What Do You Think Of Thaivisa Food?

Tatler

I can't comment on their products because i've never ordered them, mainly because their prices are way over the top for my liking :o:D

If you can be bothered looking around their are a few other companies (i know thaivisa uses 1 of them for their sausages etc..) that offer the same stuff at cheaper prices. I don't mean 10 baht cheaper, i mean 120 per kilo cheaper :D:D now thats a nice mark up ??

What do you think of their products and prices???

Prices seem high compared to my local Villa, but then if I was living out in the sticks (the target market, I believe) and had no easy access to these products, I might be tempted to pay the extra to have them delivered to my door.

I'm the same as Dan, I live in the sticks and accept that delivery and packaging can add to the cost. The free delivery for goods exceeding 2500B total makes it particularly attractive.

However tightening security at my overseas bank makes it virtually impossible to pay for anything online and the only way I can access my account is through another bank or ATM.

Also I'm REALLY in the sticks. I'd lose sleep thinking about my goodies finding their way over that last 20kms.

I do agree that they offer a great service for you lazy ones !! just spend about 20 minutes looking at their products and then another hour of research and you'll work it out !!

I am jealous of Thaivisa because they have done soooooooooooooo well from their website. well done.....

Cheers

Tatler :o:D

Foodland is the best bet overall for price and selection of Western foods. Villa is good for selection but 15-20% more expensive - their beef is still superior though. Nowadays you can get most of what you need at Tesco and the other places anyway.

Not if you live outside Bkk or Pattaya. Try finding UK food in the large Tesco's in Kanchaniburi. You can't get tinned tomatoes, cheddar cheese, non sliced bread, they have a pitiful selection of Beef, Lamb is unheard of and don't even think about marmalade (quality stuff). But thats the price of living in the boonies.

So I either have to take a trip to Bkk or order on-line or through an English food supplier for those little treats I miss.