Back To Pattaya (finally)

BigDamo

Hey guys, I'm returning to Pattaya since my first time in 2005..... Been to Phuket since which I loved but its not Pattaya......

I could do with some heads up on a few things.....

I have not arranged transfers from BKK so whats the best value form of transport?

Where is the nightlife thesedays? I can remember parts of walking street but not all? Whats Queen Vic like now on Soi 6?

What am i expecting to pay for beers and vodka? Any tips for not getting ripped off with tourist prices?

Any other info or photies would be greatly appreciated!

Bid D

:o

You really have to be careful with the nightlife anymore. The numbers of ladymen have risen

exponentially in the last few years. I was on soi pattayaland last night trying to take some

photos of all the neon. You may remember, this is the one with classroom ago-go, rodeo,

mistys and what used to be a collection of decent clubs. I was really shocked because most

of them are now pushing ladymen on their customers. It's one thing to have special bars or

zones where they can work, but when you're passing them off as girls to unsuspecting tourists

I think you're eventually going to create a bad reputation for the town. This same trend seems

to be true for nearly everyplace in the city. I think the doormen at the disco keep them out. :o

If you mean transfer from the new airport to Pattaya, theirs a coach and bus service that runs during daytime hours thats about 150bt per person and that includes transfer from the Pattaya bus terminal to your hotel or home too.

As for Pattaya nightlife its still based around Walking Street although the further away you venture the cheaper the beer gets.

In soi six you need to watch out for the ladyboys!

The numbers of ladymen have risen

exponentially in the last few years. This same trend seems

to be true for nearly everyplace in the city.:o

Wat Chai market... nope.

Big C shopping... nope.

Jomtien beach... nope.

The 'dark side'... nope.

RGP... nope.

Tukcom ... OK, quite a few selling cellphones but apart from that, nope.

Another sweeping and therefore inaccurate generalization.

Hey guys, I'm returning to Pattaya since my first time in 2005..... Been to Phuket since which I loved but its not Pattaya......

I have not arranged transfers from BKK so whats the best value form of transport?

Where is the nightlife thesedays? I can remember parts of walking street but not all? Whats Queen Vic like now on Soi 6?

What am i expecting to pay for beers and vodka? Any tips for not getting ripped off with tourist prices?

Bid D

Living in Sweden, from the former Yugoslavia?

to be true for nearly everyplace in the city. :o

Wat Chai market... nope.

Big C shopping... nope.

Jomtien beach... nope.

The 'dark side'... nope.

RGP... nope.

I would say Tukcom is the only place you have been to in the last few years.

Forgot to say, if you don't want to get ripped off at tourist prices - dont go to Pattaya :o

Oops! ANOTHER sweeping generalization from another font of Pattaya knowledge.

I think the 'tourist prices' are higher in Phuket no?

Anyway, from the first line of the OP, he WANTS to come back.

To the OP, I would say very little has changed since your last soirée here in 2005; apart from obvious things like prices but that's a recent, national trend. Same buses from same place in Bangkok or the new airport to the same places in town. Limo services are faster but more expensive sadly.

Walking Street is a shadow of it's high-season glory and seasonally quiet like all the other usual bright spots in town like soi 6, 7 and 8. There's a new mall on 2nd Road opposite soi Yamato, more bars along soi Bua Khao than before. Even some places worth visiting out on 3rd road as Pattaya is spreading out like the big ol' cowpat that it is. Deals to be had getting a roof over your head right now with condo rentals being an alternative to a hotel, depending on your length of stay. Grab some of the English language tabloids and scan the property pages for bargains. There's also some fine dining experiences to be had with Mantra getting the thumbs up from most, especially for their fabulous Sunday brunch.

Welcome back Big D!

I would say Tukcom is the only place you have been to in the last few years.

Nah... been all over the shop. Don't see so many Indian tailor touts either.

I see them alright and I also see some katoeys but somehow they don't get under my skin.

to be true for nearly everyplace in the city. :D

Wat Chai market... nope.

Big C shopping... nope.

Jomtien beach... nope.

The 'dark side'... nope.

RGP... nope.

