How Do I Get My Husband To Stop Smoking?

elsphit

I remember when my daughter was about 3 she came up to me, put her arms around me (as best she could) and said "I love you very much daddy" When my wife came home from work that day she gave me her usual hug and "Love you" but that day I felt different. It was what is suppose some folks call and epiphany.

Haven't touched a ciggie since. 3 years. Cold turkey too.

• 3 weeks later...
:D Hi their guys.., I'm just a very newly registered on this site, and as I read this site I really impress about people who are very much willing to quit from smoking, not just for their self but also for their family. How many times did I try to talk to my husband and please him to sttop from smoking 'cause me and my dayghter already got a hard coughf because of the smoke that we take from his being a smoker. And then he promise me me to quit from it, but then that promise will only take just A few ours, then after tat his back in smoking again. Please advise or give me some important tips in how I can make him quuit from smoking. Thank you.

:) ___________________________

delia

Hi Delia,

Getting a loved one to quit is quite a challenge. The more you complain the more it will seem like you are nagging him. This will only irritate him. You need a more indirect strategy.

I'm assuming he smokes indoors at home? an/or maybe in the car. First step, ask him calmly and politely but firmly to stop smoking indoors at home and in the car. If he wants to smoke he can go outside. Please let me know how he reacts to your request.

Some background information would also be helpful. How old you both are and your daughter, how long has your husband been smoking and how many cigarretes he smokes per day. Does he have any hobbies or other interests that are important to him.

Do you think I will go outside my own house to smoke? Come on! Why don't the wife go outside the house if she don't like it? Or move somewhere else?

I like to smoke, because I want to die before I am 65. That saves my Government of paying me any pension money, and my wife will get her widow-pension at an earlier time.

If she don't like me smoking, I give her a divorce. If you want children, find a man who don't smoke if you don't like it. Don't complain afterwards.

Edited by bellste

Recommend he gets a health check and as a part of that process, have him take a CT 64 slice scan of his heart, not overly expensive - the resulting pictures will make anyone stop, seriously.

No it will not, whatever it shows. Not everybody wants to get old. I am 53, and that is more than enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
:D Hi their guys.., I'm just a very newly registered on this site, and as I read this site I really impress about people who are very much willing to quit from smoking, not just for their self but also for their family. How many times did I try to talk to my husband and please him to sttop from smoking 'cause me and my dayghter already got a hard coughf because of the smoke that we take from his being a smoker. And then he promise me me to quit from it, but then that promise will only take just A few ours, then after tat his back in smoking again. Please advise or give me some important tips in how I can make him quuit from smoking. Thank you.

:) ___________________________

delia

Hi Delia,

Getting a loved one to quit is quite a challenge. The more you complain the more it will seem like you are nagging him. This will only irritate him. You need a more indirect strategy.

I'm assuming he smokes indoors at home? an/or maybe in the car. First step, ask him calmly and politely but firmly to stop smoking indoors at home and in the car. If he wants to smoke he can go outside. Please let me know how he reacts to your request.

Some background information would also be helpful. How old you both are and your daughter, how long has your husband been smoking and how many cigarretes he smokes per day. Does he have any hobbies or other interests that are important to him.

Do you think I will go outside my own house to smoke? Come on! Why don't the wife go outside the house if she don't like it? Or move somewhere else?

I like to smoke, because I want to die before I am 65. That saves my Government of paying me any pension money, and my wife will get her widow-pension at an earlier time.

If she don't like me smoking, I give her a divorce. If you want children, find a man who don't smoke if you don't like it. Don't complain afterwards.

You sound like the kind of person that only cares for me, me, me, I also see you flicking you toxic butts where children, wildlife and waterways can ingest them become ill or die and contaminate our waterways, It is people like this that need to have their wish come true sooner then later, have another cigarette (coffin nail) I guess you missed the boat when it is said to respect self and others and have responsibility for all of our actions, check out the mirror, do you really like you? It is never to late to change, If you want to, Chok Dee

374.bmp