I intend to take positive action. I will offer my services as DRESS CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER to any (or all) universities. This service I will offer free of charge. The exact methodology for determining modest dress code I am reluctant to divulge for fear of Moderator deleting my post.

I can see by the number of people following this thread (6,000 approx.) that others share my concern for the lax standards in student dress code (why else would they be reading this?). I would like to thank those who have gone to the trouble of taking and posting photographic evidence of despicable flagrant violation of dress code. I also note an increase in elderly gentlemen in and around university campuses seemingly glaring, leering at the female students. They are obviously there to do further research on this matter and perhaps take photos to post here.

This thread would be more amusing if it wasn't for the fact that 95% of the readers are pathetic old geezers. Tes - that means you.

What is pathetic about being elderly? Show some respect and refer to the seniors as elderly gentlemen. If you can't do that I hope some young, brainless yob kicks your zimmer frame from under you if you reach an advanced age.

It's not pathetic to be old. It's pathetic being old and reading thaivisa all day because of having nothing else in life - and a hooker wife is likely not all that interesting to converse with.

Like I said - it's not pathetic being old. It's pathetic being one of the old guys reading this forum. At least now you have a thread where you can perv on chicks that aren't hookers for a change.

As was pointed out to the Wizz ( an Australian term for urinating, I might add :o ) by following this thread, he shares many of the characteristics of all the other contributors. However, unlike the rest, he seems to have no sense of humour.

Old age is not just a function of the calendar, it is more importantly, a function of a person's ability to enjoy life.

Ohmygod, why am I in Melbourne ? I'm going crazy over those photos.

top temperature in Melbourne today was 9 degrees and constant rain - why ARE we in melbourne - should be back in Thailand with our teeraks (or if they are from Isaan, teeluks!) :o

The university seems not to be concerned about the more important issues such as the environmental impact of having to use all that extra material, also the extra cost involved to the students for the extra material.

If they really cared about these things they would be making them shorter and tighter :o

4 off topic posts deleted.

The subject is Thai University uniforms. :D

Astral

I think you missed a couple. :o

I also think someone should start another of ThaiVisas unscientific polls about the length of the Uni Skirts, and the tightness of the blouses, to see if the majority of gawkers/lurkers/admirers/conservationists prefer the longer skirts/looser blouses, or the shorter skirts/tighter blouses.

Once we have a sampling of the preferences of the people, that data could be submitted to the appropriate agencies, and then the Uni Uniforms could be adjusted to properly reflect the wishes (desires/lusts) of the public ! :D