Video Sender

sidelines

I would appreciate some advice on setting up a video sender with UBC DSTV set top box (old model) and Samsung LCD TV model LA32S7. I can send video to another TV using the A/V cable from the television but when it is removed the RF feed from the set top box does not function so I have no picture on the primary television. When I bought the TV last year the picture was terrible - surprise, surprise - and I was out when the guy came to have a look. It seems that he changed the feed to A/V from RF as the source now shows Cable STB. Basically, I just want to have the same picture on both televisions without the inconvenience of continually plugging and unplugging the A/V cable or running a RF cable to the next room.

Use Svideo or component on the nice TV.. Anything less is god awful..

Then use the (whatever spare) output for the other. I used to have 3 signals out of my old UBC box, the svideo to the video scaler and then projector, the composite to bedroom TV and the RF output to a 3rd daytime TV for the GF's soaps.

Now I have moved to boxes with a RGB component out. They also allow different channels per TV due to card sharing.

Now I have moved to boxes with a RGB component out. They also allow different channels per TV due to card sharing.

There are UBC boxes with component out? Is this making a big difference over Svideo or is UBC broadcasting quality still the limiting factor?

Also with regard to card sharing some more info. At the moment I have Svideo out UBC supplied box to Lounge Tv and Composite to Bedroom Tv and RF to kitchen. Of course at the moment it all means same channel on all using one subscription card and Remote senders everywhere....