How Much Does It Cost To Build A Road In Thailand?

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this. I am going to build a house in Surathani and I need to know how much the road construction will cost.

The road should be 6-8 meters wide and it is 100 meters long. Does anyone know how much a thai contractor will charge per sqm?

Any other tips on road construction are higly appreciated too :o

Thanks!

I think about 350 baht per sqm (100mm thick with reinforcing)is a reasonable price. If you are going to be running trucks etc over it then probably best to make it 150mm......... was told this in Hua Hin area.

it was funnier before editing ! Especially the last sentence

I built a 550 meter laterite road in Chaiya just north of Suratthani and can tell you that the price is whatever the local Thai wants to do the job - they will lie cheat steal and sell their mother if they can make a dollar

• Thanks 1

I built a 550 meter laterite road in Chaiya just north of Suratthani and can tell you that the price is whatever the local Thai wants to do the job - they will lie cheat steal and sell their mother if they can make a dollar

Could you tell us the price you paid, approximately?

Could you tell us the price you paid, approximately?

for the mother or for the road? :o

one year back price was Baht 500 a sq meter 10cm deep concrete and steel.

Bird and Rat Cement is now baht 130 bag vs baht 100 back then so it will be a little more now.

We will be getting a driveway built soon but it will have to be able to cope with the occasional lorry loaded with a rice cutter.

Our builder has 'guesstimated' at about 450 bht per sq metre but as he is the wifes uncle and seems to be working at only a little over cost price I am guessing that he doesn't have alot of profit built into that price.

my neighbour just had his drive made last week.

for a decent, thick cement road he paid 17,000 baht for around 40 square metres.

this works out to around 400/sq.m so

a 6 metre wide, 100 metre long road... around 240,000 baht.

strongly advise you supervise the laying of the road to ensure that the steel is utilised properly and doesnt 'disappear'

I put in about a hundred meter road through the rice paddy. It had to be built up about two meters. I had them enlarge my pond for the dirt and it cost me 28,000 baht.

I put in about a hundred meter road through the rice paddy. It had to be built up about two meters. I had them enlarge my pond for the dirt and it cost me 28,000 baht.

I assume this is a dirt road which would do quite nicely for a runway if proper drainage is engineered. Any prices for asphalt surface?

I assume this is a dirt road which would do quite nicely for a runway if proper drainage is engineered. Any prices for asphalt surface?

No idea. Laterite is common in this area and that makes a pretty decent road. I have a couple of places that are washing away so I have to hire a couple of the locals to put laterite rocks in the area prone to washing out. Unfortunately I have PLENTY or laterite rocks.

No idea. Laterite is common in this area and that makes a pretty decent road. I have a couple of places that are washing away so I have to hire a couple of the locals to put laterite rocks in the area prone to washing out. Unfortunately I have PLENTY or laterite rocks.

post-17093-1212150360_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary A