Falang Recipe For Talapia [pla Tab Tim]

Tab tim [or known in english] 'talapia' is my favorite local freshwater fish and altho quite bland tasting, it can adapt it's self to falang style recipes. I get them alive and have the vendor fillet it and then it's much easier to deal with and minimal waste. And at 60THB/kilo, it's good value.

I'll share the following recipe with fellow readers and wanna be cooks

simply spice to your liking for flavor .....i use bay seasoning, but can use salt and pepper, then dredge fillets in flour, then dip in beaten egg and crush some cashew nuts and add to panko bread crumbs at a ratio of 1 crushed cashew nuts to 5 panko cover fillets with this and fry in a little oil slowly on low heat so cashews don't burn and you will have a delicious cheap main dish.

anyone else have other ways to cook talipia??

A few months ago Mrs said to me, im going to make you some Fish & Chips, i said ok [disbelievingly] 3 things, if its freshwater fish, salt it a little before cooking, and NO bones or i wont eat! and no sugar in the batter,

About 35 mins later, she brought me the dish, WOW, it was lovely, I have Heinz white vinigar and Malt vinigar and of course, salt.

Since then, a german,swiss,3 english,1 canadian friend has tried it and all gave the thumbs up, And anyday now, im expecting some parsley sauce from UK, this with sweet young peas should crown the meal....

Your recipe sounds good Jadieeguy, will pass it onto the mrs, i love cashews and nuts, Fish and nuts are full of essential vitamins..

Thanks, Lickey..