Testing Your Thai Lady

ozsamurai

and ohhh....for the record - I have nothing against older men, or younger girls for that matter :o:D

How about younger men that aren't afraid of an older woman? :D

not sure what your point is :D

are you suggesting Im an older woman?? :D:o

as to the thread - the OP mentioned something about this ending up being thai bashing. in a lot of instances yes, hence why I felt the need to enter the discussion (to try and get people to open their eyes a little)

but on the other hand, I would say there have been interesting points and experiences shared

those that want to remain ignorant and make blanket remarks about thai women will never listen no matter what logical discussions are shared.......

but I will continue to be an ignorant too and insist on sharing the different perspective. even if it means only one person out of the thousands that are members on thaivisa begin to see things from a different perspective..Im happy :wai:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do appreciate that these things happen but I am also certain there are many more successful marriages than unsuccessful and more farangs living happily with their Thai ladies than there are failures of marriages.

:o Sometimes when I read these sites I think we and almost all our friends married to Thais must be living in some other dimension. In many years I have seen only two marriages out of dozens break up over what the writers on the net assure me is the fate of anyone in a relationship with a Thai.

You made a very good point , over the years I cannot recall just how many times I have been propositioned by married ladies in what appeared to be a sound relation ship , on becoming single , the occurances dropped to almost nil , have to prove a point or what ? :o

It was like that for me also except i wasn't married. When ever i had a girlfriend already there were many girls interested and when i was not in a relationship the interest was not there. I am not sure if it was the case of people wanting what they can't have or that they thought the only person worth having was one that someone else already had. Maybe some of the girls could enlighten us on this phenomena that both of us have experienced.

I do appreciate that these things happen but I am also certain there are many more successful marriages than unsuccessful and more farangs living happily with their Thai ladies than there are failures of marriages.

:D Sometimes when I read these sites I think we and almost all our friends married to Thais must be living in some other dimension. In many years I have seen only two marriages out of dozens break up over what the writers on the net assure me is the fate of anyone in a relationship with a Thai.

Wow

Was it thatb long ago i replied in this thread.

I am working offshore in New Zealand for a while but I am home for 3 weeks holiday (go back on Friday :D :D ).

I missed my wifes' birthday so I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, Xmas etc present.

A new fridge freezer for the house so that I can use the old on at the shop and noodle restaurant was the reply.

Not exactly what I would have bought but it works for me. :o:P:D:wai:

I believe that stupid organizations like the ones below give Thai women a very bad reputation and should be banned

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=40...33621&hl=en

Listen to this guy talk utter SH*T

Read crap like this and

What is the difference between Thai ladies and Western ladies?

More and more western men each year are traveling to Thailand to find a wife, they have studied the Thai culture and discovered that Thai ladies make good lifetime partners, as it is engrained into their culture to take care of man. They will work at their marriage to keep it. They are roll models of the traditional housewife we all new years ago. Western ladies are the opposite they have grown overweight, selfish and will dump you for any slight reason, and will leave you with nothing only bills.

http://www.thai-the-knot-intro.com/questions.php

These companies hype up the Thai Bride thing and give everyone a false promise

As a former Expat now living back in the UK, I have got to know about 10 Thai women in the pubs and discos in my town. Every one of them has a farang Hubsdand who brought them over and everyone of them is regularly cheating on their husband. I know a couple of other Thai girls who are students/work in Thai restaurants and have boyfriends who don't mess about. Now, from what I understand their Husbands can be equally as bad when they go on their periodic return trips to Thailand and I can tell by the way they talk, drink and dance that these girls are no strangers to Walking Street. However, the statistics aren't great are they?

It is bloody funny to see a 19-year English lad who has never been further than Ibiza get set upon in a disco by a 40-year old former Pattaya Princess with two kids and a husband at home. It is also funny when a Thai girl asks you to go short time with her and she will pay for the hotel!

Edited by Russ

You don't need to test her, just test yourself.

