garro

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Wikipedia:-

An invention is a new form, composition of matter, device, or process. Some inventions are based on pre-existing forms, compositions, processes or ideas. Other inventions are radical breakthroughs which may extend the boundaries of human knowledge or experience.

Not sure it qualifies because nobody in their right mind would have invented it but I also go for:-

Squat Toilet

Whole sun dried squid THATS DRIVEN AROUND BUSY STREETS ALL DAY---

Man i love That stuff. :o

My fave supper outside my drinking hole in Chalong.

Always make sure it is well toasted, get rid of petrol flavour........LOL

NOT NEW , tho'.

The Soda Stream

Sorry....but what is a "Soda Stream"?

The Soda Stream came with a promise that it would allow you to make your own soft drinks for practically nothing. Instead it made a warm syrup which was basically undrinkable. It was famous in the eighties and is the reason why so many of my generation grew up disillusioned and cynical with the world.

post-40701-1213450408.jpeg

:o was that a Brit or Septic thing?

I think that the Soda Stream brought disappointment to many parts of the world. It probably goes a long way to explaining the current mistrust of the West in the Middle-East. Apparently Bin Laden was given one on a trip to America in his youth.

What is wrong with Soda Stream? It is still readily available and better than ever with flavours to suit the whole family. (This is not a paid statement :D )

• 4 weeks later...

The bathroom masseuse/attendant. The last thing I want while standing in front of a urinal is a strange man's hands on my shoulders, thighs, etc. I have never had a problem picking up the bar of soap, towels or turning the faucet on and off all by myself. Who decided this task needed the assistance of a another person?

Herbal "health" drinks that are thick with SUGAR

There's an expensive fruit drink concentrate called "Mao Berry" sold at the local veggie restaurant by my house. On front, it proudly proclaims "No Added Sugar". On the back, the first listed ingredient after water is high fructose corn syrup. :o

Toilet paper dispensers for dining tables

toilet paper: always on the table. NEVER in the toilet

i would have to say those cheap 'heavy' plastic shoes that the thai girls cant seem to pick up off the ground when walking. PICK UP YOUR FEET

Firearms.

Yaa Baa and exstacy (Sp?).

Plastic bags and polystyrene boxes.

Agree with karaoke. Karaoke is Japan's revenge for Hiroshima. It is a massively disproportionate response and against the Geneva convention as it primarily targets civilians.

Agree with fish balls :o . Try as I might, and I have on many occassions, I just cannot get to like them although I doubt if they strictly qualify as an invention. But if they do you can add tofu to the list. A more disgusting texture foodstuff has yet to be marketed, I bet even raw goat's testicles are more palatable.

Disagree with barbequed dried squid, again not an invention, as I quite like it. Apart from the taste it is a good workout for the jaw muscles.

Toilet paper dispensers for dining tables

toilet paper: always on the table. NEVER in the toilet

i would have to say those cheap 'heavy' plastic shoes that the thai girls cant seem to pick up off the ground when walking. PICK UP YOUR FEET

Its the "clacking" heels which get me - so noisy!!!