Non-b 1year In Kuala Lumpur - I Did It!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Some useful info here but im still not confident that I will get a 12 month Non B from KL when I go next week.

Ok, in a nutshell. I have a WP which is now 3 years old, issued in Phuket with lots of renewal stamps going back to November 2005. On page 5 where it says "Work period" it has the " ปี " crossed out (which im now on the understanding means year), instead it has hand written a number 6 and some more text in Thai, about 4 or 5 letters long.

Sorry, I would not be able to type this out and im not near a Thai person who can tell me. Above this word is what appears to be the what looks like the word " All "....

So, on the above info, whats the chances of me getting a 12 month Non B from KL ?

Some useful info here but im still not confident that I will get a 12 month Non B from KL when I go next week.

Ok, in a nutshell. I have a WP which is now 3 years old, issued in Phuket with lots of renewal stamps going back to November 2005. On page 5 where it says "Work period" it has the " ปี " crossed out (which im now on the understanding means year), instead it has hand written a number 6 and some more text in Thai, about 4 or 5 letters long.

Sorry, I would not be able to type this out and im not near a Thai person who can tell me. Above this word is what appears to be the what looks like the word " All "....

So, on the above info, whats the chances of me getting a 12 month Non B from KL ?

Go into Phuket Labour, make a WP5 application (for one year) Visa Pending and get the 'magic stamp'.

If you first need to increase the validity period to one year then use a WP7 first apply for 'one year validity' and pay the 300 Baht - takes a couple of working days to process this.

Go into Phuket Labour, make a WP5 application (for one year) Visa Pending and get the 'magic stamp'.

If you first need to increase the validity period to one year then use a WP7 first apply for 'one year validity' and pay the 300 Baht - takes a couple of working days to process this.

That would be a bit difficult. Im not in Thailand, I have already left !

I have also just learned that the validity of my work permit (the section that says "Work period") actually says 6 months. Which I cant really understand as the WP is 3 years old :o

That would be a bit difficult. Im not in Thailand, I have already left !

I have also just learned that the validity of my work permit (the section that says "Work period") actually says 6 months. Which I cant really understand as the WP is 3 years old :o

Where are you? If you are not in SE Asia then a 1 year non B multiple can be very straighforward at an Honorary Consulate.

The 'Work Period' is the maximum future period you can apply for per WP5 renewal application (6 months, 1 year, 3 years, etc). Your actual permission is locked to your passport stamp (90 days if on border runs, 1 year if you are on an extension).

Can I pay for the visa with Thai Baht? It would save the money loss in converting almost 6,000 baht into Malaysian ringit.

And did someone say that if you apply for and pay for a 1-year Non-B but they only give you a 3 month Non-B that they don't refund your money!!! I find that hard to believe really. Any confirmation? Can you show your paperwork first and see what you will get before you pay?

Also, what is the best time to go to the embassy? Early in the morning? How long does it take to process? (Sorry, but I've never been to KL before to get a visa).

Thanks

I don't know about Kuala Lumpur but have seen some posts about some other consulates refunding the difference, some consulates not refunding.
I haved always found KL to be tough on paper work, but fair. On the first day they check your papers when you apply; they will not accept the cash unless everything is ok.

Kindly note that pick up times in KUL have changed effective 1st November 2008 as follows:

WAS 11:30 - 12.30 , NEW 14:30 - 16:30. Passports with visas are handed out from counter 1 instead of the guards before.

Were there thursday morning, queue less than 10 people at 08:40, out with application approved allready by 09:50.

Very efficient staff, 4 counters open. Handed out my WP together with passport and paperwork, they just checked the wp is original and valid and got my 1 year NON B. Would say this was easy, and they quote you what kind of visa you are allowed and the amount you have to pay according to your paperwork.

OK, I went to the Embassy on Tuesday, Nov. 11th, I got there about 10:00 and had about 60 people in front of me. I was worried because they close visa applications at 11:30. Luckily, at 11:29, they called my number (be sure and get a number as soon as you get there!).

I handed over all my paperwork and application for 1 Year Non-B. The lady looked it over and said it was 550 ringit and to come back one day later to pick up. So I paid and went back on Wednesday (can pick-up between 2:30 and 4:30), showed my receipt (no number necessary when picking up) and go my passport back with the 1 year, mulit-entry Non-B.

I am very relieved to say the least. Now I know I'm safe for the next 15 months! Then have to do all over again.

I think KL is better than Penang. A lot more to do and you can do yourself here and not have to pay "agents" in Penang because this visa already cost almost 6,000 baht! KL has a lot to do while waiting for visa. Turn it into a vacation instead of just a visa run. I've decided to stay for 4 days instead of just grabbing my visa and heading back home to Thailand. Might as well enjoy it while I'm here (though the women aren't as beautiful IMHO).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did this just now(just got back) and with no luck.

Went there monday morning and got number 90 something(luckily i wasnt one of those who got over 200).

With all my papers waited for my turn, i just did my 1 year interview at labour department and they renewed my WP for 1 year, i had the magic stamp in my WP.

Also with me was WP5 form and everything along with 1inch thick stack of A4's.

The clerk just said single entry only and didnt even want to look at my WP or WP5 ect ect.

Next time OZ perhaps...?

• 4 months later...

Trying to get an update on this? Last post doesn't sound like the earlier ones........ getting kind of urgent now.

Has anyone gotten a Non Imm B, Multiple Entry from the KL office, recently , say within the past month or so?

Also anyone already having done it do you have and could you post the name of anyone to call at the Embassy Visa Section in KL?

May as well give the phone number if you can

thanks

Gonzo

Update on KL B visas and work permits.

I can confirm that the WP and permission to stay no longer have to be in sync. I have a small company in Phuket and for me in the past they always used to be (3 month WP's) but starting this year i was issued a 2 year WP. I went last week to KL to get a new 1 year visa, everything went smoothly.

I've just received my work permit today...brand new. Page 7 has it valid until 13/05/2553 therefore good for one year from today. No notations, either typed or hand written on Page 5 under 'work period' and 'valid until'. Will this be good for a 1 year Non B multi-entry from KL? I dont yet know my employers registered capital... is 2 million Baht adequate for KL?

• 2 months later...

From what I am reading on this thread, non imm B visas are still available in KL?

A friend told me last week that this had stopped and he had to go back to the UK to get one.

Is this true or not?

My Mexican girlfriend is coming to live with me in Phuket in December. We plan to register a new company and apply for her non imm B visa in KL, as I did.

Does anyone know of any posible problems with this? (for a Mexican)

Or would it be better for her to do all this in Mexico City before she comes over?

Any help/ advise will be greatfully recieved.

Ta

• 1 month later...
If you have application receipt for WP (WP3) you'll get 3 months.

If you have at least eight months validity left on your WP you'll get 1 year multiple non-B

Sorry but this doesn't add up to what "unski" wrote, he had the magic stamp that states 1 year extension of WP and all the document necessary. He still got 3 months only. Can anybody pls clarify this? Thanks in advance.

If you have application receipt for WP (WP3) you'll get 3 months.

If you have at least eight months validity left on your WP you'll get 1 year multiple non-B

Sorry but this doesn't add up to what "unski" wrote, he had the magic stamp that states 1 year extension of WP and all the document necessary. He still got 3 months only. Can anybody pls clarify this? Thanks in advance.

Not sure what unski's problem was. But you should not need the magic stamp anymore because work permits are now issued for one year. They are no longer linked to your permit to stay date.