David West Aka "cute Thai Girl"

Thailand

Gang,

You may want to take this as lesson and check out your cholestrol etc.

I was diagnosed at age 29. Doc told me, if we would have never coaught this, Id be dead in my 30's-40's.

I am 32 now, and plan on retireing early in LOS. I want to have a retirement....

RIP, Bud

At this point I know that David will not mind me saying this, and as a friend of over 20 years I think it needs to be said for the others out there who think tomorrow will do- Mai Pen Rai.

David had an OPERABLE heart defect for at least two years and he was always going to have the operation "soon" but something always came up!

Wihout your health nothing is worth it, a terrible lesson from a nice guy who will be sorely missed by many people.

Go and have that health check up you have been talking about doing, I will!!

Is this David West of Domino ( now True Blue ) restaurant fame? Martin West's brother?

If so, sad but not exactly unexpected. A famous wild man from waaaay back, and not really reflective of your average Joe, at all.

Might not be the same guy though: He didn't ever seem like the "website designer" type.

Gang,

You may want to take this as lesson and check out your cholestrol etc.

I was diagnosed at age 29.  Doc told me, if we would have never coaught this, Id be dead in my 30's-40's.

I am 32 now, and plan on retireing early in LOS. I want to have a retirement....

RIP, Bud

At this point I know that David will not mind me saying this, and as a friend of over 20 years I think it needs to be said for the others out there who think tomorrow will do- Mai Pen Rai.

David had an OPERABLE heart defect for at least two years and he was always going to have the operation "soon" but something always came up!

Wihout your health nothing is worth it, a terrible lesson from a nice guy who will be sorely missed by many people.

Go and have that health check up you have been talking about doing, I will!!

Sad to here of Dave's untimely death. Was he with friends/family at the time of his death?

Hope he didn't put off the operation due to a lack of funds.

As many others in the CM community, I met David at the TV meeting at the Mango Tree many moons ago. I am shocked to hear of his passing - he seemed to possess a lot of energy and made many valuable contributions to TV, especially in the Chiang Mai section.

My condoleances to his family and loved ones.

Rest in Peace, David.

Ok i try again

I am David's wife, and i would like to thank you all for your kind words about my husband, the father to our boys Barcley and Tai.

He will be missed by us all.

Cute Thai Girl he was not, for those whom knew him............

Thailand was our home for the last four years, although myself and our boys have been in England, we miss our life there very much.

May he rest in peace.

Please feel free to contact me should you wish to know about the arranagements for his future.

Once again Thank you to you all for your words and thoughts.

I love you David West, always, have, always, will.....................till we meet again

My husbands body will be returning to the UK (date unknown at this time). He will be cremated and then part of his ashes will be laid with his Father and I will be returning, with our two sons, Barcley and Tai, to scatter David at one of our favourite locations. This I cannot tell you at present, as I have to ensure that where i have choosen will be possible. I will keep you posted and should anyone wish to attend the gathering please stay in contact with me. Unfortunately it is unlikely to be this year, and it is likely to be in Chiang Mai, where we were happiest as a family.

Myself and the boys are aswell as can be expected at this time.

Please all of you ensure that you take care of yourselves, this age is very young to died. Yes David probably could have prevented this, but as his wife, I can let you know that he was very scarred of this operation, and many atime he would express his concerns with me.

Stay in touch everyone.