Sanctuary Of Truth

Minburi

Has anyone been to the Sanctuary of Truth yet and what was your opinion and thoughts. We are going to see the temple very soon. Thanks for any input. Is there a fee?

Yes there is a fee, and a steep one at that, and off course a price difference for farang and Thai.

Except that, it really is a work of art, well worth seeing.

cheers

onzestan

A wooden structure being built beside the sea. They will never stop work on it. :o

It is something to look at, take some time to wonder around.

I don't remember dual pricing when there in September last year, just a little pricey, at least you see where money goes. :D

I went there about 2 months ago with my wife and son (Thai)

I think the price was around 250 Baht and there was definitely no dual pricing, which I noted with pleasure. They post the prices there and everyone pays the same, so I don't know what happened to you Stan?

After you enter you get a ride to see the wooden structure, and it is very interesting with beautiful, ornate wooden carvings.

When you have finished there, you walk round to the lake and sit in a lakeside restaurant, or on the terrace and are treated to a dolphin show.

Then there is a classical dancing display followed by a martial arts display on the open area in the restaurant.

It is all on a huge piece of land and you can spend time wandering around.

The food and drink prices in the restaurant are very reasonable, but you don't have to order anything to sit there and watch the shows.

I found the staff amongst the most polite and friendly as anywhere in Thailand, and they all spoke good English and were very knowledgable. They really went out of their way to make visitors happy, which is quite unusual these days, in and around Pattaya..

Not as grand as Nong Nooch, but IMHO , much better value for money, and not far from central Pattaya.

Worth a visit.

I went there about 2 months ago with my wife and son (Thai)

I think the price was around 250 Baht and there was definitely no dual pricing, which I noted with pleasure. They post the prices there and everyone pays the same, so I don't know what happened to you Stan?

After you enter you get a ride to see the wooden structure, and it is very interesting with beautiful, ornate wooden carvings.

When you have finished there, you walk round to the lake and sit in a lakeside restaurant, or on the terrace and are treated to a dolphin show.

Then there is a classical dancing display followed by a martial arts display on the open area in the restaurant.

It is all on a huge piece of land and you can spend time wandering around.

The food and drink prices in the restaurant are very reasonable, but you don't have to order anything to sit there and watch the shows.

I found the staff amongst the most polite and friendly as anywhere in Thailand, and they all spoke good English and were very knowledgable. They really went out of their way to make visitors happy, which is quite unusual these days, in and around Pattaya..

Not as grand as Nong Nooch, but IMHO , much better value for money, and not far from central Pattaya.

Worth a visit.

Well Mobi my initial response, came from a visit dated 3 to 4 years ago. Maybe they have seen the error of their ways, after all it is the sanctuary of truth, and I couldn't understand at that time why the truth is cheaper for Thais than for us :D , seeing that they use it so sparingly :o (the truth that is).

Thanks for putting the record straight.

BTW when I first came to live in Pattaya (nearly 20 years ago) they were all ready busy on the construction, and one could access strolling from Wong Amat beach. A 50 Baht note to the foreman of the construction was all it took to have a close look.

cheers

onzestan.

Well Mobi my initial response, came from a visit dated 3 to 4 years ago. Maybe they have seen the error of their ways, after all it is the sanctuary of truth, and I couldn't understand at that time why the truth is cheaper for Thais than for us :D , seeing that they use it so sparingly :D (the truth that is).

Thanks for putting the record straight. cheers, onzestan.

Onzestan...

I believe your recollection of the price being 500-Bt...is correct.

I visited the Sanctuary about 4-years ago and do recall it being quite expensive (500-Bt!) at the time.

Yet, the place proved to be a spectacular building and I had no after regrets paying the entry fee,

knowing it was a one time visit and the pictures I'd taken will remain a reminder.

Evidently, they have since mended their evil pricing ways.

imaneggspurt...

If you found the Sanctuary a dump, then I highly recommend you NOT consider visiting

the Angkor Wats, in Siem Reap, Cambodia. After all, they are only just a pile of rocks.

Maybe beer bars better appeal to your sophisticated tastes. :o

Well Mobi my initial response, came from a visit dated 3 to 4 years ago. Maybe they have seen the error of their ways, after all it is the sanctuary of truth, and I couldn't understand at that time why the truth is cheaper for Thais than for us :D , seeing that they use it so sparingly :D (the truth that is).

Thanks for putting the record straight. cheers, onzestan.

Onzestan...

I believe your recollection of the price being 500-Bt...is correct.

I visited the Sanctuary about 4-years ago and do recall it being quite expensive (500-Bt!) at the time.

Yet, the place proved to be a spectacular building and I had no after regrets paying the entry fee,

knowing it was a one time visit and the pictures I'd taken will remain a reminder.

Evidently, they have since mended their evil pricing ways.

imaneggspurt...

If you found the Sanctuary a dump, then I highly recommend you NOT consider visiting

the Angkor Wats, in Siem Reap, Cambodia. After all, they are only just a pile of rocks.

Maybe beer bars better appeal to your sophisticated tastes. :o

I would include on the list of places to avoid:-

Muang Tam

Phanum Rung

Preah Vihar

even more plies of old bricks..... :D

I was in Pattaya in April. 8th time there and I still haven't made it over to the sanctuary. It just always seemed that touch too expensive so I did other things. I am not cheap, it just seemed a bit off. I would love to know if some farang was really just there and only paid 250 baht. I almost walked all the way down to it this last trip. I walked down the back roads from Naklua. It was getting a bit late and headed back toward Pattaya after I made it down to the water. Got to the Dusit just as the sun set.