Like that guy who after meeting a sexy dancer I happen to know decided he loved her and now sends her 60k BHT / month and is buying her a new car. He's 20 years older and he knows her for 1 night. Now honestly this girl is ready to get out of the business and she really wanted to find a guy like this who would take care of her and her parents. She wants to make it work. But she told me she doesn't know him at all and she has no idea if she can fall in love with him.

To give you some perspective from the other side of the fence... :o

My wife is just a good girl and I don't know but it was pretty dam_n obvious when I met her. She speaks english well because she was studying it at uni.... I decided to marry her after 3 weeks, so far it's working out pretty well after 5 years :D Living here for a while I know lots of other farangs married to Thais and they all have lovely wives. It's clear that everyone has some crazy stories in their family but that's not different here from back home.

:D Sometimes when I read these sites I think we and almost all our friends married to Thais must be living in some other dimension. In many years I have seen only two marriages out of dozens break up over what the writers on the net assure me is the fate of anyone in a relationship with a Thai.

Wow

Was it thatb long ago i replied in this thread.

Yeah, I just ran across the thread yesterday when someone resurrected it:P

I am working offshore in New Zealand for a while but I am home for 3 weeks holiday (go back on Friday :D:D ).

I missed my wifes' birthday so I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, Xmas etc present.

A new fridge freezer for the house so that I can use the old on at the shop and noodle restaurant was the reply.

Not exactly what I would have bought but it works for me. :o :jerk: :wai::P

Sounds like you've got a practical one! :D

i have only just joined thai visa as i was looking for farang women to be friends with.

after reading some of the messages on this thread, i, as an educated thai woman, i have to question why so many of you are involved with women you do not trust.

Welcome.

Now that is the million dollar question :o

Some men like "bad" girls. The "good" girls can get very boring. "Educated" women? Now that's a whole 'nother story.

I don't need a million, but I could use a couple baht.

Good answer. Your $1000000 is in the post, if my experiment of turning a good, educated, trustworthy woman into an exciting bad woman whilst retaining her trustworthiness, fails.

Good luck. I'll wait for the money. Your experiment will fail on many levels. Mostly, though, by definition. Exciting bad women are never trustworthy. Education will only expedite your demise. Send me the money before she winds up with all of it or, maybe, she love you.

Edited by Shotime

You made a very good point , over the years I cannot recall just how many times I have been propositioned by married ladies in what appeared to be a sound relation ship , on becoming single , the occurances dropped to almost nil , have to prove a point or what ? :o

It was like that for me also except i wasn't married. When ever i had a girlfriend already there were many girls interested and when i was not in a relationship the interest was not there. I am not sure if it was the case of people wanting what they can't have or that they thought the only person worth having was one that someone else already had. Maybe some of the girls could enlighten us on this phenomena that both of us have experienced.

Weird. I am having that happen to me again now. Have a Thai g/f and it is amazing how many come on to you. No wonder I am being 'tested' regularly. Then no g/f and no 'come-ons'.

Had a lady put my hand on her leg last night, but I took it back a bit sharpish. Never know who is watching and reporting back!!! She might even have been a friend of the g/f for all I know - another test?

I value my life.

I am sure us men are often tested and not just us testing the Thai ladies, yet we would know little about it.

Now why would I be remotely interested in testing my Thai lady?

I have known her for 15 years, been married for 8 of them and we have a 4 year old son.

Apart from my clothes, computers and some other odds and ends everything is in her name and she is welcome to it all.

She has put up with me for a long time, tried to get me to stop wasting money which I used to most of the time and I have improved a lot.

When I got divorced in the UK by my first wife all I walked away with was my clothes and stuff which all fitted into a Ford Mondeo station wagon and my pensions.

What have I got to lose?

My wife and son love me and she tells me that she will be with me until one of us dies and I do believe her as I have no reason not to.

I get a little bored with the generalisations that all Thai girls are only out to get everything they can from us rich farangs.

Just think how farangs would feel if their Thai ladies did the same to them.

I agree with you 1000%, got wiped out by the first wife (farang ), ended up in a homeless shelter bla bla.

