Renting Apartment Advice

Im looking for some help on renting an apartment for a few months over the winter period (uk).

I am ideally looking for a nice place (but relatively cheap) with modern facilities, tv, dvd, internet etc..and in a quiet but decent/safe area in central area or close by with good transport access and maybe some expat/touristy type places nearby for pool/beer/music/live bands etc...

Anyway, I'm unsure whether to stay in Bangkok or Chiang mai. Ive been to bangkok but I'd prefer to stay in a chilled out relaxed place and hear this is what Chaing mai is like? So, most likely stay there.

Also, I plan on getting a 2 month visa and then doing border crossings to extend. How long can I do this for and will this effect any housing contracts? The minimum I plan to stay is 3 months and maximum probably 6 months.

So any advice or links to help me here would be great.

cheers.

Edited by farangchangman

I moved to Chiang Mai 2 years ago and hunted around for the same thing you are looking for. There are numerous cheap / budget apartment buildings where you can get short term leases. The price they charge is dramitically less than a guest house if you stay there for a few months. Best thing for you to do is come up here and stay in a GH for a few days while you work out where you want to live.

Nimenanhamen Road is a popular ex-pat area and there are lots of clubs and bars within walking distance. Lots of modern and some new apartment buildings going up there as well.

There is a decent place there called Baan Thai, its has a pool and free parking ..... It will cost you between 5-7ooo a month depending on room size.

Its easy to get a 3 month lease there.

Even if you are only staying 6 weeks its still cheaper than staying in a GH.

Browse through the Chiang Mai forum and you fins that alot of people asked and had answered similar questions before.

Good Luck

I moved to Chiang Mai 2 years ago and hunted around for the same thing you are looking for. There are numerous cheap / budget apartment buildings where you can get short term leases. The price they charge is dramitically less than a guest house if you stay there for a few months. Best thing for you to do is come up here and stay in a GH for a few days while you work out where you want to live.

Nimenanhamen Road is a popular ex-pat area and there are lots of clubs and bars within walking distance. Lots of modern and some new apartment buildings going up there as well.

There is a decent place there called Baan Thai, its has a pool and free parking ..... It will cost you between 5-7ooo a month depending on room size.

Its easy to get a 3 month lease there.

Even if you are only staying 6 weeks its still cheaper than staying in a GH.

Browse through the Chiang Mai forum and you fins that alot of people asked and had answered similar questions before.

Good Luck

Cool. Sounds good. Thanks. :o