Buying A Condo With Savings On A Thai Bank

Hello,

I'm considering buying a condo in Thailand. Should I decide to sell it one day, will I be able to buy a new one after that, considering that for condo purchases, it's required to a) make a direct transfer of funds from a foreign bank or :o to prove that the Thai Baht were changed from a foreign currency (by showing the receipts)?

The weirdest thing would be if I'd be required to change back the sales price to foreign currency, then change this foreign currency back to THB just to be able to "prove that I changed the currency correctly"…

thanks!

Hello,

I'm considering buying a condo in Thailand. Should I decide to sell it one day, will I be able to buy a new one after that, considering that for condo purchases, it's required to a) make a direct transfer of funds from a foreign bank or :o to prove that the Thai Baht were changed from a foreign currency (by showing the receipts)?

The weirdest thing would be if I'd be required to change back the sales price to foreign currency, then change this foreign currency back to THB just to be able to "prove that I changed the currency correctly"…

thanks!

Postede similar question on 23rd July, this thread should answer your question

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196194

Hello,

thanks!

You are correct in your assumptions you would have to send the money back out and bring it back in again, booring I know.

Edited by pkrv