Then met my Thai lady, took her on holiday for 2 weeks, when we got back, she got her monthly pay and handed it over to me without question, so we legged it to a bar and had a rip roaring time.

We're now happily married, with two beautiful girls and she's my boss. Really my boss, as we have a Company and Business here in Oz and she is the sole Director of the Company.

I often ask myself and her, why she puts up with me and I always get the same answer, she loves me and will do so until one of us slips into the next life.

The times that we go back to Thailand, she always asks if she can go and do the most basic of things like get her hair washed and nails done, for a ridiculous 100 Baht. Never misses a beat and funnily enough it peeses me off a bit, cause she works like a Trojan and doesn't need to ask me for anything, but she always checks.

I just hope to Christ I have enough time left to rebuild to a point where I can leave her and our girls with a great future.

As many have said, the mighty $$ is a common denominator in ALL relationshps, irrespective of place of origin.

Cheers from down under.

PK.

:o Sometimes when I read these sites I think we and almost all our friends married to Thais must be living in some other dimension. In many years I have seen only two marriages out of dozens break up over what the writers on the net assure me is the fate of anyone in a relationship with a Thai.

But it is a relevant question...

What happens to an avarage Thai/Farang marage when (or if) the Farang falls on hard times?

It happens all to often and to tell you the truth...it's something that is on my mind at the moment too :D

I wouldn't test my wife and there are many reasons for it, but the main one is - she is my wife, this is enough reason for me.

As well as working dam_n hard in her own right, she has a son in Thailand to take care of - despite her ex-husband's family being loaded - and also gives money to her parents. On top of this she happily contributes to our bills - as we both believe she should.

She has both my trust and my respect.

Looking at some of the posts on this thread, you've got both extremes from the most rose coloured glasses to the scariest of cynics.

We can all cite examples of Thai girls in the local community doing this and that and I've seen as much as most, but I also see plenty of Thai's working hard to make a life and a living in a country world's apart from what they are used to.

In my own experience, knowing enough Thai's in the UK to feel qualified to judge, I'd say the number of failed relationships outnumber the successful ones, just the same as with English couples. The problem when a Thai/western couple breaks up, is that it is highlighted to prove the point. When it is a western couple breaking up, it is just accepted as normal.

Incidentally, this is also true when you see a Thai girl in the local disco doing the rounds - it reinforces ill informed stereotypes, "hey there goes a typical Thai prostitute.", but when an English slapper does the same, no-one bats an eyelid.

I wouldn't test my wife and there are many reasons for it, but the main one is - she is my wife, this is enough reason for me.

As well as working dam_n hard in her own right, she has a son in Thailand to take care of - despite her ex-husband's family being loaded - and also gives money to her parents. On top of this she happily contributes to our bills - as we both believe she should.

She has both my trust and my respect.

Looking at some of the posts on this thread, you've got both extremes from the most rose coloured glasses to the scariest of cynics.

We can all cite examples of Thai girls in the local community doing this and that and I've seen as much as most, but I also see plenty of Thai's working hard to make a life and a living in a country world's apart from what they are used to.

In my own experience, knowing enough Thai's in the UK to feel qualified to judge, I'd say the number of failed relationships outnumber the successful ones, just the same as with English couples. The problem when a Thai/western couple breaks up, is that it is highlighted to prove the point. When it is a western couple breaking up, it is just accepted as normal.

Incidentally, this is also true when you see a Thai girl in the local disco doing the rounds - it reinforces ill informed stereotypes, "hey there goes a typical Thai prostitute.", but when an English slapper does the same, no-one bats an eyelid.

I arranged for a Brad Pitt look alike to arrive at the house when I was away. I had set up hidden cameras in the bedroom, He had a big bunch of flowers and chocolates. They made love for an hour then she left with him, wiped out my bank savings and stole twenty thousand dollars from my account. On the plus side I sold the movies rights for a quarter of a milion dollars.

Weird. I am having that happen to me again now. Have a Thai g/f and it is amazing how many come on to you. No wonder I am being 'tested' regularly. Then no g/f and no 'come-ons'.

