"thai" Company With Foreign Minority Shareholding

Considering that there is a new government I'm wondering if the land department are continuing to check whether or not the Thai shareholders are "nominees" before allowing land/house transfers. Anybody know or have recent experience? Just curious.

Good point, I don't have recent personal experience, but I'm sure that I read somewhere that in 2007 the land offices wanted to see some documentary evidence that the Thai shareholders were not nominees, in particular that they had the means to pay for their shares, evidence such as bank statements or employment letters.

Good point, I don't have recent personal experience, but I'm sure that I read somewhere that in 2007 the land offices wanted to see some documentary evidence that the Thai shareholders were not nominees, in particular that they had the means to pay for their shares, evidence such as bank statements or employment letters.

This was my understanding as well. jonnyk, did you need to provide this type of documentation?

This was my understanding as well. jonnyk, did you need to provide this type of documentation?

No. Went with my accountant, she had a bunch of papers that she handed over but none of them pertaining to my shareholders. We went next door for lunch and when we came back and they handed her a sheet with various stamps and itemized amounts with a total. Cashier wicket 15 feet away and I gave her a wad of cash plus an envelope :o and the deed was done. I have all receipts plus the red chanote.