Lonliness

frankpelagic

Can anyone help? I have retired to Pattaya, and am having trouble getting onto a network of friends or even acquaintances. I am a fairly reserved 56 year old, shy even, but most days I only ever talk to the check out chick or bar maid (Singha please, and Check bin Khrup), and its starting to drive me crazy. I was a fairly senior emergency/trauma nurse in my previous life, and would be happy to give some of my time (of which I have a lot) if there is a voluntary organisation that exists. Any ideas?

You were an emergency/trauma nurse in your previous life?

I think you'll fit in just fine with the Buddhist believe. They believe in reincarnation as well.

I saw a video on Youtube the other day about a young Australian fellow . He is a volunteer in Bangkok. Emergency response. The Thai people are happy to have him in BKK it looked like. Sounded like they are really busy too. You may be able to help and make a lot of people happy or let's say happier.

Sorry to put in a spanner, but I assume you need a work permit to do such work here, even if it is voluntary and unpaid. That might involve a lot of hassle if the guy is already on a retirement visa. Just a thought.

Plastic pig and sweetchariot,

which teams did you play for then.I personally find that you CAN meet SOME good friends playing pool,but my experience is the bad bars attract the bad guys.I could name some nasty horrible bars in pattaya that attract all kinds of dickheads but i wont.

Overall THE Pattaya pool leagues are mainly decent people.

The team I played for was made up of 99% nice guys, there was just one d1ckhead who was quite new to the team at the time. It was the bars we were playing against that seemed to be the problem.

We played in the 'Mickey Mouse' monday 8 ball league, that seemed to have more than it's fair share of idiots, and the wednesday 9 ball league which seemed alot more refined.

The 9 ball league on a wednesday is a pretty good league.I have stopped playing now beacuse i only go out a couple of nights a week and being stuck in one bar most of the night isnt for me.

Having said that,2 teams in the super league have asked me to play so i am thinking about it for one season.

I'm sorry I new to this website and don't mean to offend anyone in particular, like I say it's difficult to know who to trust in this town.

The sad think is newbiefred that there's an overwhelming amount of very decent Danes in Pattaya. This bullshite about not naming names and saying 'everyone know' is not going to give the average newbie a warm-fuzzy about coming to live here.

As my mum taught me, 'If you can't say good about anyone, then say nothing.'

End of!

Whilst you can't just magic a set of friends overnight, you can get off to a winning start by drinking beer. It's amazing how many folk you meet and talk to after a skinful. Scope out a decent pub/bar that fits your comfort level (measured by various means) and spend an hour or two in there every other day. Hey presto! A whole new crew of pals.

I'm sorry I new to this website and don't mean to offend anyone in particular, like I say it's difficult to know who to trust in this town. I think its ok if I mention what I hear if I don't say the people name from danemark. .

The sad think is newbiefred that there's an overwhelming amount of very decent Danes in Pattaya. This bullshite about not naming names and saying 'everyone know' is not going to give the average newbie a warm-fuzzy about coming to live here.

As my mum taught me, 'If you can't say good about anyone, then say nothing.'

End of!

I have to agree with you, there are many nice Danish people here. With any nationality there are exceptions to the rule, may be what fred is trying to say and be careful who you trust.

Get yourself a girlfriend !!! and a scooter ! amazing how mobile you can be once you got your own transport and nice roads out east pattaya.

Had to laugh about the desciptions of the expats club :o not my thing !! looks like a bunch of grumpy old men to me from what i see on pattayamail

I mostly keep to myself as I don't see the point in talking drivel to so called "friends" .

name='JaiDeeFarang' date='2008-06-18 16:02:51' post='2040590']

I have to agree with you, there are many nice Danish people here. With any nationality there are exceptions to the rule, may be what fred is trying to say and be careful who you trust.

Got to say this,

You can trust people in this town.

But don't trust anyone in this town with hard cash. it will be gone.

End of.

Plenty of low lifes from every country here. :o