Rat To Go

corkscrew

From what i understand, these are "rice rats" . Not the city rats.

Well we eat rabbits and hare, why not rats.

With me it is beween the ears, it is a strange thought, to eat rat.

Must be because i have been thought negative things about them, and not used to eating animals like that.

Most things we donot know and try to eat, taste like chicken i am told, in that case i will stick to that, no need to try... is there.... :o

The people that I have talked to that have eaten rat say it is really good. I will take there word for it.
I have been told that rat from sugar cane fields have a nice taste as well.

You have to remember that these are "field rats", living on mostly vegetable matter - rice, maize etc. not the city rats living on garbage and heaven knows what else.

Big difference!

I have had rat on several occasions in various parts of Thailand, tastes rather like a gamy chicken.

Patrick

You have to remember that these are "field rats", living on mostly vegetable matter - rice, maize etc. not the city rats living on garbage and heaven knows what else.

Big difference!

I have had rat on several occasions in various parts of Thailand, tastes rather like a gamy chicken.

Patrick

I'll never know. :o

I have eaten the "rice rats" up country many times in various places here in thailand. They are pretty tasty, albeit slightly tough and chewy. I don't see anything wrong with eating them and certainly the natives don't either. Then again growing up in the hills in the US we routinely ate woodchucks, squirrels, rabbits, and occasionally possums.

It's much the same as people eating insects. The water beetles look like giant cockroaches but are caught in the rice paddys and are quite good, although it's too much work for not enough food in my book.

I'll never know. :D

One wonders what wine would go well with grilled rat? :o

I had my few bites washed down with lots of Leo beer. (Actually, I needed a can of Leo even before I took the first mouthful.) It was about a year ago when I had my first rat. And it did taste like oily chicken.

Yesterday we just bought 6 of them for friends.

post-9122-1212058816_thumb.jpg

I'll never know. :D

One wonders what wine would go well with grilled rat? :o

A nice Pinot Grigio, perhaps?