Why Are Prices Shown In Us Dollars

DJ Pat

Should all prices be shown in Baht as This is Thailand?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

although I know some who use this: http://www.visoot.com/promotion/surgery/

The principle of most Sex reassignment surgery procedures involved :

• Orchiectomy and high ligation of the spermatic cord.

• Penectomy and excision of corpuscavernosa of the penis

• Use of corpus spongiosum and urethtra to provide a urinary conduit.

• Use of penile skin to form labia minora.

• Use of the scrotum labia to form labia majora.

Ouch!

It'll be interesting to see when the big hotels switch from US Dollars to Euros.

Not to get politcal here, but given Bush's economic ideas and policy of deficit spending, the Dollar will probably lose a lot of value during the next four years.  Also, there are already more European tourists here than American and that trend will probably continue.

Euros? I am in UK and still can't find any average Brit who can tell me how much one Euro is a Pound? I wonder how many European tourists are familier which Euros, I mean do you really use Euros in your country?

.....I think it's bloody stupid as I don't carry a calculator around with me 24 hours a day........

Here's a tip:

1. Read the dollar number.

2. Multiply by 4.

3. Multiply by 10.

Now you have the Baht number. :D

Still not simple (SNS)

Why not just change it ALL to Baht so as not to confuse non-calculator carriers such as myself?

When I went to school back in the stone age nobody had heard of calculators but my maths teacher (Killer Hoy) taught us well enought that I generally dont use a calculator for normal every day things. When I ask the people in the shops to work out the bill without a calculator they cannot.

On the plus side my brain battery never goes flat, unless I drink too much, and at that stage the calculator probably goes into time and a third.

Divide by 3 and multiply by 4. Now wasn't that easy children.

Tomorrow we do calculus with a slide rule. :o

? x 40 = double it, double it, stick a zero on the end.

Sorted!

:o you are getting seriously ripped off mate, your formula makes $2 = B3200 <deleted>?

Just multiply by 4 and then by 10, Simple.

If i have misunderstood you please let me know how it works.

Noodles.

Yes, you've misunderstood!

The formula is baht * 2 * 2 * 10 = dollars.

This is the same as baht * 40 = dollars.

You misread the formula as baht * 40 * 2 * 2 * 10 = dollars.

And to those people who want the prices quoted in GB pounds: NO WAY!

As the dollar slowly sinks into oblivion and takes the baht with it, the cost in pounds is dropping too! But don't tell the hotels :D

I've noticed that when something is a tad extortionately priced here in Thailand, it is shown in US Dollars so the figure appears cheaper.

Is this the reason why?

I think it's bloody stupid as I don't carry a calculator around with me 24 hours a day.

Examples:

Flights

Hotel rooms

Car hire

Dodgy Indian tailors

Hey DJPat! how dare you call my Indian Tailor friends dodgy. I mean these dudes give me huge bargains on my chit mang. I had a dude knock 10% of his already dirt cheap asking price, quoted in dollars of course. He even threw in one head towel to boot

..... Hey DJPat! how dare you call my Indian Tailor friends dodgy. I mean these dudes give me huge bargains on my chit mang. I had a dude knock 10% of his already dirt cheap asking price, quoted in dollars of course. He even threw in one head towel to boot

Just how many trolls are there on this forum? :o