New Passport

I am getting a new passport and will have used up my 90 days next time I leave the country. Could anybody tell me if this will allow me to do another 30 day border run as there will be no record of previous visits in my new passport or will it be stored on computer and therefore be noticed at the border post?

Thanks in advance.

I am getting a new passport and will have used up my 90 days next time I leave the country. Could anybody tell me if this will allow me to do another 30 day border run as there will be no record of previous visits in my new passport or will it be stored on computer and therefore be noticed at the border post?

Thanks in advance.

as lopuri says they transfer all paperwork/ passport/ visa details etc accross to new passport, ive heard on here it can be done in a imigration office, i however got it done at the border of laos, and these guys dont like paperwork, and they let me know, was sat about for a while whilst they did every other job before sorting mine out, so maybe just ask at embassy if indeed you can go imigration office, might be same but might save hassles!

"Could anybody tell me if this will allow me to do another 30 day border run"

gonna presume you have come on 3 x 30 days?

options if above, 7 days ext from imigration

go to a nabouring country get a tourist visa, basically 60 days but quite a bit more as you learn!

now sounds a bit of hassle but if you want to stay awhile longer, and only takes a couple of days!

click this below and read it, got some do's an dont's & good info from many on here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=158561

"and therefore be noticed at the border post?"

these guys have seen us all before, and the "well i didnt know officer" dont do owt out here!

chris

ps hows ya lump! :o

Thanks in advance.

as lopuri says they transfer all paperwork/ passport/ visa details etc accross to new passport, ive heard on here it can be done in a imigration office, i however got it done at the border of laos, and these guys dont like paperwork, and they let me know, was sat about for a while whilst they did every other job before sorting mine out, so maybe just ask at embassy if indeed you can go imigration office, might be same but might save hassles!

"Could anybody tell me if this will allow me to do another 30 day border run"

gonna presume you have come on 3 x 30 days?

options if above, 7 days ext from imigration

go to a nabouring country get a tourist visa, basically 60 days but quite a bit more as you learn!

now sounds a bit of hassle but if you want to stay awhile longer, and only takes a couple of days!

click this below and read it, got some do's an dont's & good info from many on here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=158561

"and therefore be noticed at the border post?"

these guys have seen us all before, and the "well i didnt know officer" dont do owt out here!

chris

ps hows ya lump! :o

Lopburi3 is right, they will transfer your detailed last entry (visa or visa exemption) to your new passport but that’s all. However this procedure began only after they started implementing the maximum of 90 in 180 days stay, which means (probably) it is their way to find out if you have completed your 90 days or not; as before this implementation you would only be required to show your old passport alongside the new one. I have changed several passports before and two after that date, most of them for lack of empty pages (well I travel a lot), and I did the transfer for the first one in Aranyaprathet/Poipet border and the second at the immigration office in Bangkok; the later was much faster, because though you have to wait for your turn at the immigration office but at least you know where the boss (who should sign it) is; at the border they either have to wait until he comeback from his inspection tour or go to find him for you if you are a nice guy.

Bishop

If you apply for your new passport whilst in LOS, the details of you current entry stamp

will have to be transfered to the new passport. This will link the 2 passport on the Thai Imm computer.

If you can get the new passport whilst you are outside the country then there will be no link

and you can probably start a new 90 days.