Had a lady put my hand on her leg last night, but I took it back a bit sharpish. Never know who is watching and reporting back!!! She might even have been a friend of the g/f for all I know - another test?

I value my life.

I am sure us men are often tested and not just us testing the Thai ladies, yet we would know little about it.

When it happened to me when I was with a Thai lady (in a relationship, or now that I am married and with my Thai wife) I chalked it up to the fact that we appear to be more stable than the farang that is out there in the hunting mode. Those of us in relationships are therefore more desirable (not running around). It's a guess, but it makes sense.

What happens to an avarage Thai/Farang marage when (or if) the Farang falls on hard times?

It happens all to often and to tell you the truth...it's something that is on my mind at the moment too :D

Not sure what the average Thai/westerner marriage is.

If the women was picked up in a holiday area or the internet, she generally dumps him and looks for one with money.

These women aren't stupid, they usually go for guys that have assets or a steady income - work or pension.

Fair question, and it's up do the individuals I think. One of the two marriages that I saw break up was sort of for that reason - or to be more accurate when the wife found out her guy wasn't as wealthy when they got to farangland as she expected - it was over. Just like the horror stories on the net. On the other hand I've seen several farang/farang marriages fail when the husband falls on hard times. Many of the Thai/farang couples we know the wife pitches in, getting a job to help with the household's finances.

At the risk of now being BANNED I posted my wife was sending me money back to the UK and was called a troll so don't waste your breath on this it "obviously" NEVER EVER happens!! :D

If the women was picked up in a holiday area or the internet, she generally dumps him and looks for one with money.

These women aren't stupid, they usually go for guys that have assets or a steady income - work or pension.

Thnaks I met my wife there (internet) I'll tell her she's not stupid Im sure she'll appreciate it.

I'm presuming the OP is referring to TGFs not wives?

Keep close tabs on her mobile call logs, you can learn a lot from them. :o

If in doubt, you are correct, walk away before it's too late.

My other half is not interested in checking my mobile phone and in turn I wouldn't dream of checking hers. I think a mobile, like email, should remain private for both parties in a healthy realtionship.

As for testing a girlfriend, if i thought things were suspect (to be honest I normally find that if you need to test, then something is wrong already). But If I had to, I would simply leave a thousand baht note in an obscure place within the house (this test only works if you live together, she cleans and you don't employ a cleaner) and see if she tells you when she finds it.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

My other half is not interested in checking my mobile phone and in turn I wouldn't dream of checking hers. I think a mobile, like email, should remain private for both parties in a healthy realtionship.

As for testing a girlfriend, if i thought things were suspect (to be honest I normally find that if you need to test, then something is wrong already). But If I had to, I would simply leave a thousand baht note in an obscure place within the house (this test only works if you live together, she cleans and you don't employ a cleaner) and see if she tells you when she finds it.

Up to you, but cheaper to check the logs. :D

Up to you, but cheaper to check the logs. :D

Well, we were talking about two different possible scenerios.

1. Does she have a bit on the side?

2. Is she only with you for cash?

I think both our suggestions wouldn't be a bad idea. :D

Edited by Geekfreaklover

I ahve been out of work more than in work over the past few years so we pooled what was left of our money, she borroewed some more and opened a small shop with a noodle stall on the side.

She is now earning about 50% of what I earned and she kept us and our son going.

I got another job and now 20% of that money goes into her bank account and the rest to our bank.

Thats what happened in our marriage when I ran out of cash.

I love them both to bits and I wouldn't swap them for anything in the world. :D :D :D

I think there a lot of frustrated losers given comments on this topic.

Get a live guy's. Better you sit behind your PC and take some subscription on some adult website and go 1,2,3 other hand, and stop bashing Thai women, because you clearly don't have the maturity to have a grown up relationship with them.

I think there a lot of frustrated losers given comments on this topic.

Get a live guy's. Better you sit behind your PC and take some subscription on some adult website and go 1,2,3 other hand, and stop bashing Thai women, because you clearly don't have the maturity to have a grown up relationship with them.

How long have you lived in Thailand, not long by the tone of your comment?

Do you really live here?