{Finance Minister} Dr Surapong said the government would consider new rules on leasing more on par with the region. The government has also abandoned a controversial proposed change to the Foreign Business Act, which tightened the definition of foreign ownership to promote foreign direct investment, he added.
Have to say I'm surprised but if this is so it would be good to see it confirmed, not as a throwaway in another discussion.

Regards

LINK

Edited by A_Traveller

I also noticed this comment and had a smile on my face, but have read nothing since.

Just as there were no posts in reply to your initial, so i thought id bump it back up and see if others have any comments.

This has been repeated a number of times in several articles, including one in the often quoted (but not noted for journalistic integrity) Pattaya People newspaper.

The government is even looking at increasing the length of lease to 50 or more years to stay competitive with other countries in the region. This has brought howls of protest about not selling the country to foreigners, the same thing you hear in every country when this debate starts.