A few years ago there was no Lady boys walking along Jomtien beach road.

But we have them now. so who is making the sweeping statements.

A few years ago there was no Lady boys walking along Jomtien beach road.

But we have them now. so who is making the sweeping statements.

No, no, those are RUSSIANS you are seeing on Jomtien.

They don't bother me either.

You obviously have no answer when the facts come along.

Lady boys don't bother me as well, nice blokes.

They are strutting there stuff on jomtien beach road.

Fact. :o

BTW Soi six is full of them now, unlike a few years back. Fact.

Walking street is a joke now,, full of lady boys. Fact

All above was not the case a few years back. Fact.

What do i know only been here ten years. :D

Edited by plasticpig

Queen Vic - one best watering holes on Soi6, great grub and can't beat the pints of cider.

Now I love a pint of cold cider on a hot day. Its dam expensive about £3.00 per can in most bars I stumble through . Shall revisit the Queen Vic whilst getting a new suite on Soi six next trip.

Richard

If you mean transfer from the new airport to Pattaya, theirs a coach and bus service that runs during daytime hours thats about 150bt per person and that includes transfer from the Pattaya bus terminal to your hotel or home too.

Where abouts from the airport terminal does this bus depart from? is it direct to Pattaya..?

Fact.

Always seeking answers.

Soi 6 is only 'full' of them after 2 am when the bars close and the overwhelming amount of females that still work on Soi 6 head for home or the discos. Last count there was probably about 8 or 9 of them hanging out half way down the soi. Same goes for Jomtien beach road... they only come out late at night when the crowds have gone.

A total exaggeration. There's probably about 4 or 5 locations on WS where they congregate whereas 10 years ago, there was only the one.

Granted there's more of them but to say the place is full or them or allude to being overrun by them is a stretch at best.

What do i know only been here ten years.

Yes, well you should know better than to make things up then. You possibly have a different definition of 'full' but when it comes to bs, I have to concede you are quite replete.

Where abouts from the airport terminal does this bus depart from? is it direct to Pattaya..?

Check this link Kadafi. Maybe tropo or someone who has used Bell more recently can update fares, schedules, pickup locations, etc.?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t&p=1603827

They seem to have a pretty good rep.

Fact.

Always seeking answers.

Soi 6 is only 'full' of them after 2 am when the bars close and the overwhelming amount of females that still work on Soi 6 head for home or the discos. Last count there was probably about 8 or 9 of them hanging out half way down the soi. Same goes for Jomtien beach road... they only come out late at night when the crowds have gone.

A total exaggeration. There's probably about 4 or 5 locations on WS where they congregate whereas 10 years ago, there was only the one.

Granted there's more of them but to say the place is full or them or allude to being overrun by them is a stretch at best.

What do i know only been here ten years.

Yes, well you should know better than to make things up then. You possibly have a different definition of 'full' but when it comes to bs, I have to concede you are quite replete.

Look go down soi 6 at 3oclock this afternoon and count the LB's

Go in all the bars, you will find at least 30 or more on any given day.

8 or 9, your just so out of touch mate.

I think you have a slight problem telling the difference. between

LB's and ladies easily done. thats why your Math is wrong.

Go and do it then report back, We will see who's full of it.

Have a nice day down Soi Six :o

Edited by plasticpig

Look go down soi 6 at 3oclock this afternoon and count the LB's

Go in all the bars, you will find at least 30 or more on any given day.

8 or 9, your just so out of touch mate.

I think you have a slight problem telling the difference. between

LB's and ladies easily done. thats why your Math is wrong.

Go and do it then report back, We will see who's full of it.

Have a nice day down Soi Six :o

I reckon you are a speed reader and missed the half of my bs.

Maybe we should meet and do a tag-team 'spot the LB' dander down the soi eh? That way we can short-circuit the online pissing contest and you could show me the only way to really verify their gender since you seem to have a good grip on that matter.

Are you saying 30 in each bar or 30 on the whole soi any given afternoon? If the former, you are on drugs. If the latter, then 30 out of a (modest estimate of) 300 women is still a decent minority. Maybe it's because the katoeys are so 'in your face' it makes them appear more prevalent than they really are? I mean at any given moment on any given day, we can assume that 50% of the real women are 'busy' so it stands to reason that the LB's stick out like dogs balls.

