Is It Possible To Find True Love Without Money ?

balo

Ummm ....My girlfriend knows I don't have a pot to piss in, she also knows I posess a heart she can't find anywhere.

Her parents a poor farmers in the Fang area. All of them accepted me, an Irish American that can only say sawadee khrup, as their own.

My lady is a very beautiful woman who could get anyone she wants.

She chose me.

So, they are out there, you just need to pull the weeds.

Edited by robeetle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first met my (Thai) wife I was struggling so much that she was virtually supporting me. Also at the time she was being chased by a guy wealthy enough to drive a Lotus.

She chose the poor man over the rich man. :D :D :D, must have been my charm. :o

My humble opinion is that there is some real bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit on here and some good points.I will let you lot to decide that.My gf didnt even know how much i had until we had lived together for 2 years.dont tell them everything,just like farang women.People think there is a mystery surrounding thai women,they are not complicated like farang women and there are many many good ones too.

The only thai woman who TRIED to stitch me up was a bk woman who was so far up her own ass she thought she was a clever white chick.She wasnt as she missed out on a wealthy guY and she didnt even know.QUITE THICK REALY BUT TRIED TO BE CLEVER BECAUSE SHE WAS EDUCATED.

Ummm ....My girlfriend knows I don't have a pot to piss in, she also knows I posess a heart she can't find anywhere.

Her parents a poor farmers in the Fang area. All of them accepted me, an Irish American that can only say sawadee khrup, as their own.

She chose me.

Your lady is such a LOSER!

She could have had me. 100% Scottish, well-off, fluent Thai speaker, quite a hunk and with almost 900 posts on TV!!!

Edited by NanLaew

She chose me.

Your lady is such a LOSER!

She could have had me. 100% Scottish, well-off, fluent Thai speaker, quite a hunk and with almost 900 posts on TV!!!

:o:D Just think what an even bigger chick magnet you will be when you have 1000 posts on TV !! :D

Hmm, what are you and the GF going to do without money? Play checkers, eat noodles and enjoy each others company. Love my wife, but it isn't too exciting without a little cash to blow every now and then. The simple romantic life sounds wonderful when you are lonely, but I think the novelty of new love wanes with time and financial struggles.

You can find love without money. However, it helps if you are lovable. eg. have a personality, some charisma and a sense of humour. If you look after you body. If you have healthy habits. If you make decent money and have a future(not really contradictory, it shows you have some intelligence). If you know how to treat a lady.

These are all traits most girls like, whether they be Thai or other.

But even with these traits, we are in a different culture to our own in which a successful man will be expected to take care of his woman and possibly her family.

But there is genuine love in Thailand, no doubt. But most people make the age-old mistake of looking for it in the wrong places.

My wife is a country girl of simple tastes. Hence having me for a husband you may think. She has no idea how much I am worth and where it is kept. I would recommended others to take a similar approach. A lady with her background might well consider anybody that wears a fresh clean shirt every day has big money.

Eighteen months ago I wound up my investment account and gave the money to charity. It was money that I had never actually seen or held and to me was just figures on a monthly statement. My thinking was that neither she or her family are sophisticated and possibly sensible enough to make good use of it after I curl up my toes. I felt then, and still do, that such a large sum of money would ruin their lives. She is presently the proud owner of two medium sized farms which are worked by members of her family and which show healthy profits. She will be more than content with the proceeds accruing from our house in Pattaya, the odd thou I have sculling around, and my pension which will revert to her on my demise.

I am the centre of her world and she of mine. We have enjoyed 7 years of marital bliss so far with no end in sight. Money has never been part of our equation.

Money intrudes on the the essential meaning of love.

If you have a situation where your partner is terminally ill and no amount of money can help, that's the true test of love and duty.

I know, I've been there twice.

My wife doesnt have any money and I love her very much. she loves me and I dont have any money as well :D

I am certain that if I had no money or a decent job she would still love me. not all girls go for money, some go for a big co-k.... :o

My wife doesnt have any money and I love her very much. she loves me and I dont have any money as well :D

I am certain that if I had no money or a decent job she would still love me. not all girls go for money, some go for a big co-k.... :o

Your post is a bit confusing you wrote both and I dont have any money as well and I am certain that if I had no money

Regardless, a woman wouldn't necessarily stop loving you if you didn't have money but would she stay with you if you weren't able to provide a decent roof over her head with adequate food and clothing. I understand there are plenty of bargirls with Thai boyfriends who will love you and a dozens more (for a price).

She will be more than content with the proceeds accruing from our house in Pattaya, the odd thou I have sculling around, and my pension which will revert to her on my demise.

