Pattaya - Ko Samui Ferry

NotNew2You

In the past, I have seen ads for scheduled ferry services from Pattaya to Samui and Tao islands in the Gulf. Does anyone know if there is currently a ferry service from Pattaya to Samui, and if so, the contact info or where the ferry office is located?

Edited by NotNew2You

My Partner had to go by bus to Krabi and then get the ferry accross - I dont think there is one from Pattaya - wish there was though !!!! When I went to Koh Samui a few years ago, I went from the Pattaya Airport and the price of the 45 min flight was lower than i expected at that time, i was quite surprised.

My Partner had to go by bus to Krabi and then get the ferry accross - I dont think there is one from Pattaya - wish there was though !!!! When I went to Koh Samui a few years ago, I went from the Pattaya Airport and the price of the 45 min flight was lower than i expected at that time, i was quite surprised.

Why a bus to Krabi? Krabi being on the west coast of Thailand, surely a bus to Surat Thani would be better.

Sophon

I recall fairly recently picking up a flyer on a ferry service between Pattaya and Samui. I will check around with some travel agents. Current price for Bangkok Air Pataya-Samui return is B 7600 (all in) or about US$ 230. That's pretty pricey for a 40 minute flight :o

If no ferry, will likely just hop the bus to Bangkok and then the train to Surat Thani or Chumpon. From there, can catch ferries to Samui or Tao. Total for bus/train/ferry return probably about B 2000-B 2500 return :D Retired so have plenty of time for slow travel.

Pattaya girl You cannot get a ferry to Samui from Krabi. Its on the opposite coast to Samui and would require sailing around Malaysia, indonisia and Bali then up the other side to reach Samui. A bus / ferry ticket from BKK to Samui on a VIP bus with Seatran / Lomprayah is 1000 baht. You get the bus from BKK to Chumphon then ferry to Tao, KPG and Samui. A flight from BKK to Samui is around 3,500 baht. :o