Stickers On White Good . .

technocracy

What is it with Thai manufactured appliance and the bloody stickers? Can they not source low tack adhesive?

Take the energy efficiency stickers - try removing them and see what a tacky mess you are left with. I always wondered why when I visited peoples house the stickers remained on basically all white goods.

Today I installed a new mitsu extractor fan in the kitchen - on the cover plate there was a sticker tell you of the 3 year motor guarantee - slowly I tried to peel it off even then it left half the glue behind! I mean what is point? Is it something to do with face so having bright coloured stickers attached make it more visible or what?

I just cannot fathom it!

Stickers on appliances, stickers on furniture, stickers on computers, stickers on other electronics goods, stickers, stickers, stickers stickers, stickers!! :o

And let's not forget the ridiculous plastic wrap stapled to furniture. I recently purchased a nice dining room table and chair set. It was delivered put together - with the screws drilled right through the plastic protective wrap. Had to take the whole table apart just to get the plastic off. Let's not even talk about sofas. Stupid.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Stickers on appliances, stickers on furniture, stickers on computers, stickers on other electronics goods, stickers, stickers, stickers stickers, stickers!! :o

And let's not forget the ridiculous plastic wrap stapled to furniture. I recently purchased a nice dining room table and chair set. It was delivered put together - with the screws drilled right through the plastic protective wrap. Had to take the whole table apart just to get the plastic off. Let's not even talk about sofas. Stupid.

Hmmm yes I wasn't even doing to mention furniture! :D

I haven't clue to why they are stupid with them!? I always asked my wife why do people leave those energy efficiency stickers on front of the aircons units? Then when we got ours I tried to remove it off one off the units and found out why they are left! The other 3 units still have them on and the one I tried to remove just has a tacky unremovable mess on the front! :D

Ah, last time I was in the US I bought some gear driven popup sprinklers for my lawn. I was about to remove the sticky labels, but the glue is so strong that I figured a whole label left on would look better than the hash I'd make pealing it off bit by bit. It's not only Thailand that loves these too-sticky stickers.

^Come now, I was just kidding. I actually have some isopropyl alcohol and I'm going to give your suggestion a shot on some plastic dishes that still have semi-peeled labels on them....

^Come now, I was just kidding. I actually have some isopropyl alcohol and I'm going to give your suggestion a shot on some plastic dishes that still have semi-peeled labels on them....

I've never seen Isopropyl alcohol do anything but smear the glue around. Acetone does the trick. Or women's fingernail polish remover...which is an expensive bottled version of the same thing. But keep acetone away from plastic. it will disolve it and leave a bigger mess. Glass and metal are OK.

What is it with Thai manufactured appliance and the bloody stickers? Can they not source low tack adhesive?

Take the energy efficiency stickers - try removing them and see what a tacky mess you are left with. I always wondered why when I visited peoples house the stickers remained on basically all white goods.

Today I installed a new mitsu extractor fan in the kitchen - on the cover plate there was a sticker tell you of the 3 year motor guarantee - slowly I tried to peel it off even then it left half the glue behind! I mean what is point? Is it something to do with face so having bright coloured stickers attached make it more visible or what?

I just cannot fathom it!

Why to peel the stickers off?

Is this the same itch I had when I was three? :o

I never try to peel the stickers off, as it would not affect the performance or value.

WD40 will soften the glue then you can rub it off once you have broken all your finger nails tugging and tearing the paper off.

Yep, real WD-40 is pretty safe on plastics too, unlike acetone which will dissolve all and sundry (and remove certain paints) in a flash.

I send an email to Chuck Norris with a picture of the offending sticker.

The sticker then runs away of its own accord. You have to chain the fridge down first otherwise it might run away too: I had a very embarrassing incident when the microwave and the fridge blocked the door in their terror to escape Chuck's email; trust me, you don't want to try explaining *that* to the police.

HTH [:o]

I just cannot fathom it!

Is this the same itch I had when I was three? :D

I never try to peel the stickers off, as it would not affect the performance or value.

Obviously visual asthetics meaning nothing to you! The extractor fan I was installing was a ceiling flush type - not the hole in wall job - so imagine the ceiling a metallic fan in the middle of the room with 2 lines of metallic spot lights with the extractor fan white blending nicely into the ceiling. Or in your kitchen the extractor fan standing out like a sore thumb because of an dayglow sticker telling you it has a 3 year motor guarantee . . :o

I like thing to look good not have dayglow stickers adorning them making them look crappy . . I grew out of adding stickers to things when I was young. :D

Edited by technocracy

WD40 or SOnax maydamage the finish.

SAturate the glue or sticker (if paper) with baby oil, let sit a while and scrape.

Thais love their stickers, one of the first thing they do upon the purchase of a new vehicle.

Edited by Tony Clifton

It seems to be the manufactors, unemployeed, young, and those whose educational background may be suspect who place stickers on any movable or non-movable object. I think its another way of taunting and/or presenting a challenge, to see if we can remove them.

Petrol (gasoline) seems to work quite well. Just need to wash with detergent afterwards to get rid of the smell.

DM

There's no way I'm going to use petrol to clean off stickers. It's far too expensive. :o

Hmmm yes I wasn't even doing to mention furniture! :D

I haven't clue to why they are stupid with them!? I always asked my wife why do people leave those energy efficiency stickers on front of the aircons units? Then when we got ours I tried to remove it off one off the units and found out why they are left! The other 3 units still have them on and the one I tried to remove just has a tacky unremovable mess on the front! :D

Simple solution, when you purchase something that has stickers on it.

The purchase shall be become unconditional / final when ALL stickers you want removed are removed.

No matter what you buy, be it a house car or whiteware.

With hold payment, have a written agreement.

Possibly sellers will get onto manufacturers, the intial sticker, stickers...... :D

Edited by Zpete

I decided to make a Super Remover by combining everyone's suggestion into a bucket...

isopropyl alcohol
Acetone
WD40
Petrol (gasoline)
lighter fluid
Hot soapy water
baby oil

and then used the final suggestion to activate them all

heat gun is the best

the hospital said it shouldn't be more than 6,000 to fix the results...

I just cannot fathom it!

Is this the same itch I had when I was three? :o

perhaps there is an aesthetic consideration. i personally belive that not everyone who enters my house needs to be reminded my ac comes with tha 3 year warranty. I also do not need reminding of that fact myself.

I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only obsessive compulsive in Thailand suffering the problem with "BLOODY" stickers on everything from a 2 Bht pencil thru to your top of the range electrical goods.

And don't they just so nice after about 10 years stuck on everything in a normal Thai house.