Anyway, never, ever had a bad day down soi 6 yet!

To the OP, the Sportsman also has a decent menu and a nice sidewalk dining experience so you can feel closer to the action.

Look now your being silly. Please dont take it so personal. its not.

Go and have a count of the obvious ones and come back and tell me im wrong

Should we start a pole,, more Lb's in pattaya than before Yes or No.

think i would win.

to be on the safe side bring your own beer and vodka.

edited to add the question: "do people like you really exist?" :o

Edited by Naam

Yes its direct from the level 1 terminal to the bus station in north pattaya, then they put everyone in minibuses and take you to your home or hotel, great service!

Thanks all - I'll jump on the bus I think....

I'm expecting it to be busy though, right? Will be arriving December 28th. Weather should be the hottest too?

ooooo - You are all mentioning cider, strongbow? When I was there last could not get cider anywhere :-(

Whats the price like now then for Vodka, Singa beer?

Bid Damo

No Ladyboys in Big C?

Er... try the phone sellers on the top floor.

No Ladyboys on Jomtien Beach?

Er... try the Ladyboy/Gay section immediately to the right of the police box.

No Ladyboys on Soi 6?

Er... well theres the Ladyboy bar at the top. Hi Boss about half way down. For starters.

I could go on.

Thanks all - I'll jump on the bus I think....

I'm expecting it to be busy though, right? Will be arriving December 28th. Weather should be the hottest too?

ooooo - You are all mentioning cider, strongbow? When I was there last could not get cider anywhere :-(

Whats the price like now then for Vodka, Singa beer?

Bid Damo

Yes, late December is right in the peak of 'high-season' so you better have your hotel accommodations squared away beforehand. I reckon some of the buses will be more crowded than others, eg. the ones leaving after airport peak arrival times.

December is the middle of the cool season so no need to worry there.

Cider promotion has really taken off across the country of late, don't know why really unless it's to avoid the draconian advertising regulations on alcohol. It seems that the traditional sources like beer, whisky and liquors are politically incorrect these days but cider... that's just apple juice isn't it?

I honestly haven't a clue what the bars charge for beers these days since there's different style bars and some have happy hours but I am sure someone with the knowledge or failing that, a bar owner, will chip in soon... once they get past the annoying ladyboy detractors.

There does seem to be an infestation of LBs on Walking St especially after 1am in the morning.

I would have to agree with those that say they seem more ubiquitous than in the past.

It doesn't really worry me too much but they are aggressive creatures......

Still there must be plenty of guys taking them given the numbers about.....market forces and all that perhaps

name='NanLaew' post='2031329' date='2008-06-13 11:39:17'I honestly haven't a clue what the bars charge for beers these days since there's different style bars and some have happy hours but I am sure someone with the knowledge or failing that, a bar owner, will chip in soon... once they get past the annoying ladyboy detractors.

Was 15 outside three bars yesterday afternoon 2-5oclock.

So what LB bar is your local then. as you obviously have issues about them. :o:D:D:D

I think they are all great guys, good luck to them :D

Edited by plasticpig

Honestly, I think some of you need to get your glasses checked? Just a review.

Soi 6, absolutely a sh_tload of ladymen. 30 on the soi? Many more than that.

Soi 7-8, there's a sprinkling all up and down the sois? 30 on each soi? Possibly.

Soi Yamoto and Soi Post office? There are now ago-go's and bars which are

exclusively staffed by ladymen. Far east and hot and cold only two examples.

Sois pattayaland 1 & 2. Many ago-go's with ladymen staff.

Pattaya beach road and Jomtien beach road. They are all over the beach.

Walking street, after 11pm or so there are groups of 4-5 every 10 meters down

the street? Literally from the entrance all the way down to bali hai pier?

Just an unemotional observation that there are many more than there were a

few years ago? In nearly every entertainment district in the city? And while they

are easy to spot for many of us, particularly the middle-easterners and those on

their first trips can't seem to tell? There does seem to be an aahh overabundance. :o