Home Security & Padlocks

Richb2004v2

Best deterrent may be to just not have expensive items on display, let your neighbors see your a cheap Charlie they will be happy to gossip about your cheap house hold goods.

best is sell your house/furniture, build and live in a shelter made from cardboard and put palm fronds as roofing. sleep on mats not mattresses, use drums for communication instead of internet and a mobile phone :o

which planet do you hail from? :D

:D

Build a guard tower equipped with a massive search light, hire an armed security company to patrol your pemises 24/7. Criss-cross your property with infra-red security alarm beams. Board up all your windows. Install six of the best dead bolts on each door. Play a loud recording of an ongoing party and let it loop constantly. Use plenty of light timers. Get big disturbed dogs to roam around the yard. Put Royal Thai Police stickers all over the wall of your house. Hang shrunken voodoo dolls on your porch. Ain't nobody gonna bother your house. Oh, and sleep well. :o

If you're gonna use padlocks, at least use shackled padlocks, which are now sold in Thailand.

Something like this?

18683.jpg

Dont forget that the weakest point is not necessarily the lock, get a decent hasp and staple too :o

I moved into a house that had a couple of padlocked windows with no keys. Decided to remove them for fire escaper precautions.

Called a lockshith round to cut the off.

The padlocks were the type with the square shanked keys

He put a screwdriver in the recess on the base where the keyhole was and twisted hard and the "Barrel" just ripped out..

Errr Ummm I thought.....

There have been a couple of posts regarding break-ins and robberies here in Thailand. This issue has concerned me for some time now. Whilst in the house I feel safe enough, but when we go away and leave the house locked up I am not so confident. We have draw back security bars on all the windows and a grate on each door. The problem is that we lock the doors from outside using heavy duty padlocks. As far as I know these are very easy to get around with a bolt cutter which can be obtained easily. Am I right? I don’t like to mention this to my wife as I work away a lot.

What sort of security measures does everyone else have?

I hate to tell you this. If someone wants to get in to your place they will regardless of what you do. I am a police officer of 22 years in the US and am very aware of these problems. Try going to youtube.com and type in pad locks it will show you how easy it is. Buy some automatic lights, tv and radio on at different times. You can buy sensors to put by your doors and if someone comes near the door it will set off barking sounds of large dogs.

Good Luck

I got robbed about 8 months ago while i was in bed with my wife and baby at rangsit i had heavy duty padlocks but stupid wife left her handbag in the living room with keys in it lots stolen so now i have a wireless alarm system feel lots safer here is the website thais target farrngs coz they think we all rich http://www.homesecurity.in.th/eng/standard.htm

Padlocks are great. They are strong and make a perfect place to put a piece of re-bar through to twist off the hasp.

If a thief wants in, he's going to get in. Probably the best defense is a motion detector inside the house. Thieves don't like bright lights or noise and noise wakes up the people in the house.

I live in China town where its really busy.

In broad day light thieves dressed as workman built some sheeting on the side my wife’s aunties house and simply went through the wall. This was while the family where are work. They got away with over a million baht in gold and money.

Nobody thought anything of it as they just looked like workman.

Thais a very fond of keeping valuables at home in safes especially gold. Going back to a previous comment. The best way is to simply not to many valuable in the house.

Crime is definitely on the increase in this area. Cars being stolen. 3 shops where broken into last week. Lots of gold snatched from Thai men and woman on the way to their cars etc.

One thing that’s been suggested is the current political crisis. The police are off policing rallies and what not. Inflation is through the roof. The cost of everything has done up. Fuel prices. (Corrupt government officials actually own the fuel companies such as PTT incredible. Talk about conflict of interest but thats another story)

The point is, its not going to get any better. The poor are being squeezed further and further.

Batten down the hatches, we’re in for a bumpy ride.

I also suffer this problem but then i see home automation system installed by my friend in his home and that is the best security system for home and i too installed the automation system in my home i have installed

• Omni Pro II Home Automation Controller
  • 2 Video Touch Screens
  • 6-Zones of Audio (Includes 5 indoor and 1 outdoor set of speakers)
  • 33 Automated Light Switches
  • 33 Security Contacts
  • 4 Security Cameras
  • 2 Thermostats
  • Internet Control Software
  • Complete Programming & Support

this whole system keeps me and my family safe in my home .

Edited by dickjones