I am the centre of her world and she of mine. We have enjoyed 7 years of marital bliss so far with no end in sight. Money has never been part of our equation.

:o:D:D:D UNbelievable the naivety of some.

This is not a wise crack. When I said No to OP's ? is it possible to find true companionship, friendship, security, stimulation, good times, someone to wake up with, soul-mate, etc.... for an old and ugly farang with some money, I meant difficult.

Yes it is!

OK, I am going to assume that you mean where money is not the prime mover here. I mean, if you are a farang living in the gutter with absolutley no money at all, begging for food, you are going to have a hard time anywhere in the world finding love.

I have gone out with a number of Thai women, and when asked, many of them want to date foreign men because they are fed up with the womanizing ways of the Thai men they have dated before, and they think farangs are not like that. Of course, men are the same anywhere for good or bad. But the perception for some women is that farang men are not butterflies.

So if you meet a woman like that, and you are in fact not a butterfly, I think you have a real chance to find love where money is not a factor.

If I had added bald and fat, then it could have been taken as a wise-crack. Sardonic, cynical and often times insensitive old fool would have been over the top.

I met my 30 year old soul-mate here, in Bangkok, three years ago. I had a small pot to piss in. Given enough time, I can get under anyone's skin. However, given enough time, episodes, separations, fights, moments of clarity, (self) revelations....., anything is possible. Since she's Thai, she, at least, understands a little buddhism and prior lives. Our prior lives are a joke between us. In answer to the OP's question, did you ever see the Wizard of Oz? You should lose the idea of "finding" "true" love. If you're fortunate enough or unfortunate enough, shit happens.

THAT is a wise-crack!

Edited by Shotime

women look for security, and men look for sex. that is the way god made us. the is the way god made the animal kingdom.

..have you ever wondered why so many men are driven to make love with women? why women look for the men who are stronger or richer?

..GOD made us this way.

if you don't agree, consider this - would you be interested in making love with a side of beef or a hotdog? would you die to protect a side of beef or a hotdog?

..GOD made us this way to ensure the survival of the species. pure and simple.

ONCE you realize and understand this, the suffering will cease.

then, you are ready to ponder the meaning of life.

Good point!

But "then, you are ready to ponder the meaning of life" makes some of us different from the rest of the animal kingdom. Agreed, not much.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can let alone.

In that regard, I am very poor, but content for the moment.

Very interesting thread & great replies from all.

I found this "true love" without being seen as the golden goose. My problem was thinking the grass was greener on the other side....it wasn't & threw it all away, I have regretted it eversince & am poorer for the experience !!

Good lck in your search &when you find the right one make sure you keep her.

I don't think it is just a Thai thing. Most women, no matter where, do not want to marry a dead beat. They want a man who can hold down a job and will not piddle away all the money. At the same time, there are those who only look for the money.

Well I aint go no money, my wife has more then I do. So I must be doing something right

Yep, you married into money or at least into more money than the zero you have. Any other accomplishments? Get back to us in 5 years and let us all know how your marriage is going. Probably more to your post, so sorry if I took it wrong :o

Well I aint go no money, my wife has more then I do. So I must be doing something right

Yep, you married into money or at least into more money than the zero you have. Any other accomplishments? Get back to us in 5 years and let us all know how your marriage is going. Probably more to your post, so sorry if I took it wrong :o

Well we have a bit of money now after being together for 6 years.

Mate if you actually saw me you would understand why a woman would want to be with me.

She will be more than content with the proceeds accruing from our house in Pattaya, the odd thou I have sculling around, and my pension which will revert to her on my demise.

"She will be more than content with the proceeds accruing from our house in Pattaya (which I am sure you paid all or most of) ,and my pension which will revert to her on my demise."

Yes, and money is not part of the equation, Right. Give me a break.

Money has never been part of our equation. so what about the house and the pension get a life and get back on this planet :D:Dyet another farang who left his brains at the airport

Mate if you actually saw me you would understand why a woman would want to be with me.

Congrats on the marriage and hope you have many more good years. I doubt your self proclaimed beauty will unlock the mystery of why a woman would want to be with you. It's what is inside that counts LOL- just as witty as announcing your attractiveness on a public forum.

Yep, you married into money or at least into more money than the zero you have. Any other accomplishments? Get back to us in 5 years and let us all know how your marriage is going. Probably more to your post, so sorry if I took it wrong :D

Sounds like she got a trophy rather than a husband, as or what you look like post a picture, if you dare?

Carly Simon sang a song that could have been written for you judging from you posting.

LOL :o:D

roy gsd