Motorcycle Protective Clothing And Boots

jrbkk64

Hi All,

I have already been to Paddock on Ratchadapisek, Dirt shop on On Nut and Red Baron on Ramkhangheang but can not really find what I need and like.

Am looking for light weight protective pants, waterproof jacket and pants (no leather please, too hot!!) and boots. I drive (or should I say ride?) a so called "all road" motorcycle mostly on normal roads(80%), no heavy off-road work.

For boots I may consider hiking shoes but also these I would not know where to buy in Bangkok.

Thanks for any tips.

I will be watching this with interest as I too need some basics.. Went to Dirt shop myself (bastrads told me they had a alpinestars daytona in my size.. Flew from phuket to find they didnt have it, mai mee, and claimed never to have had it, despite me clearly asking and arranging it all before I came and triple checking) and paddock also.

Also they tend to have plenty of the uber tight road race type jackets, but a breathable, lightweight, large size of a normal biker type (one that goes past the hip) seems hard to find.

I am outside the normal sizes for gear sold in asia anyway it seems.

Just had a play with goggle and came up with the address below.

Bangkok Motorcycle Supply Co., Ltd.

Address

Bangkok Motorcycle Supply Co., Ltd.

Address:

10/168 Ramintra 8 Road Anusawaree, Bangkhen, Bangkok, 10220, Thailand

Tel:

work662-9719139

Fax:

fax662-9719660

"Bangkok Motorcycle Supply Co., Ltd. Bangkhen, Bangkok, Thailand ...

Wholesaler & Manufactuer of Beconi motorcycle leathers, jackets, trousers, boots, ..."

Could be nothing but well worth a try.

Hello :o

I just recently got a set of rain clothes at Paddock. Also after a misinformation over the phone, as i am somewhat short on cash and didn't want to spend a fortune - so i called and asked for a "one-piece rain suit in size XXL". The answer was "Yes, we have it, price 2.800 Baht".

Next day i got there (which is very far from my place in Bangna i have to add!) and of course - "Mai mee". Yup, they DID have something for 2.800 Baht in size XXL - a rain JACKET. "It's one piece like you asked for". I explained "A one-piece rain SUIT goes from neck to toe in one piece" and got the answer "no, in Thailand we call THIS one-piece". TIT.

So, not wanting to have my trip wasted, i looked around and found something i liked - granted, two pieces, but featherlight and very high quality. From Japan, and with a hefty price tag - 6.500 Baht. But in my size, which turned out to be (don't laugh!) XXXL! I'm not fat, just tall - close to 2 meters. Well, in Germany "XL" was big enough, but here everything seems to be two numbers smaller.

Then i also spotted a pair of decent "over-boots" (again XXXL, largest available) where i can just so cram my size 11 sneakers in, those were 2.500 Baht.

So in all, 9.000 Baht..... phew.

BUT over the past few days i had plenty of opportunity to "test" the gear as it's been pissing every minute i was on the road, and yet i reached every destination dry like on a sunny summer day.

The stuff folds small so i can easily carry it either in the box on my bike or, if that is full with other stuff, in my bag that i always carry with me. After arriving at destination, just shaking the jacket and pants a couple of times has all water drip off and they are dry again. They let no water thru at all, i think i can go swimming with them and stay dry! At the same time this is the FIRST set of rain clothes where i do NOT sweat inside - expensive but, in my opinion, worth the money.

The brand is "RS Taichi Motorsport".

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hi All,

I think I need to clarify something. I am looking for the following:

1. light weight protective pants. With protective I mean knee/hip protection plates. A jacket I have.

2. water proof jacket and pants which are intended to be worn over my underwear so to speak, NOT a rain coat/pants which you would wear over the stuff I mention under #1.

3. Boots which are protective but not extremely so. So much so that you can't walk in them like nearly all the ones I saw in Paddock.

JR

Ruddick: Bagkok Motorcycle supply seem to be out of business, tel. dead, fax number belongs to some else

There must be at least one or two more shops besides Dirtshop, Red Baron and Paddock for clothing? Or not? Who can help?

Briggsy,

Besides issues with size etc. when buying on ebay, are there any (tax/Customs) issues with getting this into Thailand? If not than I will surely try.

By the way: just bought some pants from BMW Barcelona, after 45% discount still 16,000 or so, but suitable for hot and/or wet weather.

Even my full-length one-piece Ducati brand rainsuit ($129 plus tax, bargained down to $100 no tax, made in China) leaks a bit and can be hot. But I found that in Houston :o at the Ducati dealer. The local BMW dealers here might have the right size and style, but close to 10,000 baht. Thanh and others have found the futility in phoning ahead, only to find mai mee when you get there.

Most markets will sell yu the standard protective clothing for motorcyclists in Thailand.

start with footwear.... flip-flops (thongs) a pair is preferred but one will do.

legs - place on either side of motorcycle - should be held away from the vehicle to allow sufficient air to run up legs of shorts. any strong leggings should be kept in thetop-box to avoid damage in case of accident.

lower torso - cotton shorts, no underwear will ensure a cool ride.

Upper torso and arms - it is essential to go for strength and quality, so your t-shirt shoud have cost at least 50 baht to allow for that even "all-over" gravel-rash.

Head - good helmet is REALLY IMPORTANT - this should be quality tested and made of anything from paper through to an old tin.

Once you have chosen your helmet this should be fastened SECURELY over the headlamp.

Follow these simple guidelines and you will be kitted out for less than 100 baht.

Enjoy your dynamic dismounting with Thai motorcycle safety-wear!

• 1 year later...