Koh Tao Accommodation

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to Koh Tao in the Gulf around the beginning of July. Is it still a good time to go?

Would anyone please recommend a resort for me? Could you also provide info how to contact them, if permitted?

I just want to spend three or four nights relaxing and reading books, and perhaps a day in Koh Nang Yuan. So, the accommodation I prefer would:

* Be in centralized location, or at least close to shops, convenient marts, food stalls, or restaurants (in walking distance preferably)

* Be clean, in acceptable shape, and services are not below standard

* Not be too crowded and noisy at night from musical bands, karaoke or loud speakers (not too mind during the day)

* Cost around 1,000 - 1,500 Baht a night approximately (definitely no more than 2,000!)

* Not necessarily be adjacent to the beach, as long as it is not too far or too difficult to walk to

* TV and Air-con preferred, but not necessarily a must have.

I would appreciate it if those who have been there could give me any suggestions or tips, including places of interest, restaurants, activities, etc.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to Koh Tao in the Gulf around the beginning of July. Is it still a good time to go?

Would anyone please recommend a resort for me? Could you also provide info how to contact them, if permitted?

I just want to spend three or four nights relaxing and reading books, and perhaps a day in Koh Nang Yuan. So, the accommodation I prefer would:

* Be in centralized location, or at least close to shops, convenient marts, food stalls, or restaurants (in walking distance preferably)

* Be clean, in acceptable shape, and services are not below standard

* Not be too crowded and noisy at night from musical bands, karaoke or loud speakers (not too mind during the day)

* Cost around 1,000 - 1,500 Baht a night approximately (definitely no more than 2,000!)

* Not necessarily be adjacent to the beach, as long as it is not too far or too difficult to walk to

* TV and Air-con preferred, but not necessarily a must have.

I would appreciate it if those who have been there could give me any suggestions or tips, including places of interest, restaurants, activities, etc.

Cheers.

What blood group should the manager have ? :o

We came back from Koh Tao last week and in our experience you'll find it difficult to get what you're looking for at that price. Anything with aircon seems to be 2000 baht plus and that definitely wouldn't include a tv. We paid 2000 baht for a room at Sairee Huts and though the location was ideal, the room was very basic and although it had an aircon unit it wasn't big enough for the size of the room and we were boiling! Moved on to Koh Tao resort where we paid 2500 baht and that provided everything you're looking for (though the reception on the tv was terrible!) Good luck, and if you find what you're looking for, please post again as we'll be going again next year.